Charter School

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Re: Charter School

Malden Pride---when you control the Media--like the writers for the

globe and Malden Observer ---it will disappear---just like not one

article on the New Jobs Bill and how much Money Malden will

receive and what it is suppose to be used for;

Teachers----Police-----Firefighters ------watch how that money

disappears ---and not article will be written about it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from YouDidMeWrong. Show YouDidMeWrong's posts

It's probably old news now...I hope the Globe doesn't give up on it..
    This is a very important story and it shows the conflicts of interest in this city...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

The charter school story can be found as the last tweet on the Twitter section or click on Medford and you'll find it. Email Marcia Dick or Matt who are assigned to the Malden site.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Why tweet them two---they only write what the Malden Officials
      want them to write---they hide the truth and only write what it
      seems the Mayor wants the people to hear.
      The Story fell off the front burner just like the Firefighters layoffs and the New Jobs Bills.  When will they print anything on the
     Monies the cities will receive from it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustinApinyen. Show JustinApinyen's posts

Hopefully everyone took the time to read the response to the Globe from MVRCS, and not just see the one sided misleading article that was published by the Globe.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from myrtleturtle. Show myrtleturtle's posts

JustinApinyen

What was the "other" side of the story?  I went back and read through the comments.  I didn't see another side of this particular story.  The Charter School has refused to disclose their payroll.  They are a public school, taking public money, therefore they must disclose their payroll.  The City of Malden payroll is public and published yearly.  Why not them????

The Charter school does not want the public to see how much we are paying crooks like our former Councillor at Large.  They don't want their teachers to see the disparity in payroll figures.  Employees are "forbidden" to talk about their pay.

Why don't you ask the Board of Directors how they tried to give their employees the shaft by not paying them a month's salary when they changed their fiscal year....then sent out a letter saying it was an "accounting error" or when they cut ties with Advantage Schools and had no benefits for their employees but continued to take money for those benefits out of their paychecks....Or better yet....How many standardized test scores of the limited number of SPED students they have....were lost.....Hmmm....

You must open your eyes JustinApinyen....Call it what you want...and I'm sure that some of these stories in the paper are indeed slanted....It appears white collar crime may be rearing it's ugly head......time will tell....but arrogance DOES catch up to people....so for the Charter School...it looks like "GAME OVER"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustinApinyen. Show JustinApinyen's posts

Myrtle you have apparently been spending too much time inside your shell, because I have read through the annual report for last year that they post to the public and everything looks to be accounted for. 
    Where do you work that it is considered acceptable to discuss your income? I am forbidden to talk about my salary with my coworkers too.

I have never debated the fact that the teachers are paid very low, but teachers everywhere do not get the pay that is deserved. I still don't understand how sports figures can make the disgusting salaries that they do, but that is not the issue at hand. 

You and all of the other nay sayers are so blinded by your thoughts that the charter school steals from the other public schools that you can't see the quality education that is provided to the students that attend there.

I would be first in line to say that Richard Howard has been a huge downfall for Malden, he is completely untrustworthy. But what I can't understand is why the charter school and trashbags are the only things that get attacked.

MVRCS has been saving for years to provide a home for the students sports, as well as reserving field time at another park. Why should these students not be allowed to have the same things the other public schools have. On any week night during the school year you would never be able to step foot onto McDonald stadium because its reserved for MHS or Pop-warner, the other fields are reserved for Malden Youth Soccer, or Football or any other extra-curricular activity. Why is it wrong for the admin at the charter to want the same for their students.

I've said this before, if a teacher takes a job at a school and agrees to a low salary, that is on them. I would like to know that a teacher that one of my children has will be there when my next child is there, but this is not the same kind of times that I grew up in, it is not always going to happen that way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from myrtleturtle. Show myrtleturtle's posts

Justin...THIS IS NOT A PRIVATE CORPORATION...IT IS A "PUBLIC SCHOOL"...Therefore salaries must be disclosed....

How about if you address the issues mentioned in my post?

I never said anything about the charter school stealing from district schools.

I never mentioned the park space?????????????  So where did that topic come from.  Will the general public have access to their new sports facility?  Does any other community offer their park space? 

I am very confident that they are doing  a good job educating the student body they have. However, it does not reflect a student body of an urban district which includes educating needy SPED students and new English Language Learners....  AND THAT IS WHY IT IS WRONG THAT THEY HAVE ALL THIS MONEY FOR A SPORTS FACILITY....Charter Schools were created for choice and to reach the students who were not making it in the district schools...the focus was suppose to be EDUCATION not multimillion dollar sports facilities.

The Board and The Mayor are interlocked....so you can't say you don't like Howard but support the Board of Directors.....they are one in the same.

As far as the annual report....Justin... financial statements can look anyway you want them to....that's why auditors are hired to look behind the figures.  As someone who worked in finance I know all about financial reporting. 

Think about the current state of our country's financial system....all those companies who weren't doing things in an ethical, transparent manner had financial statements they released every year...or better yet, Bernie Madoff.  His clients believed those statements too....Financial Reports aren't really worth the paper they are printed on unless they can be backed up.

So...let's see transparency and back up all those figures. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustinApinyen. Show JustinApinyen's posts

All of the information that was requested, was provided. The Globe just chose to spin it so the charter looks deceptive.

I guess you will just be another constant like Annie O, that no matter what is done from that school, it will never be enough.

And by the way, if you are so concerned about Special Education programs, STOP calling them SPED Students. It's really insulting.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

Justin where can I see the salaries? It's a publiclly funded school that has saved money? When every year every city department is being cut and having surplus funds taken how is the Charter saving? If this story is all blown out of proportion show us how. Can you dispute the friends and relatives who have jobs here? What people's children attend the school? How former and current councilors are making decisions for the charter and the city? Big conflict of interest. Where can we see the list and salaries of employees? My tax dollars are going to pay some of these people over $100,000.00 per year and you are cutting the people we call for help. If you think a big stink isn't going to be made you are all crazy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from myrtleturtle. Show myrtleturtle's posts

Not true...I am for whatever education system works best for your child...

Oh by the way...SPED is the acronym for Special Education students.  It's not insulting at all unless you are using it in an insulting manner.  It is used all the time.  I'd be glad to provide you with plenty of examples of its' use in the education sector.

Have a good day! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from danc. Show danc's posts

Is there a link to the MVRCS?  Then we can make up our own mind about who is misleading who.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

Nothing of any substance. Just propaganda.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustinApinyen. Show JustinApinyen's posts

In Response to Re: Charter School:
    [QUOTE]Justin where can I see the salaries? It's a publiclly funded school that has saved money? When every year every city department is being cut and having surplus funds taken how is the Charter saving? If this story is all blown out of proportion show us how. Can you dispute the friends and relatives who have jobs here? What people's children attend the school? How former and current councilors are making decisions for the charter and the city? Big conflict of interest. Where can we see the list and salaries of employees? My tax dollars are going to pay some of these people over $100,000.00 per year and you are cutting the people we call for help. If you think a big stink isn't going to be made you are all crazy.
    Posted by WardWatch[/QUOTE]

Your tax dollars are spent on these children no matter where they go to school. If you do not like your tax dollars being allocated per child to whichever school they go to, find a city that does not allow children. Otherwise I don't know what to tell you. I would rather have the focus turned to the crackheads that stand in line at city hall waiting for their foodstamps, or the people in the projects that can't afford milk but can afford a shiny lexus. Those are the people who take away from the families that truly need the assistence. If the charter school is as corrupt as everyone thinks it is, it will collapse in on itself, which would be a shame since it really is a great place for a child to get an education.

The main office for MVRCS is right in Maplewood Sq. If you need the figures so badly, go down there.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

No answers again just backtalk. The numbers are nowhere to be found because something stinks. Those on here defending the wrongdoings better get ready for what the rest of us have to deal with. It's called life. When these dirty people are revealed to the public they and all their friend's will be out of work. Children being educated is great. Using taxpayer money to make jobs and create a little private school for all their kids because they WON'T send their kids to Malden schools isn't. By the way the only shiny Lexus' I see belong to the councilors. Answer the questions. Who works there and what are they paid. How much property does this SCHOOL own and what is it used for? I paid for it I want to know.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Hey WardWatch &Danc---you constantly complain but never do anything about the problems----Lets meet or are two cowards and

just like to show up and complain on here. Stand Up and show you have Back Bone ---Lets meet and discuss a plan or again your both

are Cowards---name the place and time --Chicken Shits.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustinApinyen. Show JustinApinyen's posts

[QUOTE]No answers again just backtalk. The numbers are nowhere to be found because something stinks. Those on here defending the wrongdoings better get ready for what the rest of us have to deal with. It's called life. When these dirty people are revealed to the public they and all their friend's will be out of work. Children being educated is great. Using taxpayer money to make jobs and create a little private school for all their kids because they WON'T send their kids to Malden schools isn't. By the way the only shiny Lexus' I see belong to the councilors. Answer the questions. Who works there and what are they paid. How much property does this SCHOOL own and what is it used for? I paid for it I want to know.

Then get off your rump and go down to the office and ask. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

You are the one who wants to appear to have all the answers. Telling us all how wrong we are. Get off of the city soap box and keep your mouth shut if you have no facts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

JustinApinyen&Ward Watch------Both are wrong---The people who

run this Charter school could stop all the chatter by releasing their

Payroll and who is on their Board of Trustees---simple follow the

rules of the State (Public Records Laws) and all the chatter will go

away. What are they Hiding----Councilor Kinnon has the answers why

not step out front of this thing.   What is he hiding!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustinApinyen. Show JustinApinyen's posts

[QUOTE]You are the one who wants to appear to have all the answers. Telling us all how wrong we are. Get off of the city soap box and keep your mouth shut if you have no facts.

You are asking for answers, but all you are doing is asking on this board. IF you really want an answer to the same question you have asked over and over in this thread, then head down to 770 Salem Street, and ask. I have not once claimed to have all the answers, I have just given you a response to how you can get them for yourself.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

JustinApinyen-----Again why won't they release these records to the

Public----What is the problem with abiding by the Public Records

laws--even when the Globe ask for the records they play hide and

seek---Why does't Councilor Kinnon show leadership and make the

records Public.    What are they HIding and Who are they protecting!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nashobanelly. Show nashobanelly's posts

If everyone is so worried about the payroll down at MVCS as a PUBLIC school, why are we not questioning those on Malden's payroll that topped 100k.  Just by looking at the list there sure are some common names to our lovely city who are going on the 3rd and 4th generation of cleaning this city dry.  Most look the other way though on that one....  I think some folks are just pissed that their kids didnt get in and the teachers down at MVCS actually care and want their kids to get the best education, no matter what it takes.  They dont put up with the crap that teachers in public schools either choose or have to deal with - why? because they actually CARE about how it reflects not only their class but the entire school.  If your happy with the half-ass approach of some teachers in public schools why even speak up?  Do something useful with your time and go help out the public schools that do need help... no matter how you slice it, our tax dollars are going to be spent how they choose to spend it... if you dont like it, get into politics... (no thanks).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustinApinyen. Show JustinApinyen's posts

Well said !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Nashobanelly&JustinApinyen------Well I have a list of all the city
     employees by department including Teachers and FIREFIGHTERS AND
     THE POLICE department---all I had to do was bring a copy of the
     Public records laws to the City Clerks office and within 10 days had
     these records sent to me. Why is it impossible for the Charter School
     and their Board of Trustees abide by these rules--My reason is that
      Councilor Kinnon is hiding something that he does not want the
      Public to see or read. He is a City Councilor who suppose to protect
      the citizens from being lied too. What are they Hiding?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

Well said?