Should Mass. Avenue in Arlington be reduced to make way for sidewalks, bike lanes and pedestrian crossings?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsjibba. Show itsjibba's posts

Re: Should Mass. Avenue in Arlington be reduced to make way for sidewalks, bike lanes and pedestrian crossings?

It's not town money, it's federal money.  It will be spent on the town and will help revitalize the local economy.  If this project is defeated, the money will go elsewhere instead and we will still have our free-for-all, unmarked, pothole filled 3 lanes.

In response to baggelio's comment:

Arlington used to be a nice town to live in, the streets were cleaned, the schools were great, until now.  Arlington is becoming expensive to live in because every Tom, Dick and Harry that has a pet project or peeve and get's it passed.  Why is Arlington spending my money on a problem that is not there?  That money could be used, oh I don't know but just saying, it could be used to clean the streets, spend it on our children's education, etc. But instead we have these enviromentalists that tell me to ride a bike to work, or take the T because it's healthier.   You ride your bike! You are probably the same people that voted against the leaf blower because as our rep in Arlington Town Hall stated "it's healthier to go out and rake instead of using a leaf blower"  Not everyone can ride a bike because of many issues, mine would be age I'm tired of people in the Town Hall  making wrong decisions and spending my money!  There was never a problem with people riding bikes, there was never a problem with buses, where did you people come from and can you please go back there!  Don't spend my money on problems that are not there! spend it on our kids education because God knows we need a better generation in politics than we have now. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from baggelio. Show baggelio's posts

Re: Should Mass. Avenue in Arlington be reduced to make way for sidewalks, bike lanes and pedestrian crossings?

In response to itsjibba's comment:

It's not town money, it's federal money.  It will be spent on the town and will help revitalize the local economy.  If this project is defeated, the money will go elsewhere instead and we will still have our free-for-all, unmarked, pothole filled 3 lanes.

In response to baggelio's comment:

Arlington used to be a nice town to live in, the streets were cleaned, the schools were great, until now.  Arlington is becoming expensive to live in because every Tom, Dick and Harry that has a pet project or peeve and get's it passed.  Why is Arlington spending my money on a problem that is not there?  That money could be used, oh I don't know but just saying, it could be used to clean the streets, spend it on our children's education, etc. But instead we have these enviromentalists that tell me to ride a bike to work, or take the T because it's healthier.   You ride your bike! You are probably the same people that voted against the leaf blower because as our rep in Arlington Town Hall stated "it's healthier to go out and rake instead of using a leaf blower"  Not everyone can ride a bike because of many issues, mine would be age I'm tired of people in the Town Hall  making wrong decisions and spending my money!  There was never a problem with people riding bikes, there was never a problem with buses, where did you people come from and can you please go back there!  Don't spend my money on problems that are not there! spend it on our kids education because God knows we need a better generation in politics than we have now. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from baggelio. Show baggelio's posts

You will kill business on Mass Ave if you reduce to 1 lane each way!

Sections
Shortcuts