Arlington schools, and the Coughlin-Levenson uproar

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddsuburbs. Show ddsuburbs's posts

Arlington schools, and the Coughlin-Levenson uproar

The disputes involving former superintendent Nate Levenson, and teachers Stavroula Bouris and Charles E. Coughlin have dragged on for months. What does everyone think of the situation?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from advocateforarlington. Show advocateforarlington's posts

Re: Arlington schools, and the Coughlin-Levenson uproar

Question #1: Was terminating Coughlin and Bouris in the best interest of students in Arlington? Answer: an emphatic no. I worked with Chuck and Stav for almost 10 years and I can say, without hesitation, that they are among the most dedicated and effective educators with whom I have ever served. Both of them were well respected among students, staff and parents, not to mention within the community. In a time when top notch educators who will be loyal to Arlington is at a premium, the town threw two of them out and publicly humiliated them along the way.

Question #2: Were Coughlin and Bouris treated fairly in the investigation after allegations were made? Answer: an emphatic no. They were never questioned fully or given the opportunity to respond to allegations. They were not believed with what they did share. They were never given a warning, never told to stop, never had the opportunity to change their behavior with progressive discipline and they were threatened with public humiliation if they didn’t step down.

Question #3: Were Coughlin and Bouris treated in a manner that was consistent with other employees who were accused of similar allegations? Answer: an emphatic no. I can think of 2 Principals, 2 Department Head’s, 2 other administrators, a coach and a teacher, all of whom had similar accusations against them, in some cases who admitted to allegations and not one of them were terminated. One of them even received a promotion.

What would anyone do if they were accused of something that they didn’t do, were never asked about it, were never given an opportunity to make things right, were fired for it, had their privacy violated, had private communications revealed in the media and then, when they went through the proper channels to challenge such decisions, were met with avoidance, delays, lies, deceit and people conspiring against them.

The truth will be told in its entirety. Those responsible will be held accountable. You can run Arlington but you can’t hide…

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seagator. Show Seagator's posts

How many teachers would be saved with the money used to fight this case. Levenson is gone. The two teachers are suing the Town for 7 1.2 million.  Why is the School Commiiee attorney willing to fight this case for free.  I left Arlington in 1979 and this law firm still be used.....a classic waste of money.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Levenson should be made to pay Arlington's expenses in this matter.  He is a jerk and a criminal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pablo02475. Show Pablo02475's posts

This is the equivalent of a taxi driver taking you for a $300 ride and dropping you where you started.  The arbitrator clearly didn't do his job, and the courts were right in tossing a severely flawed decision.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dslily. Show dslily's posts

I can't believe that, whatever the outcome of the 4/10, election, we will still be stuck with 2 of the original school committee enablers of Levenson, plus their 2 sycophants from the last election, all of whom just railroaded their mouthpiece into permanent superintendent status.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrumpwell. Show scrumpwell's posts

It has been well established that there is no expectation of privacy on your employer's email system, be it public or private.  I can't understand why people are siding with the teachers, they got what they had coming to them based on exceptionally unprofessional behavior.  Now they are just looking for a big score payday at taxpayer expense.  No love lost for the former super, but the plaintiffs are no better than leeches.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stephen007. Show Stephen007's posts

Playing it politically correct & by the books per say YES it was wrong.

Was any of it disruptive to their classrooms, students, teachings? NO, not til it was made public & over reacted on...

Was some emails worth the price tag & embarrasement? NO

We cant seem to afford more teachers, our schools are axing programs, but we can carry on with a multi million $ lawsuit over some emails...