Council Race - 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

Council Race - 2011

Message from Cynthia on the Economy:

"Times have been looking down for the economy, businesses and Malden residents. I have first-hand experience now in the uncertainties of the times, that we live in. The week before the Primaries, here in Malden, I was let go from my accounting position at a local business. It was sudden and unexpected. This was a job I held and loved for the past seven years. This economic downturn affects all of us in one way or another. For John and myself, uncertain Healthcare coverage and watching every dime have become high priority facts of life.

While I spend most of my days sending out resumes and going on job interviews, the upside is that I am now able to give my husband, John Robillard, more help in his bid to be elected the next Ward 6 City Councilor this coming November 8th.

As a family, as a Ward 6 resident and as a Maldonian, we will do everything possible to help revive the local economy so that we can all enjoy better standards of living. Thanks to everyone for all your support."

Cynthia Robillard

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Re: Council Race - 2011

Gutclencher---InFormation for you and John Robillard which can cause a stir---This Past week I was sent an E-Mail from the leary
    Firefighters Foundation because I asked them to help find parts for
    our Fire Trucks three weeks ago through an e-Mail. Than on Thursday I received an e-Mail back stating they sent the Mayor and
    City Councilors copies of a catalog and also offered other types of
    equipment they could receive at no cost, as of Thursday not one
    response from anyone including the Fire Department to the Leary
    Firefighters Foundation they asked me if the city does not want help
    this a Public Safety Issue and he should be asking Why no response.
    This a foundation that has helped many Fire Department accross this
    nation and Dennis leary is from Massachusetts . What is wrong with
    this picture we need change now. John Please reply

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Gutty you are back.  Thought you were running a campaign?  A lot harder than you thought isn't it.  You still the campaign manager?  My advice is to spend more time communicating with people via facebook and email not this crazy blog.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

MVCParent----Tell your friendly City Councilor that Occupy Malden is
    starting to form and will be heard accross the city, Maybe at the Next Council Meeting Maybe tomorrow but it is here and about to
    show its causes. Please tell all it is happening like in the 70's
    Protest are legal and this one is getting stronger;

ANNIEOMALDEN   Please tell Ms fallon the Occupy Malden is on the

rise; Either join it or just sit on the sidelines!

PATS2012ChUMP--- Please tell Gary Christenson Occupy Malden is

on the rise; Either join It or just sit on the sidelines!
    We want Change and we will vote out those who do not want change:

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongTallSally. Show LongTallSally's posts

Watch this video on YouTube and make sure you get out and vote on November 8, 2011.  Do your part to be an American!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2goI4-9dlS8

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongTallSally. Show LongTallSally's posts

WARD 6 - VOTE JOHN ROBILLARD FOR COUNCILLOR 

Sorry to hear there won't be a debate for the Ward 6 councillor!  That would have been interesting!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Maybe Ed Lucey or someone else who had a MATV show would have John and Neil on their show. I would be very interested in seeing what makes Neil or John more deserving of our vote.

This is exactly what is wrong with the politics in this city. There certainly is a sense of entitlement among the amigos on the council. Just because you were born and brought up here you think this city belongs only to you and your friends and family. Spit on the rest of us, right Lastmaldonian, etc?

Time for change and time fo the people to come first. All the people. DEB FALLON FOR MAYOR!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

AnnieOMalden & LongtallSally----First I was in the Hospital for 4 days ( Whidden Hospital ) it was a scary time because of what was

happening to me. I have collapsed 5 times in the last 4 weeks and on

Tuesday I started to get light headed at my doctors office who called for ambulance to take me there, from there it was many test and more questions. Now I am home on restriction till Wednesday
    cannot drive, only can go to stores if someone goes with me, next two weeks I have 5 Dr's Appts to figure out what is wrong and what
    I can do to cure it. Heart Doctor feels it is communication problem between my heart and Brain.(laymans terms)
    Second if I lived in John's Ward I would vote for John in a Blink of a
    eye. Maybe I show up Tuesday night and collapse to see if anyone
    will respond.Wink  your friendly driver

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

Annie spare everyone the comedy.  You have no interest in determining who deserves you vote you decided long ago.  There is nothing Councillor Kinnon could ever do including a miracle to gain your vote.  Lets just go down the list one more time:  Worked to prevent overdevelopment in Maplewood Highlands city purchased High Rock. {you claim to not want overdevelopment in the posts I've seen except of course this one}.  Worked to get South Broadway Park totally renovated and succeeded.  Hanover Street?  Columbia Street yep yours getting done over,  Elwell,  Beach?  How about the fact that he led the opposition on the blue bags with the city council?  Yes the fact is that is Ward Six probably has the biggest budget hawk on the council with perhaps nobody having a better understanding of it.  Seems like your type of person but wait ... here comes the anger.  Of course you will vote for his opponent even though all these things have happened in your ward for an opponent with almost no involvement and zero experience.  Should make anyone who follows you question your ability to pick any candidate. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

At least the other candidate has no conflict of interest with the city and the school he sits as chairman of. Believe me, Kinnon did not do my street over to please me. It was on the books since Jack Russell the city engineer laid out the plans as to what streets needed water main replacement.

Why didn't Kinnon work harder to get the ff's a new station yet instead kept them as his leverage with the city in a building which finally had to be condemned due to his lack of maintenance. Have you no shame? Our ff's deserve better. The humans that are our first responders deserve better than this. Disgusting and disgraceful.

What exactly is his beef with the ff's? This has been going on far too long. Is Kinnon a wannabe? Did a ff's kid laugh at him when he went to sissy swimming instead of playing foot ball? He couldn't hack it at the Naval Academy so now must make up for that by flexing his muscle with the Mayor's backup? Talk about immature behavior and holding the city hostage to these petty games. Behaviour unbecoming of an adult who is supposed to have the best interests of the students before his own vanity projects. Rejecting the original charter of the school was that academics comes first We were told if you were looking for sports, look elsewhere as the focus will be the students and academics. Sure sports are "nice  to once the academics and facilities are up and running. Not apartment buildings and houses the school does not need.

I pick my candidate on those who are trust worthy and not on the amigos band wagon. Have Kinnon step down from the school if he wants to be involved with the council. He said he would if he would take on the Mayor's race. What difference does it make now or then, he must go! He hasn't had a meeting for the ward in 2 years-right before the last election.

No one has a clue what his plans are for this city until he pushes it through. He was so clueless about the dog park he had to change the rules after he shoved the park onto the neighboring folks. He can't keep the street free of the huge potholes like in the center of Maplewood Square and get the lights on to allow a safe passage along our streets. Just you all wait--Neil wants that parking sticker with color coded wards and a time limit on it in the worst way. He will not rest until he gets this put over on us like his "everyone else is doing it" meals tax. If you vote for Mr. Tax and Spend and spend it on the projects He wants whether the rest of the city gets the benefit or not. Is John Robillard perfect? No but he appears more honest than most of the candidates I have met so far. If you like things the way they are, Vote for Kinnon. If you want and know we need change-John Robillard will give you that without all the strings attached.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongTallSally. Show LongTallSally's posts

That's awesome that Senator Brown came in and very interesting that he lived on Como Street!   Wish I had known about the charity breakfast as I would have gone to it. 

I have to agree with AnnieO.  Kinnon did the streets right before election time I assume and that's a big plus for that neighborhood and Annie's street got done because it was on the list.  Every street is on the list to get new pipes but they can only do so many. 

Would think we deserve a neighborhood meeting every now and then.  It would be nice or to get a newsletter.  Gives us more of a community feeling.  Wouldn't you think people would see the rationale of being on the council and also being on MVCS would be a conflict of interest?  Just like Maplewood Fire House being a tenant to MVCS and look at the obvious there.  I wish others would see that fine line.  VOTE for John Robillard for WARD 6 Councilor for change!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

Kinnon has many meetings you just must not attend.  He did one for the Hanover Street and surrounding area's down at MC in August my relatives attended,  had a public meeting on the South  Broadway Park issue in May or June lots of people attended including a couple of my senior friends from Logden Condo's.  Led the public meetings all over the city for the meals tax which the people who went supported in large numbers(ah but you like meetings when they fit your needs) including one at Linden School for Ward six and eight.  Oh and the meals tax paid for South Broadway,  High Rock Purchase, Hanover drainage and Bike to the Sea path all which his ward benefits from.  Had a meeting last October with wall to wall people at the Maplewood School last fall which my friends from the Highlands attended.  So you too are either uninformed or wish to misinform people with lies.  Oh yea and I heard he met with the leaders of the Maplewood Highlands neighborhood group on a number of occasions in planning to stop that.  Yea he might not listen to Long Tall and Annie but clearly listening to the bigger concerns of his Ward. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

LastMaldonite: You have proved my point perfectly: I am not "important" enough to Neil Kinnon to listen to me. I don't deserve his attention or a moment of his time. Sadly, there are many of us who get that feeling from him. Only if he deems you worthy will he spare a moment of his precious time for you. The ward as a whole is not important enough for him to spend a couple of hours to bring us together and share our concerns for the improvement of our city. It was two years ago he had a ward meeting not last year.

Of course I do not attend every meeting held in this city. I would submit to you that I attend many more meetings than you do, though. Perhaps you have not noticed but I am an ordinary citizen, not an elected official. How is it an elected official picks and chooses those citizens they decide are worthy of their attention? Isn't it his job to listen to each and every one of his constituents whether he likes them or not? Isn't it his job to work for ALL the people in his ward, not just those he considers "important" enough for him?

This guy has got to go. He does not deserve to represent this ward or anyone else in this city. We need to change out those amigos who forget the people they are supposed to serve. Shame on them and shame on us if we continue to re-elect the same old, same old. VOTE FOR CHANGE!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

To All;  Question the city just received 770,000 dollars and I feel the citizens should know how this money will be spent and
    who makes the decisions on how it is spent ?
    Is it done by the Mayor only?
    Does the Council have any say?
    I sent e- mails to the councilors and they are all quiet on this
    Money ----I wonder why?
    AnneOMalden maybe ask Deb Fallon what happens to it!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Driver: No, you can ask Deb yourself.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

AnnieOMalden-----She does not like answering tough questions just
    like the rest of the butt kissers in city hall. Maybe if one of her supporters ask it she give an answer;

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ward5. Show ward5's posts

AnnieO,   You are simply the best!! Neil is responding and reading every post!!   We can only hope the streets are not littered with used lottery tickets after Nov 8!!!  Every dog has his day, and when that day comes, at least Ward 6 will have a doggy park and mountain for him to do his duty in and on instead of the rest of us!.......

Driver you need to get a job or go volunteer somewhere, you are a nuisance with a keyboard.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Ward 5-------All I asked was  simple questions and it seems it has
    caused the politicians(Councilor & Mayor) to squirm or will not answer it. ( also their supporters)
    Again maybe you can ask the questions that I have asked;
    1---What is the city going to do with the 770 thousand dollars it
    has received from the state ?
    2---who has final decision on how the Money is spent the Mayor or City Council?
    3---who makes the final decisions on how it's spending?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongTallSally. Show LongTallSally's posts

I know exactly who you are LastMaldonite....your name sounds like crypto, a mountain stone so I think you're from the High Rock area, given the suggestions you mention.  I am at those meetings and I show up at other meetings you're not attending so don't go telling me that I am clueless either.  I know what's on the scoreboard and I'm saying we don't have enough meetings in our ward.  At least once a year it would be nice to have a meeting to raise concerns or bring issues to him or maybe just an email from him out to the people.  Let's face the basic facts......wouldn't it be nice to get out and meet some other ward people at a yearly meeting to keep us updated on things?  Why is it I read another ward's news and get updates on events and meetings, etc.  And yes, I am internet savvy (to find it online) and I like scratch cards too!  Guess he's #1 in your books.  No sign for him in your yard?  Thought you felt so strongly about him?   Make sure you get a scratch card too! 

VOTE JOHN ROBILLARD FOR CHANGE!!!  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongTallSally. Show LongTallSally's posts

Don't forget to watch the Councilor-At-Large Debate tonight (FRI) on MATV at 7 PM. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 200unPleasantSt. Show 200unPleasantSt's posts

In Response to Re: Council Race - 2011:
    [QUOTE]Fire Station Inquiry “I went to the Fire Station Building Committee meeting in the Mayor’s office, scheduled for October 27, 2011 (4:00 PM) . I got there at 3:55pm. The fire chief, Lucci, Howard and three others were present. One I think was Toomajian. Councilor Kinnon  called in and said he could not attend, because he was tied up at his regular day job. The group members present at the committee hearing briefly discussed the new roof for the main fire station and said it should be done by November 15. They’re using a local contractor from Malden. They next voted on discussing an interim station just before I was asked to leave. I was asked to leave because it was a closed executive session at 4:10, or so I was told.  I found this unusual, since I was informed that such meetings of public interest were open to residents.” - John Robillard
    Posted by Gutclencher[/QUOTE]

That's how things are done in Malden, for now.  Behind closed doors.  I wonder if they are still looking to use that metal clad building over by MC as a "interim" station?  If you you believe it will be used short term there is a bridge in Charlestown i'll sell you real cheap.  The only reason why they want to use this building is because it has a door large enough to fit a fire truck in.  Will traffic affect response times when the schools, especially MC, are beginning and completing their school day?   Are there proper living quarters and restroom facilities there for our men and women firefighters?  Is the building itself suitable and safe to be inhabitied on a 24/7 basis?  Can the building honestly be set up to fuction as a workable fire station?  The reality is that its probably real cheap to do and its just an easy building to stuff a fire truck in.  Then they'll have a dog and pony show to make it look like the current administration cares and respects the citizens and their firefighters. 

Does anyone know why work is being done to Fire Headquarters on Salem St?  Well its because the building is 100 years old, has been neglected for many many years, and it will look awful next to the newly refurbed high school.  They're only working on the building's exterior.  You can put lipstick on a pig but....   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

Guttclencher.  So how does this position differ with current Ward Six Councilor Kinnon?  Councilor Kinnon fought to have the threshold lowered.  He provided all kinds of numbers on why the threshold was where it was and how it needed to be lowered and significantly below what was settled on.  But he and Councilor Christenson did get it so its on the ballot at least to lower it some.  Councilor Fallon the other candidate running for Mayor voted against letting the people vote on this.  How about that. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

Guttclencher who pays the meals tax the eater or the restaurt owner?  How much is it on a $10 breakfast anyway.  You probably don't even know.  And your ward got what with that meals tax?  Bike to the Sea,  Hanover Street drainage issues for cleaned up,  four million rebuild of South Broadway Park,  and lets not forget the 2 million purchase of High Rock in Maplewood Highlands.   Seems like your councilor did a pretty good job representing his constituents.  "A Ward Councilor's first responsibility is to the Ward he or she represents but also the city itself."  How much more open could Kinnon have been with the meals tax and his intent with the money? Three public hearings after multiple council meetings on the issue.  You want transparency your Councilor is pretty up front on what matters to him and its your Ward the results bear that out.  You just have an axe to grind for some apparent reason and now your candidate is taking up the doggie park as the issue for the ward. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

LastMaldenite: You're right-Kinnon has been very clear he wants that parking sticker color coded with an 11pm curfew on it. He dropped out when it was going to be watered down. He won't rest until he gets that, right? Have you noticed the restaurants have gone up on their prices to compensate for the meals tax? More for them and more for the tax and spend amigos and more out of the citizens' pockets. Sadly there could not have been any other innovative ideas than ripping the money out of our wallets. Thanks again!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

Gutclencher,  I don't speak for anyone just an Observer. You however seem to speak for your candidate.  I don't live in Ward Six but having been actively involved for a long time know your Councilor supported Councilor Christenson in getting all these questions on the to the ballot.  Only Councilor Fallon voted against letting the people vote on these.  If you doubt it go check out the minutes of the meetings at City Hall.  Your Councilor has a clear record and voted on this not just talked about it.