How is snow removal in your town?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: How is snow removal in your town?

lol..too funny!

In Response to Re: How is snow removal in your town?:
    [QUOTE]Snow removal is like a Planet Fitness commercial.  I pick it up, I put it down.  I pick it up, I put it down.......
    Posted by Sure-Not[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

It's hard to say..in my neighborhood the snow removal is good..but I also live on a state road..so it get's plowed and treated much better than the side streets. Overall..I would give a B+

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfj1013. Show mfj1013's posts

Scituate -The residential roads are in poor shape
    The worst i have seen in my 42 years as a resident !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattiematt316. Show Mattiematt316's posts

Watertown isn't doing so hot lately. It takes a while to get the job done; they do it, but again, it takes a while. Also I swear I saw the plow guy laugh at me this morning as he plowed past my driveway knowing that it was going to undo the hour work I just got done completing. He didn't seem like he cared about making the road look nice and neat, just cared about screwing people as he cruised by leaving the rest of the road looking horrible and a huge pile of snow between your car and the free world.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulie42652. Show Paulie42652's posts

Granted this is a challenging task but the City of Cambridge has not done a heck of a job.  Loads of parking spaces unavailable; plenty of corners where you cannot see traffic coming.

Apparently these days snow removal is a rumor -- even Harvard Square where you think the merchants would demand it -- they are not getting it.  I for one, at least once was unable to patronize Square shops because no snow has been removed and parking spaces are missing.

My area central square, very rough.  The stretch of Sidney Street between Mass Ave and Franklin has a Taxi stand on one side the length of the block and normal parking on the other.  Well the other evening the Taxis have their right wheels maybe in the bike lane -- that is the closet they can get to the curb. NO area of parking was cleared for them and as a result with parking on the other side it was (the other night) like bumper cars.  Simply put you were going to scrape a cab or side swipe a car in the other lane.  ABYSMAL job in that area of town.  I have a feeling this is not the only part of Cambridge that is beyond bad.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from amoschet. Show amoschet's posts

My street, Oakland St. in Inman hasn't been plowed in the last two storms. We have a raised crosswalk at the end of our street which is all slush making it slippery for both pedestrians and cars. Several cars have gotten stuck. I've written the Cambridge DPW several times, spoken to police on the street, you name it. Nothing is being done. F- if that's possible. Oh, not to mention the bus shelters are the city's responsibility and those haven't been shoveled out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmr3471. Show gmr3471's posts

The main streets like Mass Ave, Cambridge St,  and Broadway in Cambridge were plowed well but the side streets and neighborhood snow removal has been terrible or non-existent in all areas of the city. 

There are enormous hills of icy snow all over the place protruding into and onto the streets. There are 15 feet high small mountains of snow and ice chunks on every corner that reduces visibility for drivers and blocks sidewalk access for pedestrians. And parking on the street has been difficult as many parking spots have been left filled with snow leaving many less parking spaces available everywhere. 

What is Cambridge waiting for? They publicly promised neighborhood snow removal "after the next storm," and that storm passed days ago and still no action has been taken and no statement has been made regarding this need.  

8. This post has been removed.