Favorite pizza in Danvers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CraneRiver. Show CraneRiver's posts

Favorite pizza in Danvers?

This question is coming from a Danvers resident who will drive to Gloucester to get a good pizza.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Villa3. Show Villa3's posts

Re: Favorite pizza in Danvers?

I've lived in Danvers for a long time and there are no 'great' pizzas here, only so-so, despite a zillion places to buy them.

The best pizza around is at Courthouse Pub in Peabody.  It's almost as good as Pizzeria Regina in Boston.  You get a big delicious pie for short money.  Crust and sauce are outstanding.

Not a place to bring the wife and kids (shot & beer dumpy bar catering to alcoholics). 

Great place to eat with 'the guys' or bring a pizza home to the family.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from danversite108. Show danversite108's posts

I agree with Villa3. Danvers has many pizza places per se, but nothing worth writing home about. In my experience, Prince Pizza on Rte 1 South (in Saugus?) is probably the best place in neighborhood for pizza. Also it will take less time to Prince Pizza than driving to Gloucester (which IMHO does not offer any better choice either!). Buon Appetito!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Villa3. Show Villa3's posts

There's also Pizzeria Regina on Rt.1 North in Saugus (or Peabody? ) but very inconvenient to get to from Danvers.  You need to take Route 1 South, do a turn-around, then get back in Rt. 1 North.  For my sanity and safety, I try to avoid the area whenever possible. 

I've tried Prince - -  not in the same league at Courthouse or Regina.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Toof. Show Toof's posts

There are 2 fabulous pizza offerings in Danvers. The first is at Brutole on Rt. 1 north at the Rt. 114 junction and the other is at Ponte Vechhio on Rt. 1 north across from Grille 466 heading toward Topsfield. I grew up in Boston and have been spoiled with the best pizza at Santarpio's in East Boston and Pizzeria Regina in the North End. Brutole and Ponte Vecchio's pizzas are right up there. Another great pizza is served at Teresa's on Rt. 114 in Middleton across from Richardson's Ice Cream. Delicious and easy access from Rt. 62 and Rt. 114.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Toof,
    Are you aware that Santarpio's is opening (if it hasn't already)on Rt. 1 north, where Bennigan's used to be?
    We have eaten several times at Brutole. It is actually a little further up on Rt.1 than the intersection of Rt.1 and 114. Never knew they served pizza.

In Response to Re: Favorite pizza in Danvers?:
    [QUOTE]There are 2 fabulous pizza offerings in Danvers. The first is at Brutole on Rt. 1 north at the Rt. 114 junction and the other is at Ponte Vechhio on Rt. 1 north across from Grille 466 heading toward Topsfield. I grew up in Boston and have been spoiled with the best pizza at Santarpio's in East Boston and Pizzeria Regina in the North End. Brutole and Ponte Vecchio's pizzas are right up there. Another great pizza is served at Teresa's on Rt. 114 in Middleton across from Richardson's Ice Cream. Delicious and easy access from Rt. 62 and Rt. 114.
    Posted by Toof[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Toof. Show Toof's posts

Yes, Pingo. I am aware of Santarpio's coming to Peabody...Actually, I've been reporting it here...I write for boston.com!

You must try the pizza at Brutole...you won't be disappointed...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FicMan. Show FicMan's posts

I'm really surprised by this thread about pizza in Danvers. I grew up outside of the Boston area and have been pretty underwhelmed by the quality of pizza. However there are some hidden gems in Danvers. 466 has delicious, Italian style pizza; the best on the North Shore possibly. Definitely the best in Danvers. There is also a Pizzeria Regina in Liberty Tree Mall and that is excellent too. I'd give an honorable mention to Panini's, especially their Roma pie. Outside of Danvers, the River View in Ipswich is excellent, as (was) Bostonville Grille. Prince and Santarpios, in my opinion, are ordinary.

My question is where are the good subs and cheesesteaks?

Sections
Shortcuts