4 way stop causing headaches (and fights)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurie19. Show laurie19's posts

4 way stop causing headaches (and fights)

Has anyone been through the 4 way stop on Converse ave and Bellrock st? It's turning into a nightmare.  My son was coming home from work on a Saturday afternoon, he's at the 4 way stop and waited his turn to go but someone tried to jump his turn and was upset my son didn't let him.  Now this guy's playing chicken and riding my sons bumper all the way up Converse. At the corner of Converse and Main the guy got  outof his car, runs up to my sons car opens his door and throws him against his car. Now the guy starts swinging at my son and before you know it there's a fist fight between a 35 year old guy and my (18).  All because this moron couldnt wait his turn to go at the 4 way stop.  Ther's got to be a better way top control that area of traffic, I see people jumping their turn all the time.  Do we really need the 4 way stop?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldenlady. Show Maldenlady's posts

Re: 4 way stop causing headaches (and fights)

Whoa, that's dangerious!  Did you report this to the police?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shoes-MeLikey. Show Shoes-MeLikey's posts

I don't think the 4-Way Stop has anything to do with this situation.  It sounds more like road rage.  The sign was needed, so it was put up.  There are plenty of stop signs around Malden. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurie19. Show laurie19's posts

Sorry to say being young he didn't think of getting the plate #.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldenlady. Show Maldenlady's posts

Dang!  Is your son OK?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrew25. Show andrew25's posts

That 4-way stop is about the stupidest traffic intersection ever devised! They shut down Bellrock and did a "traffic study" for over a year and that's what the city comes up with.!? And people wonder why this city is going nowhere!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurie19. Show laurie19's posts

Yes he held his own and lets say the raged driver will never bother him again, but I shouldn't have to worry about his safety in Malden!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Holy @%$&, Laurie. I'm so sorry to hear about this. I will say that I've driven in 3rd world countries and driving in Malden rivals the WORST of those experiences though. I'm not, sadly, surprised.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

A25: Wasn't that your ward 1 councilor who was the proponent of that traffic study and subsequent stop sign?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonofmalden. Show anonofmalden's posts

Oh yes. Worst places to drive=Malden, China, India...Give me a break.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

anonofmalden: Your ability to detect sarcasm on these forums astounds me. It truly does. JFC.

But in truth, driving in Malden is most certainly worse than driving in any of the other surrounding communities - both for the free-for-all mentality that seems to possess people once they cross the line and for the miserable state of affairs the roads are in.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

I feel Chelsea is the worst. And Boston is bad during lunch hours and taxis do not make it fun. I feel like I am playing frogger in boston, and I am the frog. :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Pats2012Champs: Chelsea doesn't bother me too much. But LOL at the Frogger analogy. :D I feel that way walking and crossing streets in Malden moreso than Boston!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Just no logs to jump on huh? lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Just potholes to duck into! :D

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

New Bedford has some bad driving also. OH BOY. No one knows what a crosswalk is. Some people will cross 6 feet away from a crosswalk. Crackheads stopping you asking to wash your windows (Like NewYork).