Are you better off now than you were 8 years ago...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Are you better off now than you were 8 years ago...

The question is: Are you better off now than you were 8 years ago? If not, you want change and Deb Fallon will give that to you, not her opponent. She will take our city back and make it a safe, clean vibrant city once again! Join us to the future of change!

DEB FALLON FOR MAYOR!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

Re: Are you better off now than you were 8 years ago...

I think Malden is getting better and better! I have seen officials learn from mistakes and keep moving forward. I have seen policies being enacted that were brought to the table by hard working councillors to try and end wrong doing.  I have also seen the disheartened group of old time Maldonians get angrier and angrier while the New Age Maldonians push forward to make this City great!  
    Not great like it "used to be" but GREAT with where we are now.  Gary Christenson is one of those people who never quit, never gave up fighting even when the deck is stacked against him.  As Mayor, he will lead by example! People will follow his high standards and you will see a wonderful transformation!
    VOTE CHRISTENSON ON NOVEMBER 8th~

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

Actually, the real question is- whether or not you feel you are better off now than 8 years ago, is WHO has the experience, drive, dedication and education to bring Malden forward?  The voters are smart- they don't buy what you are trying to sell.  Gary works the hardest on the city council to get things done and his track record proves it.  Gary works for CHANGE! Gary GET'S THINGS DONE!  
    GARY CHRISTENSON is the ONLY choice for Mayor!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurie19. Show laurie19's posts

Mortgage wise yes, quality of life in Malden No.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

Deb Fallon will give you a turkey in every pot and a Fire Station on every corner.  She will also bankrupt the city along the way.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

LastMaldenite: Maybe you hadn't heard we have $5mil in free cash. When's the last time you heard such good news? Do you think it may have something to do with the changes Malden needs? On Gary's watch $512,000 walked out of the Malden Treasury. Isn't he a budget director who knows all things accounting-wise for a city/state/county? How do we know how efficient the Sherrif's Dept. budget is when over 75% of it goes to salaries and benefits? Not a bad gig for $120,000+ a year and benefits. I don't think she is the one bankrupting anyone. How much money has been lining the pockets of the friends and family while the rest of us foot the bill? The status quo has got to go. The amigos have run this city off the track and it is time to get it back.  DEB FALLON FOR MAYOR!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

AnnieOMalden-----Malden needs Change is Gary the right choice or is Deborah Fallon the Choice both candidates have flaws and both have solid ideas but most of the ideas still has to be approve by the
    City Council. No one knows what will happen in Washington on November 23rd if the Deficit Committee does not come up with a plan.How will it affect the state and than this city no one has any
    answers from our elected officials as of today.
    Will there be Grants to Cities available, will the Jobs Bill Infrastructure be passed and does either candidate have people in Place to submit Applications for the Grants and Federal Funding that will be available when they take Office In Janauary.  That is what we should be worrying about! Annie we should look at what is going on
    in Washington and figure out how it might affect this city in the coming years. Annie but when your a Butt Kisser you can not see past the Butt Your Kissing.
    Finally I asked both candidates will they make a public statement on
    any type of disaster plan if the city gets hit like other cities and towns have over this past weekend. Neither have answered I wonder
    WHY?  When will each home receive the Winter Parking Regulations
    sent to their homes and again both have avoided to answer the questions. I ask Why maybe you should ask see what she says.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from newuser09. Show newuser09's posts

In Response to Are you better off now than you were 8 years ago...:
    The question is: Are you better off now than you were 8 years ago? If not, you want change and Deb Fallon will give that to you, not her opponent. She will take our city back and make it a safe, clean vibrant city once again! Join us to the future of change! DEB FALLON FOR MAYOR!!!
    Posted by AnnieOMalden

Everyone wants a safe, clean, vibrant city the question is HOW is she going to accomplish that?????  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Newuser09    First thing first Annie only sprews what she is told to sprew without any facts. Like I said before Gary has Flaws but I would trust him before Ms Fallon. Again she will not answer the questions I put toward her she find a way to avoid doing any research. Again I am worried about the Federal Cuts That seemed to be Coming down the Road and how it will affect this City & State.
    The other question was is this city prepared for what other cities and town received from the Northeaster this past weekend both candidates have not answer that question. I wonder Why

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

newuser09: Maybe he has peaked at the Sherrif's Dept. and is just looking to go one rung up on a ladder towards higher office? Sometimes you have to take a step down to start on a new ladder with more opportunity. 

Gary had no responsibility for Madoff but he was responsible to the citizens for the safeguarding of our money we entrust to the admin and the council. Let's face it, they used Vacca as the scapegoat and moved on. Where did the money come from to cover the theft as people were going to come looking for that money or was that an excess they don't tell us about? This council has allowed the city to run on an abacus--our Mayor prides himself on never having a computer on his desk and he is responsible for a $160mil budget! Really? The guy is just learning how to use email-but that is Winchester's problem now. Our council allowed one member to use the fire station in Maplewood as his leverage for playing field time! Are you kidding me?

It is easier to open a drug treatment center in this city than businesses that would attract good jobs. How much commercial property sits vacant and we are so close to Boston? Our Chamber of Commerce runs on a shoestring. No wonder we can't promote ourselves! No, the amigos have run this city into a wasteland and we need new direction. We are fortunate we are in better shape than many cities in this country. We just are not taking care of business here. Let them build apartments in Winchester. We need businesses with jobs here. DEB FALLON FOR MAYOR!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from newuser09. Show newuser09's posts

In Response to Re: Are you better off now than you were 8 years ago...:
    LastMaldenite: Maybe you hadn't heard we have $5mil in free cash. When's the last time you heard such good news? Do you think it may have something to do with the changes Malden needs? On Gary's watch $512,000 walked out of the Malden Treasury. Isn't he a budget director who knows all things accounting-wise for a city/state/county? How do we know how efficient the Sherrif's Dept. budget is when over 75% of it goes to salaries and benefits? Not a bad gig for $120,000+ a year and benefits. I don't think she is the one bankrupting anyone. How much money has been lining the pockets of the friends and family while the rest of us foot the bill? The status quo has got to go. The amigos have run this city off the track and it is time to get it back.  DEB FALLON FOR MAYOR!!!
    Posted by AnnieOMalden

I think that is totally unfair!!! Someone stole money yes but why is that Gary's fault....Is he also responsible for Bernie Madoff? What I see is he is trying to put in checks and balances so that does not happen.
     As for the Sheriff's dept as Budget director Christenson does NOT set the salaries--- but as head of a Non-Profit Fallon DOES!  BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!  And if your figures are right he will be taking a big pay CUT with lots of headaches---Why would he do that?  I say because he is commited to the city, knows where it needs to go and has the education, experience, vision and solid plan to get us there!  (and not bankrupt us in the process!) 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

How do you blame Gary for the stolen money? If that is truly how you think then you don't understand or know the facts. I stay out of the mud slinging and getting on here and pushing for one candidate but this is getting crazy. Whoever wins on Tuesday is going to have to deal with what people are saying on here for long after the election. This is not going to fix Malden and hurts the community, time to grow up.

Sections
Shortcuts