Neighbors won't leash pitbull

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4026357. Show user_4026357's posts

Neighbors won't leash pitbull

Looking for suggestions.  My neighbors won't keep their pitbull leashed.  I've talked to them repeatedly, then worked with them by texting and calling when the dog was out, finally resorted to calling Dedham Animal control numerous times.  Animal control was very responsive but my neighbor threatened me the last time I called and now I'm not only nervous about the pitbull in my yard, I'm nervous of retaliation by the neighbor.  I've gotten fence estimates but they are quite expensive and I can't afford it right now.  I have no clue how to resolve this issue and am not comfortable with a pitbull on the lose.  Any thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mguzman2011. Show mguzman2011's posts

Re: Neighbors won't leash pitbull

You should not let them intimidate you. Sometimes people use words to threaten, but remember Pitbull are dangerous dogs and that you might be saving the life of a child and yours. I would Police report it and say they verbally threathen you.  That is against the law as well as loose dogs in the neighborhood.  Good Luck!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Re: Neighbors won't leash pitbull

GET THE FENCE!   Put it on a credit card if you have to,  don't mess with these people,  you have already reported it to Animal Control , it is their responsibility to follow up and take whatever necessary action.   Take care of yourself and your family.  I have a 6 foot stockade fence,  have never regretted it.  Get estimates,  fence companies will negotiate,  if they want  $5000.  tell them $2500.,  I bet they'll come back with $3500.    chain link 5 foot high black is very nice,  cheaper and lasts longer.  "Good fences make good neighbors".  Robert Frost    

4. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts