Do you prefer Dunkin' Donuts or Starbucks? Tell us why.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AndrewTran. Show AndrewTran's posts

Do you prefer Dunkin' Donuts or Starbucks? Tell us why.

It's green versus orange. Where do you stand?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Do you prefer Dunkin' Donuts or Starbucks? Tell us why.

I went through a phase where I enjoyed Starbucks..but the last few times I've had it..it's been very bitter so they are off my list.

I would pick Dunkins over Starbucks..but I would pick the coffee from Heavenly Donuts over either of them in a heartbeat. You can't beat the local places.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from emarsh10. Show emarsh10's posts

Dunkins is too inconsistent.  When it's good it's okay but too often it's weak dishwater.  For this reason I would go Starbucks.

McDonald's beats them both hands down,  and best of all it's only $1 for any size!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aquarius9. Show aquarius9's posts

I want my Dunkin any day; Starbucks has always tasted burned.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tridoug. Show tridoug's posts

DD has become so corporate and generic and McD's-like I do my best to avoid it.  As a matter of fact I think the quality of a person's life is inversely proportional to the number of visits a person makes to DD.  Plus the coffee is lousy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from neptoon10. Show neptoon10's posts

Take away the sugar, fat and flavoring in Starbucks and you are left with a truly awful cup of coffee. DD is passable. Whole Foods coffee is better. Pete's is very good, but powerful. I prefer a local independent bakery.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReasonedReply. Show ReasonedReply's posts

Starbucks coffee is more consistent, more robust than DD. 
    I used to drink DD; nearby. Switched to Starbucks for the superior coffee experience. Better ambiance when sitting in. Better music, better clientele. Better ecology / environmental awareness.

Better business.

Dunkin' Donuts is for those who don't mind a thinner, more watered-down blend.

Shamefully, Dunkin' Donuts' insists on using non-biodegradable, styrofoam cups [Styrene] with associated health risks.

Nice touch

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from downhomer. Show downhomer's posts

Dunkin's, definitely. It's a local company, it doesn't put on airs, and the food and beverages are good and consistent, in my experience. I like the staff, and the other people who frequent the one I go to, on High Street in West Medford.

AND . . . they now have WIFI!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from downhomer. Show downhomer's posts

In response to aquarius9's comment:

I want my Dunkin any day; Starbucks has always tasted burned.

It tastes burnt because they over-roast the beans to cover up their inferior quality.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from krisng. Show krisng's posts

Hands down Starbucks. DD is HOT water with oodles of cream and a dollop of caffeine. Taste is very inconsistent across stores and across time of the day. But there are two locations -  that i am aware of - where the taste is consistent. Any day, any time - it is bad.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Definitely DD.  I love the unsweetend iced tea! 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Glennie1. Show Glennie1's posts

Dunkin Donut coffee tastes awful. Not even close...Starbucks has better beans, brewing, and flavor. DD coffee is cheap & watered down. I think their growth (a DD on every corner) has made their quality go down the toilet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lacus. Show lacus's posts

In response to BDCAndrew's comment:

It's green versus orange. Where do you stand?

Don't like either one. Starbucks is too strong (except for the "blonde" and I refuse to say 'I'll have a tall blonde.") and Dunkin Donuts is like coffee flavored water. I prefer the Green Mountain at convenience stores to either one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Back in the day it was Dunkins but now they're just another watered down chain. I remeber waiting for when the hot fresh donuts came out every few hours. Now I'll buy some donuts at the grocery store and they're better and cheaper. Starbucks never did it for me thier coffee always tastes like left over and reheated spanish style esspresso that is always the cheapest coffee in the store.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DC. Show DC's posts

Starbucks bold (except for the verona) i my choice.  DD is colored water and tastes like dishwater.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jcon. Show Jcon's posts

In response to krisng's comment:

Hands down Starbucks. DD is HOT water with oodles of cream and a dollop of caffeine. Taste is very inconsistent across stores and across time of the day. But there are two locations -  that i am aware of - where the taste is consistent. Any day, any time - it is bad.

Actually DD has the highest caffeine concentrations

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nortic74. Show nortic74's posts

bucks is my choice just better all around more friendly employees very rearly does a order get messed up

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

I prefer DD,  but mostly for nostalgic reasons, I remember when their stores had a counter and stools and blue collar types and regular folk hung out and socialized.

Starbucks is cool, but those mochachino things are addictive and loaded with hidden calories.

Nice caffeine and sugar boost for on the way to work though.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan718. Show soxfan718's posts

Starbucks every day.  Dunkin' tastes like dirty water to me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from leepman. Show leepman's posts

Starbucks for iced coffee and cappichino, DDs for hot coffee. Service is generaly faster at DDs. Starbucks better place to hang out to drink your beverage.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lily28. Show Lily28's posts

Dunkin Donuts all the way. I drink my coffee hot and black. Starbucks for me has a bitter after taste

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joandmp3. Show joandmp3's posts

If you like Starbucks you have to try PEET's Coffee!  It is the freshest on the market.  I enjoy making my own at home but they have some local coffee shops also.   Read their story http://www.peets.com/ 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from halcuri. Show halcuri's posts

I didn't start drinking coffee until after the birth of my second (and LAST) child.  Dunkin', hands down.  Whenever I've gotten Starbucks (which is very rare), I am always shocked at the price for coffee that is second rate, as far as I'm concerned.  Now, we just get the Dunkin' K-Cups for our Keurig and it's awesome.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from j44thor. Show j44thor's posts

DD is the budweiser of coffee, cheap low quality watered down.  Starbucks is the Samuel Adams, once innovative but now more mainstream and nothing particularly unique.

Find a local roaster where the beans still have their oils in tact and haven't been dried out beyond recognition and you will find a quality cup of coffee.

Karma coffee in Sudbury is an excellent choice for real coffee.

Sections
Shortcuts