City Budget Mistakes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

City Budget Mistakes

To All Citizens----This Mayor wants to cut up to 15 Police and Firemen in each department puting this city at Risk and very unsafe
     to live In.  This Mayor and City Council should start cutting in City
     Hall First ---Maybe the Secretary of Committees, one less Office help in his office, maybe looking in to Federal Funding to help out. But to cut one Police Officier puts people lives at risk, cutting one firemen put their lives at risk and the people they are trying to help at risk.
     On Tuesday lets show up at City hall and make a statement that
     no more police or Fire Cuts ---Show up at ^pm for the Budget and
     protest it is your lives at stake;

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Re: City Budget Mistakes

the Meeting is at 6PM in the City Council Chambers Please be there:

Tuesday night     lets show this mayor we care

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from YouDidMeWrong. Show YouDidMeWrong's posts

The Mayor has made these threats every time he presents the Council with the new Budget, he always seems to succeed into scaring people with lay-off's of first responders. I am almost certain that what is going to happen is this, he will ask for an increase in the Trash Bag Fee to avoid these lay-off's, people are scared and they will agree to it. It doesn't matter if you show up at any of the meetings, your voice has no impact on this Mayor or City Council. They are a self serving body and that's the way it will be until they are all voted out of office. I hope when it's time for Elections that people do their homework and vote for responsible politicians that have the interest of the citizens in mind.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeaParty1776. Show TeaParty1776's posts

Its all a game. He will not cut Police or Firemen. The city needs a certain amount to each citizen in the city. Mayor Howard has done these kind of scare tactics in the past.

Never knew Malden had 15 officers THAT DO WORK. Mayor Howard needs to maybe get rid of some City Hall workers. And stop spending so much money on the schools and start to take the free money from the state.

Dont fear the theats. Its all tactics.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

You are probably right but we need to show this Council we care
       by showing up and making a noise will put them on notice;
       I am sick of letting thing go this time it time to fight this Council;

If we show up in anger they might think different; 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from danc. Show danc's posts

At a crime watch meeting the police chief mentioned he has 11 vacancies at the moment.  So presumably those would be eliminated and then the threat is laying off four actual people.  (Its beyond me why they were vacant in the first place as we could use the extra police.)

I agree with TeaParty though, its all tactics.  For one, they want pressure on the unions to renegotiate the health care plan, which I think is a good idea.  Could save a lot if they were rolled into the state negotiated plan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Danc ---did you read the Malden Observer today--the mayor never mention eliminating the 11 unfilled vacancies in the Police department.
    Or never mention how many vacancies are on the Fire Department.
     Either he is a liar or has his facts wrong, My question is why is this
     city running 11 police officers short.
     I think it is time for the City Council to bring the Mayor to Task and
     tell the Citizens the truth. Like I said start by reducing staffs in city
     hall and lay off all the relatives and friends who work in City Hall.
      we need to show up Tuesday night and ask the Hard questions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from danc. Show danc's posts

In Response to Re: City Budget Mistakes:
      Danc ---did you read the Malden Observer today--the mayor never mention eliminating the 11 unfilled vacancies in the Police department...
    Posted by farenella

The Observer said that the mayors proposed cuts include "$750,000 (15 positions and vacancies) from the police department, $750,000 (15 positions) from the fire department..."

So he did include eliminating the police vacancies, but did not reference any FD vacancies (presumably there are none?).

In any case, it doesn't matter much.  Its all just threats to get the union healthcare benefits reformed.  While I don't agree with the threat methods, I do think the unions do need to accept a more budget friendly healthcare benefit.

So don't expect any real layoffs in the end.  It's all politics and posturing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Danc---your probably right it is just a threat---but again he never mention one job in City Hall it is always the teachers and Fire and
    Police departments---areas where cuts should never happen;

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from YouDidMeWrong. Show YouDidMeWrong's posts

At a crime watch meeting the police chief mentioned he has 11 vacancies at the moment. 

Danc, What Crime Watch Meeting was there that the Police Chief attended?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThreeStooges88. Show ThreeStooges88's posts

Dan C, I am going to ask you again to you care to discuss your position with the city and or the close friend in whom you have ties with?
    Yes more than likely this is a scare tatic cause the Mayor loves to use them and he loves to try and freak the citizens out. However Dan C we are one step above him as many of the residents ahve keept a close watch on the budget and are well aware of the funding we have, that is available to us and the fact that Mr. Howard always states there is no money when we have money.
    Dan C also can you please tell me where you seem to get all of your information from?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Three Stooges88--Dan C is either a Politial Hack or a relative of one of the Councilors.  Like I said before this City Council and the Mayor's
     Office last out in receiving millions of dollars (Shovel Ready Projects)
     and both chambers the City council and Mayor still has not requested any of the Money--I ask dan to find out Why?
      Other Cities are repairing their streets and sidewalks with the Shovel
      Ready money they requested and received.
      This City is so Corrupt it stinks--not one Lay off mention in City
       Hall they just create new jobs for their Relatives and friends;
      Again Dan ask your connection why this city never ask for Stimuls money --this money is also helps fund Police and Fire departments;

Dan you can contact me  Frankarenella@gmail.com

that is if your man enough to speak the truth:  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeaParty1776. Show TeaParty1776's posts

We can not go into a meeting and make noise. If anything show up and take notes. At times being silent and just observe is better then being loud.

If the Mayor cuts 15 Policemen then Malden will have one of the smallest forces in the area for the size of the city. That is why this is all a scare tactic. He will not cut anything. He will raise taxes, Blue Bag Prices and come up with something else crazy like "Pay as you Flush" (Control how much you go to the bathroom and safe the ocean from waste).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Tea party--do what i did call the clerks office (mrs anderson) and ask for a copy of all City Employees& Salaries than match up names
     and you see how driends and relatives have Hack Jobs. That where
     the First cuts should start not one Policeman or Fireman or a teacher or guidance councilor--start with the secretaries and campaign 
     contributors. The other question is why didn't this City do a search
     (state/nationwide) for a Police Commissioner another friend or
     relative---just like the Positions being created for friends,
     Again call the city Clerk Office (mrs anderson ) and ask for the list
      of city employees;   This is Covered by the State Public Record
        Law-----I did my homework on this?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeaParty1776. Show TeaParty1776's posts

It has been known for Decades that this city is run by a few big names. And everyone is linked to each other. Look at the entire DPW, City Hall, MPD, MFD you will see names and people who are close to the names. I will not say the names because in my opinion talking about them and the dark dealings...this is not the place. One has to investigate it themselves.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from danc. Show danc's posts

YouDidMeWrong, Chief Holland attended the crime watch meeting at Linden School on Wed. May 19th and made the comment about the 11 vacancies then, among other things like that the PD had received a grant that would pay for an additional officer to be stationed in the 'Salemwood Corridor' 6 nights a week over the entire summer, which is the city's biggest crime area.

ThreeStooges, I get my information by attending meetings, reading newspapers, engaging the councillors respectfully (usually by email) and listening more than talking.

I am just a resident and property tax payer who gets involved in ways I see can be impactful and positive.  I moved here 5 years ago.  I helped collect signatures for the MTFA petition against the PAYT program.  I report abandoned shopping carts, illegal trash dumping, street light outages and potholes to the city which get taken care of promptly.  I report sidewalk issues which never seem to get taken care of.  I volunteered by passing out water during the MWRA break and cleaning up Waitt's Mount.  I call it like I see it and am happy to offer advice based on what I have experienced.  I'm sorry if those experiences don't always support your own motivations.  I just have one person's perspective, my own.  I have no relatives or personal friends that have ties to the city, nor am I a journalist or have any political aspirations.  And no Frank Arenella, I am not going to email you personal information to prove my manhood!  I like this city and feel its a decent place to live with room for improvement and I try to do my part to help improve it.  I'm not spending another word defending my credibility, so if that's not good enough, TOO BAD!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Dan c---when you contact your ward councilor ask him why they
     never ask for Shovel Ready Stimulus Monies---again the streets need
     repair and sidewalks need replacement which this money could of
     started by now. It seems that the Dpw takes care of your area but
     Not ward 7 (Neil Anderson) maybe you can help us out.
     1st the sidewalk in front of 3 businesses on Ferry St from Belmont St
     to driveway after the Gateway Bar--it is unsafe we have called and
     left messages for the DPW and Neil Anderson --still nothing is being
     Done. Also ask your City Councilor about when will The Double Poles
     be removed--still no schedule.
     Finally call the Clerks office and ask for the names and salaries of all
     employees who work for this city--it is covered under Public Records
     Laws of massachusetts.