Share your memories of Faces nightclub

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrancisJohnson. Show FrancisJohnson's posts

Re: Share your memories of Faces nightclub

I really wish I had spent a saturday night at this place during its relevant years......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from qo. Show qo's posts

That developer and new apartment dwellers better be prepared for constant flooding. Nothing but more trees and flora should be there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scarrozza69. Show scarrozza69's posts

Late 70's/early 80's....down at the Disco, That's where the happy people go!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from omniauincit. Show omniauincit's posts

That's the most depressing building in Cambridge!  I'll be glad to see it go.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tazman58. Show Tazman58's posts

During it's hayday, Faces was a great night out.  It was as good as going in-town without the parking issues and that was before Alewife Station was operational.  Originally going there as a customer, I actually met my first wife there and have two beautiful daughters to remind me of the good times.  I also bartended there for several years prior to it's closing.  I basically lived there Friday and Saturday nights for years.  With it's five bars and three dance floors... great times, great music, great drinks, and some of the hottest women from the Boston area.  It is a shame that it was left to rot and become an eyesore.  I wish it had been kept functional.  I can only imagine the business that could be generated now. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aquanet. Show aquanet's posts

I dont understand why the city hasn't already condemed it and  ordered it torn down, sold or not. Its got to be dangerous in the shape its in. I guess they were just waiting for it to catch on fire or or sold, which ever came first.

The place was a nightmare when it was opened, no one missed anything not having gone there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kapsas. Show Kapsas's posts

Thank God this building is finally coming down.  This building is like the cockroaches of buildings-- nothing seemed to be able to kill the slummy place.  This place was utterly immune to any of the gentrification of Cambridge and Arlington over many years.  I kind of thought maybe the owner had died and no remembered that the building was there. 

PS  Maybe someone can fix up Lanes and Games next. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from granger18. Show granger18's posts

maybe they will put a starbucks there (tongue in cheeck) ....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from granger18. Show granger18's posts

p.s. cheek that is......typing fingers not in shape at the moment :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boop215. Show Boop215's posts

To the Tazman..thanks for the compliment.  I was one of the women that went to faces...I loved that place!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from clint0104. Show clint0104's posts

I used to walk to Faces from my home in Somerville every weekend.  My friends and I always had a good time there.  Farewell Faces.......hey, can I get that Faces sign?  LOL 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kj68. Show kj68's posts

qo- great idea, all you have to do is buy the property and plant trees & flowers.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roger-Rogers. Show Roger-Rogers's posts

If there is one thing Cambridge needs, it's another apartment building.  GOd forbid someone take a risk and re-open the place, or put someplace for kids to hang out an shoot pool or something.  The apartments will either be highly overpriced or else they will be slums in two years

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from boogersnot. Show boogersnot's posts

Memories?  I live with the horror of the Faces building everyday on my ride to Alewife!  Faces is by far the ugliest, scariest building in Massachusetts!

Abandoned buildings is a growing problem in our nation.  State or local governments should tie building permit fees into a fund that would pay for the demolition of these buildings and the return to green space.

I will be there with BELLS ON for the demo party!!! I CANNOT WAIT!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dotwelder. Show Dotwelder's posts

My brother, "Bobby Mac" worked as a DJ at Faces in the early 80's.  He would bring me to work with him--I really loved Disco dancing!  I would dance the entire night.  He also kept an eye on me from his "pulpit", and would shoo away anyone not worthy of my attention.
    Those were the days...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jem5. Show jem5's posts

So sad that it sat closed for so long....it was a great club!  I remember the pictures on the wall when you came in...people that were there the week before dancing!  I still have mine!   Faces will be missed but good memories!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jem5. Show jem5's posts

The good ole days!

Sections
Shortcuts