CVS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaldenPride. Show MaldenPride's posts

CVS

Does Malden really need 2 behemoth CVS' on Broadway?
     That lot at the corner of Eastern and Broadway would have been a good spot for the East Side Fire Station.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fiveof5. Show fiveof5's posts

Re: CVS

Chamber of Commerce is really doing a great job to protect the interest of the other Drugstore chains in Malden by allowing this to happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikexcore. Show mikexcore's posts

I can't beleive it. I drove by the other day and the building was gone. 

Why can't a nice public building be created, I'm all for more business, but what about some green space or at least mixed use buildings.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikexcore. Show mikexcore's posts

P.S, traffic at the corner is about to get 20x worse, not only do you have the dinks racing through that intersection for their lives, but also those constantly pulling in and out of the Hess

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fiveof5. Show fiveof5's posts

The Council does not care that the area is already a traffic nightmare, especially the councillors that live on the other side of the city. They hold traffic department meetings and it is nothing more than a waste of time for the citizens that attend. When they decide they want something they do it regardless.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikexcore. Show mikexcore's posts

Malden should re-evaluate it's traffic department. Apparently a huge tax increase with parking fees and stickers is more important than the safety of it's citizens in an already deadly intersection.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Ya but who else bid for the space? If only CVS bids for it then guess who gets it?

The CVS at newland is shutting down. So I think they needed one in the middle. And the CVS up the street will be for people near granada. But i think they will close. Always looks empty.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

Tough spot from a traffic standpoint for sure but some kind of business was going to go there that is what happens on commercial corners.  Great location to get noticed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

Ditto

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Grah. Just what my 'hood needs - a fresh place for the addicts to go when they get kicked out of Wal-Green's for trying to panhandle pills from customers leaving.

Helpful Hint: When that happens to you, offer them your feminine hygiene products instead. Sure to get an angry rise every time.

But in all seriousness, I was really disappointed to see that. Both are easy walking distance from one another, so the assertion that one should be "in the middle" is a bit farfetched.

Of course, as another poster pointed out, if only CVS bids on the space then...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

Private enterprise.  City has no business deciding which one is better than another so as you say if CVS was willing to pay the most for that spot then they should get to go their.  Better than an empty building.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Its a better location than the one in the South Broadway Plaza.  It certainly will do more business.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

That it will

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Its not easy walking distance for an 50 or 70 year old person that cannot drive or does not have a ride.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

You are right about that

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurie19. Show laurie19's posts

Buy stock in CVS