Bank of America printing facility closing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldenlady. Show Maldenlady's posts

Bank of America printing facility closing

Damn.  I guess that's roughly 150 jobs?  Isn't that the building right across the street from the T?

My thoughts go to the people who are about to lose their jobs...

Damn...

Amethyst/Maldenlady

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Re: Bank of America printing facility closing

I just read that too. What a blow to the city. :(

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

A round of gripes from myself too.  I hope they change their minds.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

Certainly a blow but great location across from T someone will take that spot.  Particularly if the Boston Gas area is also freed up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldenlady. Show Maldenlady's posts

Hey, hellgirl...

Gutchencher --

I dunnoo...once they've announced and said pretty much that they're doing this because of ebanking, and moving the printing to another state, well...I wouldn't hold out a lotta hope of them changing their minds.

Could you pass me a glass of that wine?  Looks good...a toast to the workers, and to Malden..

Amethyst/Maldenlady

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldenlady. Show Maldenlady's posts

Last Maldenite --

City hall in the Bank of America building, and do something else with/to the current city hall?  Something that would entree to the restaurants on Pleasant Street?  Kinda harkening back to hellgirl's great ideas of the past...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

To valuable a piece of property for City Hall to go to.  That property is rentable and sellable.  Taxes it can bring in there should say no to city hall unless the city is taking up just some space and renting out the rest at market rates which they rarely are able to do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

Maldenlady:  Have to find out your tastes first.  I have a heavy sweet tooth.  I lean heavily towards the Reislings, White Zinfandels and downright cheap wine coolers.  I know wine coolers are old school and passe, but what the hey, so am I.  No matter how much people pooh pooh them, wine coolers tend to disappear like that "snap", at large barbecues.

Moving city hall over to the BoA building seems worth considering, if details can be agreed to.  Sounds like a great idea with possibilities!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurie19. Show laurie19's posts

But yet Malden still wants to build more huge buildings and hirises... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldenlady. Show Maldenlady's posts

Yeah, gutclencher, wine coolers/sangria/beer go well at barbecues...that's a good match.   Reisling and Zin are nice; I
    actually like a Chardonnay, myself!  Every now and then, and
    nice Sherry or Port as dessert is a good way to go!

Anyway, sad as the loss of a business of that size (or any size,
    for that matter) is to Malden, we've got no choice but to see
    what lemonade we can make out of this...sigh...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Hey you all should read the entire article it is only  a piece of the business the rest is staying or about 500 people.  It might make sense for City Hall to rent the space it was cheap enough doubt it will be though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

MVCSParent-----Your asking this mayor who does not have IQ to tie his shoes and chew gum to think outside the Box. Than you have the
    City Council that can not make tough decisions on any Major Issue.
    (1) Residential parking Sticker Program   ---Councilor Kinnon /King Clown;
    (2) Now the Safer Grant when will the Council vote on this showing or telling the Mayor to accept it;
    So you trust these people to make decisions they are  just as bad if not worse than Malden Redevelopment Authority;

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxed2much. Show taxed2much's posts

Please stop calling people names....THANK YOU!!! Re: Bank of America printing facility closing

In Response to Re: Bank of America printing facility closing:
    MVCSParent-----Your asking this mayor who does not have IQ to tie his shoes and chew gum to think outside the Box. Than you have the City Council that can not make tough decisions on any Major Issue. (1) Residential parking Sticker Program   ---Councilor Kinnon /King Clown; (2) Now the Safer Grant when will the Council vote on this showing or telling the Mayor to accept it; So you trust these people to make decisions they are  just as bad if not worse than Malden Redevelopment Authority;
    Posted by Driver54

Sections
Shortcuts