What do you love about Belmont?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCJoeAllenBlack. Show BDCJoeAllenBlack's posts

What do you love about Belmont?

I'm new to the Boston area. In the few weeks I've been here, I've loved getting to see how each town and city offers its own mix of awesome restaurants and events. What are the must-dos for Belmont -- from bars to restaurants to galleries to theaters to whatever is awesome? 

For a newcomer like me, what do I need to know about Belmont?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fcbroker. Show fcbroker's posts

Re: What do you love about Belmont?

As far as the town has come since being named most boring town in Massachusetts around 1990, there still isn't much to do, which is the beauty of this small town.  Small town feel with easy access to Cambridge and Boston.  Lots of places for good takeout, not much in the way of restaurants, and the moonbats wouldn't allow a bar in Belmont.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mezzogal1124. Show mezzogal1124's posts

In Response to Re: What do you love about Belmont?:
    Never found a decent restaurant here - and I've tried. Good luck.Posted by Chris2008

Really?  I think Il Casale is delicious (although it can be loud), and I also like Patou Thai and Savinos.

I realize this is nerdy, but I love Eastern Lamejun Bakers (on Belmont St.).  They are an excellent source for Armenian, Greek, Turkish, etc. food.  In addition to the ONLY decent selection of feta and olives in the area, they make homemade specialty foods that are excellent.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Things to do in Belmont?

1.  Go to your mechanic for new shocks and wheel alignment, often.   The Worst Roads in Massachusetts.  Absolutely the worst!

2.  Go to Ben Franklins.  One of the last real time 5 and 10s.  And the hardware store across the street is very handy.

3.  Go to Vickie Lee's for a unique, yummy dessert treat!

4.  Go to the Arlington Capitol to see that movie that you meant to go see 6 months ago!  It's great for us procrastinators.

5.  Go to Terra Firma in Belmont Center to buy a nice piece of jewelry for your wife or girlfriend (or both)!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from evanthia. Show evanthia's posts

There's a great sense of community at the Belmont Farmers' Market. It's held on Thursday afternoons, 1:30 - 7 pm, behind Belmont Center. It's delicious -- fresh-picked produce, baked goods, dips, spreads, sauces, gelato, jams, jellies, honey -- the list goes on. Check the web site, http://www.belmontfarmersmarket.org,  for the guest vendors and special events, like musical performances The Market collects nonperishable goods for the Belmont Food Pantry on the third Thursday of the month. I hope you'll have a chance to visit.

And don't miss Kitchen on Common in Cushing Sq., a real gem, that uses local foods.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCJoeAllenBlack. Show BDCJoeAllenBlack's posts

You all are awesome! I look forward trying the Kitchen on the Common and Casale!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7x4. Show 7x4's posts

I love voting against overrides.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelmontTownie. Show BelmontTownie's posts

Belmont has easy access to Rt. 2, Rt 128/95 and the Mass Pike. It has Angelato's Gelato and Rancatore's Ice Cream. It has Michael's Pizza (Greek) and Stone Hearth (Gourmet)Pizza. It has Linda's Donuts (best buttercrunch in State) and Ohlin's Bakery (best danish). It has MBTA bus service and Commuter Rail service for easy access to Cambridge/Boston. It has Habitat for nature walks and Tree lined streets. It has families committed to education which is the primary reason Belmont High School is regularly rated tops in it's class in the Country (not just Ma.). It doesn't have the crime like Arlington, Watertown, and Waltham. It's simple and it is quiet. Politically it is moving away from the Progressive dominance of the last 2 decades and is developing an Independent streak that is questioning reckless decisions made in the past and requiring politicians to justify the money they spend. The major Roads are as good or probably better than any of the surrounding Towns. It's the secondary side streets that are in shambles and will take time to allocate funds for repair so drive slow through the neighborhoods. All in All if you can't afford Weston/Wellesley then Belmont is a reasonably priced ($750k average) alternative.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCJoeAllenBlack. Show BDCJoeAllenBlack's posts

@BelmontTownie: You obviously love your community, which is awesome. How long have you lived in Belmont for?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Globe4000. Show Globe4000's posts

The MILF's that walk through downtown during lunch.

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts