Mandarin language teacher

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PARJR. Show PARJR's posts

Mandarin language teacher

I have just been informed that there is a position available for a Mandarine language teacher at AHS. With important programs that have been cut or reduced by the SC, why in the world are they looking to teach Mandarin as a language. I would think there should be other priorities.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PARJR. Show PARJR's posts

Re: Mandarin language teacher

Don't any of you parents out there care that the SC committee has decided that teacing Mandarin language is more important to them then all the special subjects they are cutting. Can't you see that they are cutting these subjects so your kid will suffer and then next year when the town asks for an overide you will all vote yes because your kids are heartbroken that they have lost their special subjects. On top of it all, they waste money on teaching Mandarin language.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from realfan2004. Show realfan2004's posts

It's not being wasted.  It's paid for by a specific Chinese grant that the district won, money that is can only used for teaching Mandarin.  The school should be applauded for finding programs like this that cost the district nothing and help make up for the things being taken away by budget reductions.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PARJR. Show PARJR's posts

Maybe the schools should find grants for things that are necessary to our basic education. Like Math,English, trying to cut down the number of students in classes in the elementry school. Even for the cuts the elementry has taken in Music. Art and PE. Instead of, and again I say, wasting their time on teaching Mandarin.