Councillor At Large Debate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from greysquirrel. Show greysquirrel's posts

Councillor At Large Debate

Did anyone watch the At Large Debate on MATV tonite? If so, who do you think did good on the debate? Only 5 candidates showed up, Spadafora, Lucey, Simonelli, Rivera-Rogers, and D'Arcangelo. I wonder where McCarthy was?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ward5. Show ward5's posts

Re: Councillor At Large Debate

Gary won hands down, he was the best, nobody could touch him, he was clearly on top of his game tonight, he is so smart, the others couldnt stand to be on stage with him, he had all the answers, wasnt he the winner? He is always well prepared and his speech at the end, oh I just loved the fist pump!!!!! He won the crowd over when he mentioned how hard he worked to get a doggy park for his ward, and the purchase of the Mountain, golly i cant wait for Nov 8!!! Who was the guy with the smirk on his face outfront pAssing out scratch tickets? Go Sachems!!! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Chris was great.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

I found Simonelli and D'Arcangelo came across as the most informed and aggressive with ideas for the city. Gladys is a hard worker and passionate about our city. Those three had ideas and were a chance for change. Too bad McCarthy was unavailable as I would've liked to hear what he had to say.

Lucey forgot the PAYT program was billed as a recycling measure. At least they finally admit the truth. Funny thing, the city started in 2000 with the businesses to force them to PAYT. He makes it seem like it was a last minute, last ditch effort. After they admitted it was to save jobs, the jobs were still cut at the police and fire depts. The "guesstimates" they were banking on bringing in were way off. So much for responsible planning. Tax and spend! Oopsy! We spent it before we got it! 

Spadafora cracked me up when he talked about the meals tax and his family's business picking up the tab for it. Thanks, Spady! Yeah, right! If you don't think the prices haven't gone up at restaurants, you haven't gone out lately. More of our pockets being picked and the city gave the restaurants a good reason. Those two amigos don't look like they have a problem affording any of the taxes and fees the rest of us have to put up with. I doubt either of them or their families have had to choose between bread, milk and lunch meat or a $20 box of trash bags.

We need change and we need it now.