Do you prefer Dunkin' Donuts or Starbucks? Tell us why.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReasonedReply. Show ReasonedReply's posts

Re: Do you prefer Dunkin' Donuts or Starbucks? Tell us why.

In response to leepman's comment:

Starbucks for iced coffee and cappichino, DDs for hot coffee. Service is generaly faster at DDs. Starbucks better place to hang out to drink your beverage.

major points for the rolling pin avatar!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evolver. Show Evolver's posts

Neither.  Starbucks is usually burnst, and is extremely overpriced.  Dunkin's used to be good, but is now weak most of the time.  Dunkin's has become overpriced as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

I can't even consider DD. I wish they would bring back their dark roast - they had it about 15 years ago - I would then consider stopping. 

Starbucks is the easy winner, though Peet's beats them both.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chubby. Show Chubby's posts

They both have dreadful coffee.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostnfn. Show Bostnfn's posts

I grew up with Dunkin ( not so much the coffee) but starbucks blows Dunks away in terms of taste, quality, and consistency.

The donuts at DD have consistently gotten worse over the years. What should be their bread & butter is now almost an afterthought. I mean they were GREAT at making donuts 20 years ago.... stick with what you're great at. One of the first rules of successful business. Today the donuts are much smaller, the glaze so thin it's sometimes non existent, etc.

And their coffee is just flat bland. If you don't load it with sugar and cream, it's nasty.

Starbucks is bitter, and does require you have a taste for it - but it's more full bodied. It's like drinking an IPA (bucks) vs Budweiser (Dunks). No real contest if you care about anything other than price.

IF you want great coffee and amazing pastries, try Quebrada baking company! There is one in Belmont Center, one in Wellesley on Rt 16, and one in Arlington on MASS Ave. Great locally owned establishments.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dtapb1. Show dtapb1's posts

I prefer Starbucks --- because it's a far more socially responsible way to imbibe one of my greatest vices.   Starbucks pays living wages to its farmers who raise the crop and it pays living wages to its employees who serve the product.

Dunkin Donuts is Bain-owned.   So that right there tells you how despicable the DD product has become.

DD pays slave wages to its farmers-producers, it pays slave wages to its employees who serve the product, refusing to pay for any health care, sometimes refusing to allow even tips.   It's sort of the Bain-experience with China --- esporting American jobs and factories overseas, paying Third World employees slave wages, denying them decent work settings.

It's kind of sad when I'm in my old Southie neighborhood and I see working stiffs driving trucks queued up at the DD.   I wonder how they can choose to buy a product and fund the very people who are doing everything they can to shift their jobs to Third World nations, deny those very working stiffs reasonable and responsible health care, and a decent wage.

Why would they contribute to their own economic self-destruction?  

I know that if Bain could figure out a way to have DD coffee products made in China at pennies on the dollar and to import those prodcuts into the U.S., and to somehow sell those products without having to hire a single American worker or to contruct a single American DD edifice, Bain would do so in a heartbeat.

Bain, its employees and that old Fraudster Mitt Romney would sell out the Uinted States of America in a heartbeat if it mean't an extra buck in their pockets.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from asc2. Show asc2's posts

Starbucks is inconsistent - somtimes great, often acceptable, sometimes awful. Dunkins is consistently AWFUL - coffee tastes like dirty athletic socks steeped in lukewarm water -- their iced is even worse! hate the food at both places.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RosalieTCeltics. Show RosalieTCeltics's posts

pete's is the best!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishPat1591. Show IrishPat1591's posts

Definitely like Starbucks better than DD, however Marylous is better than both.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenengineer1. Show greenengineer1's posts

Starbucks. Better talent behind the counter, better coffee, no styrofoam. Also, I like being able to add my own cream, instead of being at the mercy of the non-english speaker behind the counter who adds random amounts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petedawgs. Show Petedawgs's posts

Forget about Starbucks or Dunkin Dounuts.  Buy yourself a Nespresso machine and have the best possible cup of coffee imaginable.  And save yourself tons of money.  My son just made me an espresso.  A cup of heaven.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Banesius. Show Banesius's posts

In response to aquarius9's comment:

I want my Dunkin any day; Starbucks has always tasted burned.

Try the Blonde Roast.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainman02468. Show rainman02468's posts

You know a good coffee when it tastes good black.  DD is pretty much undrinkable black, and Starbucks is so-so.

Get a good grinder, buy good whole beans, and brew it yourself.  Brew it into a carafe so it doesn't burn.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from QuigLewis. Show QuigLewis's posts

I used to love Dunkin's.  I worked at one (Northampton) in college and was there overnights when John the donut maker would come in.  "Time to make the donuts".  He'd make 'em, and I'd "finish" them (fill the jellies and creme filleds, frost, powdered or granulated sugar, etc.).  I had a bunch of "regulars" that would come in for the evening and sit and socialize.  I never got tired of the coffee.  Now?  The coffee is horrible...they've obviously switched beans.  The donuts are trucked in (very few locations actually make their own donuts).  It has become a farce of itself.

I now drink Starbucks...I love the Pike Place roast; I also get the K-cups of that variety for my Keurig.  It is more expensive but the flavor is much better and consistent.  I'm not one for the "froo froo" flavored drinks...if I want ice coffee, I'm fine getting the cheap stuff from McD's or Cumbies.  Cool

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL5000. Show AL5000's posts

In response to downhomer's comment:

Dunkin's, definitely. It's a local company,

Yup, local, as in owned by a French company. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattCarroll. Show MattCarroll's posts

In response to gandalf433's comment:

I can't even consider DD. I wish they would bring back their dark roast - they had it about 15 years ago - I would then consider stopping. 

Starbucks is the easy winner, though Peet's beats them both.

I was a fan of the dark roast too. Best coffee there was. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmilanese. Show bmilanese's posts

In response to ReasonedReply's comment:

One of the biggest reasons I don't go to DD is the styrofoam cup - that and the coffee is lousy....

Starbucks coffee is more consistent, more robust than DD. 
    I used to drink DD; nearby. Switched to Starbucks for the superior coffee experience. Better ambiance when sitting in. Better music, better clientele. Better ecology / environmental awareness.

Better business.

Dunkin' Donuts is for those who don't mind a thinner, more watered-down blend.

Shamefully, Dunkin' Donuts' insists on using non-biodegradable, styrofoam cups [Styrene] with associated health risks.

Nice touch

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from furpurrson. Show furpurrson's posts

Anyone else noticed that the biggest business on Longwood Avenue that isn't a hospital is a Starbucks? Medical people can't live without their coffee...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Carc1515. Show Carc1515's posts

Starbucks because I'm allergic to milk and Dunkin Donuts does not carry soy milk.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazingjane. Show amazingjane's posts

Starbuck's, for the cups

I'm a tea drinker and I'm not impressed by the tea at either place.  I mostly brew my own at home and use Harney's.

But if I'm out without my mug, I prefer Starbucks for the paper cups.

I just can't stand drinking out of styrofoam.

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts