New Buildings along Cambridge street in overlay zoning district

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from newintown01803. Show newintown01803's posts

Re: New Buildings along Cambridge street in overlay zoning district

Residential frontage is 25 feet.  Residential properties can be granted variances, if the abutters do not object.  Not sure there are many abutters on 3A.  Being new in town I love whats going in, if the warrant on the 27th is passed and there are no more condos biult until some commercial buildings are built this town will flourish.  I will be the talk of Massachusetts within the next 5-7 years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rrr8rrr. Show rrr8rrr's posts

newintown, What is "biult"? 

You have high expectations for yourself stating - "I will be the talk of Massachusetts within the next 5-7 years."  Are you planning on being famous or infamous?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gl797. Show gl797's posts

Like the traffic isn't bad enough in these areas already. Winn St. and Center Street are a NIGHTMARE at rush hour...so let's add some more cars into the mix.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from viggie. Show viggie's posts

No matter what is built or renovated our town center is still UGLY. It is so disconnected I'm embarrassed to bring friends and family through the center. Nothing quaint about it and certainly no vision in its architecture or design. So depressing. Level it and start over again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from paul14. Show paul14's posts

Is there any truth to the rumor that Building 19 1/2 is selling their property for condo/townhouse development?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from newintown01803. Show newintown01803's posts

They are just rumors now, but I hope so.  Building 19 is one of the biggest eyesores in this town.  As far as i'm concerned; good riddance.

I agree the Burlington center could use some landscaping, and some nice flowers and what not.  The town is more interested in rebuiding a barn and making our elementry schools look like college campuses to worry about something small like dressing up the center of town though. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rrr8rrr. Show rrr8rrr's posts

The rezoning of the area that was approved by at the Town Meeting several years ago was accomplished because rather than rezone individual properties they did an overlay district.  It was more about getting 41 condominiums and 37 apartment units built in town.  As we all know the Town Meeting is not worrying about as newintown01803 put it "landscaping, and some nice flowers and what not."

What they should do is coordinate with the Planning Board and have all the seperate strip malls through out the center put up consistent looking "classy" signage.  If you walk through Lexington or Arlington it does not look as disjointed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from III82582. Show III82582's posts

Building 19 is horrible.  It's totally run down and a sight for sore eyes.  I don't care what they do to that area as long as they build something new and it brings in tax revenue. 

I bet the people that complain about more condos and homes going up are the same ones that complain about their property taxes going up...

Burlington is a great town and it's in a perfect location.  The evidence is all around.  Dave and Busters, Chipolte, Burtons grill, 5 guys burgers, Kings lanes, Wildwood Park, brand new elementary and middle schools.. the list goes on.  When every other town is cutting back everywhere Burlington keeps building.  I've been watching these posts for months now and I've got to say;  Burlington residents have NOTHING to complain about.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BR2010. Show BR2010's posts

I agree 100%. Some of these people complain about everything.

Here we are try to cleanup an area that is rundown with vacant lots and old buildings, make the center look nice  and they complain.

Some of these town meeting members tell us that everyone they talk to hates what they see. These are the same town meeting members that voted against the town center overlay and rezoning of Dave and Busters. They are a minority. If people were against Dave and Busters you would see more residents at the planning board meeting other than the same 6 town meeting members.