Qdoba lot replacement

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmcmasters. Show kmcmasters's posts

Qdoba lot replacement

Hello,

I have been trying to find out what company is replacing Qdoba in Coolidge Corner? They are currently doing construction on the lot, and I am curious! Does any one know?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaumich. Show gaumich's posts

Re: Qdoba lot replacement

In Response to Re: Qdoba lot replacement:
    In Response to Qdoba lot replacement : I heard that it was going to be a Friendly's. ************
    Posted by LeeHonda

Looks like this. There's even a few ads on Craigslist for staff.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmcmasters. Show kmcmasters's posts

That's awful news...basically a fast food chain.. doesn't seem to fit in Coolidge Corner. I would have preferred a small owned business! I actually recently heard that a small restaurant had made a bid on the property but the owners denied it because they wanted a chain. Very disappointing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from delajunk. Show delajunk's posts

Kmcmasters. Ideally most would prefer a small business owner, but I think the landlord rented to the business that he felt could pay the rent every month. I work for a property management company and I never have to call on regional or national companies for rent. Most of the small businesses are months behind on their rent. We have the same monthy bills to pay and when rent doesn't come in, it hurts our business. So it's no surprise that they preferred Friendlys, you don't know whether the small restaurant had sufficient capital. For not at least there are no mandates on who you rent to.

I'm just trying to give a different view.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Warm. Show Warm's posts

The businesses that stay alive are the businesses where people spend their money, plain & simple.  I'm sure if customers were spending their money at these small businesses in coolidge corner, they'd still be in business!  It's all about the customer - not the landlord or the chain.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lz1. Show lz1's posts

Kmcmasters: No offense, but I'm not sure how the Friendly's can be considered out of place when it's replacing another chain (which had itself replaced a McDonald's). It seems like, these days, Coolidge Corner has just as many chains as it does local businesses.