ASHLAND STREET FIRE STATION

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxed2much. Show taxed2much's posts

ASHLAND STREET FIRE STATION

I live near the old ashland street fire station. That station along with a few others closed years ago and I just don't get all the concern NOW about reponse time in Maplewood.

It would take just as long if not longer for a firetruck to make it too my street as it would for one from N-REVERE to make it to Maplewood Square.

So the fire station moved back to N-REVERE... BFD...

IMO we should focus on how lucky we are to have that new station and get over the extra response time BS.

Take the millions of dollars people want to spend on a new station to pay some bills and make repairs/improvements to what we have!

Honestly some of these politicians need to get over themselves!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

Re: ASHLAND STREET FIRE STATION

He taxed I am with you.  Do you remember when Ashland closed the huge outcry from the Fire Dept at that time.  You would have thought the whole area was going to burn to the ground.  Well what's it been twenty years?    Watch out now though the hysteria has come.  The good thing is it will take probably a year to plan since they have done nothing on that and then people will know it isn't so bad and that they are still safe.  Watch how the MFD plays this.  Do you really believe the Chief of the Department didn't know the response times to the furtherst places.  Or that they are going to exagerate them to try to get that next station?  Bet on it.  I would do it if I was in there shoes. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

funny thing is they dont have to exaggerate.they are bad enough without it....the only thing the chief can do is ask for a fire station..if the higher ups deem it not necessary..so be it....but you get what you get with response times...in the end, the fire dept. will resond to the calls from the stations the city deems necessary,as fast as they can, as always, it will just take longer,fact....why would they feel the need to resort to lies and ploys to get a new fire station? buildings don't do the work, people do...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

Deb Fallon can probably get it opened again.  She's for the firemen,  she's for the teachers, she's for the police, she's for the DPW, she's for the library workers, she's for everyone. If she can't do it no one can.

Sections
Shortcuts