City Hall meeting re Super fitness site tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411765. Show user_4411765's posts

City Hall meeting re Super fitness site tonight

FYI, There will be a meeting on the RIOB (including the Super Fitness site) October 12,  2011, 7pm in the City Council chambers. There will be a presentation of the traffic study.

This is where they want to build towers. How much do you want to bet that the traffic study will say that the development will not worsen traffic, that the left lane can go left only here, the right lane can go right only there, people can get the walk light when others have the green light to turn right or left, bah, blah, and malden center will be 'REVITALIZED!'. That is what will happen. More apartment towers will revitalize this town, the people will use the 'T', there will be no traffic or safety impacts. The Malden city councill will approve this re-vitalization for 'progress'.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Re: City Hall meeting re Super fitness site tonight

We do not need more apartment buildings! They stress our police, fire and school systems. We can't handle what we have now! That is the wrong direction for Malden to take now. Let's take care of what we have now and maybe, just maybe we could entertain more apartment buildings.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

AnnieOMalden---- what happen at last nights meeting----I was at the meeting held on Boston Occupy for their plans in the Future.
    I was concerned did any councilor bring up the repairing of the Fire
    Trucks or what The Dennis Leary Firefighters Foundation e-mails and
    what they offered to The City.
    Again I feel someone is hiding the truth because of the conflict with
    Firefighters Union Contract & Mayor.
    Please Respond----Just today I dropped off 6 cases of water to the 
    Boston Occupy. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411765. Show user_4411765's posts

Everyone knows that more towers will bring this city down further. The only ones who do not know this are the developers, city council and the mayor. Why is that I wonder?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

In Response to Re: City Hall meeting re Super fitness site tonight:
    AnnieOMalden---- what happen at last nights meeting----I was at the meeting held on Boston Occupy for their plans in the Future. I was concerned did any councilor bring up the repairing of the Fire Trucks or what The Dennis Leary Firefighters Foundation e-mails and what they offered to The City. Again I feel someone is hiding the truth because of the conflict with Firefighters Union Contract & Mayor. Please Respond----Just today I dropped off 6 cases of water to the  Boston Occupy.   
    Posted by Driver54

Drive, I wish you hadden't done that. Those ignorant losers are pissing and deficating all over the place. You just contributed to their distructive behavoir. I still don't understand what they are protesting about. They will end up costing us tax payers 5 mil.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411765. Show user_4411765's posts

In Response to Re: City Hall meeting re Super fitness site tonight : Drive, I wish you hadden't done that. Those ignorant losers are ....I still don't understand what they are protesting about. They will end up costing us tax payers 5 mil.
    Posted by fscib52

Speaking of millions fscib52, 

From masspirg.org:  (but don't go there now, their home page requires email sign up about the bottle bill. I said requires, there is no close button, no way out. Wow). 

Agribusinesses have carved out a convenient system for themselves:

• The richest 4% of agribusinesses — which includes giants Cargill and Monsanto — receive almost three-quarters of the subsidies.  

• 92% of Massachusetts farmers receive no subsidy payments at all. [2]   

• In the last presidential election year alone, these big agribusinesses spent more than $200 million on lobbying and campaign contributions. 

• Cargill, one such giant agribusiness, is receiving government assistance even though it's the largest privately-owned corporation in America and recently reported quarterly profits of $1.49 billion.

Moneyed interests own all of politics in this country and it is long past time that this changes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tornado1956. Show Tornado1956's posts

Malden, can't support the housing it has because things are to expensive. The rentals are a dump that allready exisit in the City of Malden. The average person in Malden, prob makes no more than 40,000 and they are expected to pay upwards of 1200 to 1400 for a run down rental. PAYT also puts a hit in the paycheck and much more. Why not fix up, clean and work with the million and one forclosed homes and apartments we have not to make then look better and more attractive? Spend money where it is needed and that is to clean Malden, up. Spend the money so that a business will want to come to Malden.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Null---Read my other Post-----I want to clean up Malden but this Mayor and Council do not care they only fix their pet projects.
    Oh there is a ton of Unspent Federal funds available but as of November 18th, most will dry up.
    FSCIB52---Have you been down at the Occupy Boston Site, sorry to
    disappoint you it is clean and in a orderly place and are talking to the
    city leaders on what they are doing and when and where. Most are
    students and elderly people asking for answers and change what happen Monday night was caused by outsiders built on trouble.
    PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO PROTEST,WHY NOT HERE, PAYT, FIXING
    PUBLIC CITY EQUIPMENT, FIXING OUR STREETS, SIDEWALKS, FIRE
    HYDRANTS BUT TO YOU PROTEST IS WRONG.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

they should put a super fitness at that spot

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantbreath. Show cantbreath's posts

Heard meeting was cancelled. Don't know why. I suspect that city hall hopes to have the meeting when no one will show up.

A gym would be great there but super fitness was god awful. Ex cons worked there, the place was leaky, moldy, so much heat and humidity the windows fogged up and the water ran down, water was running in the bathrooms and the owner would not turn on air conditioning or a fan (nor could he handle himself). AND he took money to let people park in the lot. That is when he lost his job.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantbreath. Show cantbreath's posts

interesting article about how towns handle development and how it hurts the towns:

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

No more apartment buildings in Malden.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

I agree with WardWatch and AnnieO.

Malden has WAY too much housing stock, a lot of multi-housing units owned by absentee landlords, and dilapidated properties not conducive to attracting good tenants.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Isnt true that have the apts they built do not have people in them? Why build more. Im against GC on that one. If you crowd a city they will start to go nuts. Look at the projects in New York. You pack people close to each other and they will attack.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

make a super DUPER fitness!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxwoman. Show soxwoman's posts

In Response to Re: City Hall meeting re Super fitness site tonight : Drive, I wish you hadden't done that. Those ignorant losers are pissing and deficating all over the place. You just contributed to their distructive behavoir. I still don't understand what they are protesting about. They will end up costing us tax payers 5 mil.
    Posted by fscib52

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxwoman. Show soxwoman's posts

Annie, thank you for your support of OccupyBoston. These kids have it right, just as my generation did in the 60's. Things have to change and conventional methods have not worked.

Sections
Shortcuts