Councilor at Large

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Re: Councilor at Large

^^^ ROFL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Hellgirl---Pats2012 has a surprised coming or has read about what I am doing so keep laughing because I am not backing down on this;

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnoughAlreadyPlease. Show EnoughAlreadyPlease's posts

Back to the original post, I am curious who people are going to vote for.  I am torn on who is the lesser of evils with some of these people.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Greg L and David D are great for the city. Gladys hugs people to much. Simmonelli talks to much. Pepoli is a good one even though I pick on him alot. Spadafora is great. Buckly has a nice sign, that is about it.

call them. They will talk to you. Ask them "WHY SHOULD I VOTE FOR YOU?"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GetActive. Show GetActive's posts

I would never vote for Gladys, she has nothing to bring to the table. She has SC experience but even at that she wasn't really good.

I have mixed emotions one Chris S. When he was on the council he did good stuff but I am concerned about him losing it.

Def giving one of my votes to Greg L.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

Wasn't Lucey one of the backers of the trash tax?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Fallon people trying to rewrite history and pretend things about Trash Fee.  Christenson, Spadafora, Kinnon and Nestor voted every time to can the fee.  Fallon claimed she was against it but never voted against it and never ever brought it up to vote it down. Lets not pretend she couldn't have.  Christenson,  Spadafora, Kinnon and Nestor voted over and over to stop it and then voted to get rid of it.  You can disagree about any thing you like about these Councilors but only a liar would claim anything different. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

Deb and Barbara Murphy didn't have a chance to vote on it. Gary called for a vote knowing he didn't have support for before they had a chance to get sworn in. Why was that? It was tabled for six months just in time for it to come up during budget talks. By then there were bigger fish to fry. And the Mayor could veto it anyway. I'd rather wait until he's gone and we could get a real program everyone can feel is a fair deal. None of those councilors put a sign up on their lawns or did anything outside of the two votes they had. None of those four sat down with the MTFA and spoke to them as a group. Bob Miller has had conversations but he is not the entire group. Not one of them has brought up the issue again, either. None of them tried to lobby those who are the proponents to try to get them to change their vote based on any compromise. So does this make me a liar? Whatever.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GetActive. Show GetActive's posts

Christenson brought that to a vote after the people of Malden voted to get rid of the blue bags. He didn't do it knowing he didn't have the votes. He got screwed on that by the other councillors who voted to keep the bags after the people spoke. Shame on them for voting against the Malden voters who put them into office.
    Blaming Christenson on that is like shooting the messenger. To him, voting out the blue bags was a no brainer at that point.
    If you don't like Christenson or dont agree with him politics thats one thing, but to say he did that malicously is simply wrong. Shame on the rest of the council who let that bogus vote go down!!

Furthermore, Christenson  has made every attempt to never let something like that happen again with the charter change on how many votes it takes for Malden vote an issue down. A charter change by the way that Fallon has voted against. She wants to make it harder for Malden voters to get rid of things like blue trash bags.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

CAL votes: David D and Pepoli. Don't know enough or like what I know of the other options for 3rd.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

In Response to Re: Councilor at Large:
    [QUOTE]Wasn't Lucey one of the backers of the trash tax?
    Posted by maldenblueskies[/QUOTE]

Well then he should be kicked off the council for having an opinion!
    For goodness sakes, move on.  Yes, it was a bad decision in Malden for this to go through without the citizen's involvement.  However, it ultimately ended up doing some good.
    1. Recycling is up and what we pay per ton at the dump is down.
    2. It brought to this issue to the forefront- public meetings have never been so prevalent.

GREG LUCEY is a great Councillor at Large and cares for this city.  He also has School committee experience which is needed on the council.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]Deb and Barbara Murphy didn't have a chance to vote on it. Gary called for a vote knowing he didn't have support for before they had a chance to get sworn in. Why was that? It was tabled for six months just in time for it to come up during budget talks. By then there were bigger fish to fry. And the Mayor could veto it anyway. I'd rather wait until he's gone and we could get a real program everyone can feel is a fair deal. None of those councilors put a sign up on their lawns or did anything outside of the two votes they had. None of those four sat down with the MTFA and spoke to them as a group. Bob Miller has had conversations but he is not the entire group. Not one of them has brought up the issue again, either. None of them tried to lobby those who are the proponents to try to get them to change their vote based on any compromise. So does this make me a liar? Whatever.  
    Posted by maldenblueskies[/QUOTE]

Please state ONE thing Fallon has done to rectify the PAYT program. 
    List ONE paper or ONE committee she has put together regarding the PAYT program.  For that matter, list ANY paper she has passed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]Christenson brought that to a vote after the people of Malden voted to get rid of the blue bags. He didn't do it knowing he didn't have the votes. He got screwed on that by the other councillors who voted to keep the bags after the people spoke. Shame on them for voting against the Malden voters who put them into office. Blaming Christenson on that is like shooting the messenger. To him, voting out the blue bags was a no brainer at that point. If you don't like Christenson or dont agree with him politics thats one thing, but to say he did that malicously is simply wrong. Shame on the rest of the council who let that bogus vote go down!! Furthermore, Christenson  has made every attempt to never let something like that happen again with the charter change on how many votes it takes for Malden vote an issue down. A charter change by the way that Fallon has voted against. She wants to make it harder for Malden voters to get rid of things like blue trash bags.
    Posted by GetActive[/QUOTE]

Thank you for reminding about the Charter Change on initiative petitions.  Gary was one of the leads on proposing lowering the percentage needed to pass by voters.  Gary sees problems and addresses them head on enacting change.  
    The image the Fallon team is trying so desperately to paint of him is WRONG.

I ask any of you to list anything of substance Deb Fallon has done to try and enact the "change" they all speak of.  Not talk- action.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

Figure its time for me to jump back in.  Since I really followed the darn blue bag thing for two years and can't stand the things.  Back from the summer and ready to roll.   Six months later there were "Bigger Fish to Fry"  give me a break.  If she was goiing to do something in January she could have just as well done something in May five months later.  She was relieved when Gary's attempt went down once again with Nestor, Kinnon and Spadafora voting with him to get rid of them.  And Kinnon dropped every house in his Ward urging people to vote and giving them the lowdown on the whole thing.  I saw it on the refrigerator of my friends house and heard it from other friends.  Check your facts with 1775Dem.    And Kinnon did all the groundwork proving the number of voters neeeded couldn't be reached.  Gary took that and tried to get the number to overturn things lowered and got it moved a little.  Fallon voted against the people and didn't want to change the threshold to majority rule or even lower.  For the life of me I do not know how anyone in MTFA could suppor her after that vote as she showed her true colors.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1775andStillaDemocrat. Show 1775andStillaDemocrat's posts

Last: The MTFA does not back or support any candidate that is running for an elected office. Who the members support as individuals is there decision, and at this time, we have what it seems a deadlock with who the members individually support. This is America and in a democracy we can make our own minds up on who we can support to represent us in elected office.

Personally, I am still flipping that coin a hundred times a day to decide who I will cast my votes for next Tuesday. This is while I sit on that fence that many people are upset over me being on---that is my right also!

What I think we should be more upset over is how the city complains about the low voter turnout (which they want) each election. When they should be advertising city elections with signs and other notices that alerts the people when to vote. That is why the sign ordinance is bogus, as it keeps the incumbents in office.

Change needs to occur in our city and we need to send a message to throw out the people hanging on for pensions. Until we realize that term-limits are good for fair and just government. We will receive the same old recycled political hacks that we keep on sending back to represent us. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]Figure its time for me to jump back in.  Since I really followed the darn blue bag thing for two years and can't stand the things.  Back from the summer and ready to roll.   Six months later there were "Bigger Fish to Fry"  give me a break.  If she was goiing to do something in January she could have just as well done something in May five months later.  She was relieved when Gary's attempt went down once again with Nestor, Kinnon and Spadafora voting with him to get rid of them.  And Kinnon dropped every house in his Ward urging people to vote and giving them the lowdown on the whole thing.  I saw it on the refrigerator of my friends house and heard it from other friends.  Check your facts with 1775Dem.    And Kinnon did all the groundwork proving the number of voters neeeded couldn't be reached.  Gary took that and tried to get the number to overturn things lowered and got it moved a little.  Fallon voted against the people and didn't want to change the threshold to majority rule or even lower.  For the life of me I do not know how anyone in MTFA could suppor her after that vote as she showed her true colors.  
    Posted by LastMaldenite[/QUOTE]

Why is this such a hard concept for people to grasp.  Fallon is against the charter change, but complains about the iniative position not passing?  Gary is busy trying to actually change things, not just claim he is "for change"- thank you for this post!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]Last: The MTFA does not back or support any candidate that is running for an elected office. Who the members support as individuals is there decision, and at this time, we have what it seems a deadlock with who the members individually support. This is America and in a democracy we can make our own minds up on who we can support to represent us in elected office. Personally, I am still flipping that coin a hundred times a day to decide who I will cast my votes for next Tuesday. This is while I sit on that fence that many people are upset over me being on---that is my right also! What I think we should be more upset over is how the city complains about the low voter turnout (which they want) each election. When they should be advertising city elections with signs and other notices that alerts the people when to vote. That is why the sign ordinance is bogus, as it keeps the incumbents in office. Change needs to occur in our city and we need to send a message to throw out the people hanging on for pensions. Until we realize that term-limits are good for fair and just government. We will receive the same old recycled political hacks that we keep on sending back to represent us.   
    Posted by 1775andStillaDemocrat[/QUOTE]

LastMaldonite makes some great points.  I think you have some good ideas here as well.  However, I have received 3 letters from candidates, the last from Greg Lucey letting people know about the primary. It has been advertised in the papers and on websites, but I think your idea of having signs out reminding people is a great one.  Not sure what the sign ordinance has to do with it, but whatever. 
    Why don't you run for office?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KaysieMae. Show KaysieMae's posts

Exactly 1775!  We need change or we will get ourselves into a rut again.  People should be conscious of who they're supporting and what they want in a candidate.  I was running across town and came across a yard with 5 signs in it.  Is that legal?  Would I turn that house in?  Absolutely not!  Advertising that election time is near is a good thing!  And happy that they've made all their decisions! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1775andStillaDemocrat. Show 1775andStillaDemocrat's posts

KaysieMae, don't make the City's Council's compliance officer's lives any easier by enforcing ordinances that keep the status quo in office.

100 flips today......It still comes out to Walter Kelliher, so we can let me right the wrong that he built at 200 Pleasant Street.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Walter Kelliher? lol