Dear Ms. Fallon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheVoice8. Show TheVoice8's posts

Dear Ms. Fallon

Dear Ms. Fallon

I was in attendance at Malden's wonderful 911 Memorial. A day when we as Americans should show unity no matter what our race, creed, color or political affiliation. To show the enemy that we are a loving country with strength and again unity. I saw Middle Eastern men and women in the crowd to show support, Asians, Hispanic, African American, Jewish and so many others. Today was a day to put our differences aside and remember those that we have lost.

Another thing I noticed was, you did not do that. You did not put your differences aside for a moment on a day that marks one of the worst terror attacks this country if not the world has ever seen. You did not stand with the councillors of the city to show respect. You could not show a mature level of respect while giving respect to all that suffered or died on September 11th 2001. This showed us all a mean spirited side of you and most important that you hold grudges that should be ignored on a day like today.

I do not feel it is Mayoral Material that you display to the public, and I question what was the political motive of your actions today. The entire memorial was for the brave first responders, why stand with them when all elected officials stood side by side in unity with each other. I question again, was this a photo opportunity or a grudge you can not shake for a few hours? Is this what we should expect if you are elected? Grudges against the ones who do no support your way and thinking? Or is it that you like to stir the pot and turn everything into the Deb Fallon show?

You once said "nothing is stronger then a woman's heart." After today I ask myself, do you have a heart? I did not see it today. And this one act of defiance will be heard louder then any post on any web-site anyone can make. It will be heard at the polls.

God Bless all our Brave men and who serve our country. And God Bless all the souls we lost on 9/11.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

Re: Dear Ms. Fallon

The Voice

Lest you forget.  This was not a day about politics. 

Ms. Fallon stood with the first responders and the men who have served in Afghanistan since September 11th  This day was to honor those men and women along with those who lost their lives. 

It wasn't a day for politicians to politicize a tragic day etched in all of our memories.

Shame on you for trying to politicize such a solemn day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Julii. Show Julii's posts

Corrupt, you missed the point entirely, per usual.

Politicizing the day and the firefighters is exactly what Fallon was doing by making a spectacle of herself.

And yes, TheVoice, the action highlighted an important fact: she does not put aside differences, and does not work with others. If you aren't on her team, then you are insignificant, and to be rudely ignored.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

In Response to Re: Dear Ms. Fallon:
    [QUOTE]The Voice Lest you forget.  This was not a day about politics.  Ms. Fallon stood with the first responders and the men who have served in Afghanistan since September 11th  Posted by incorruptibility[/QUOTE]

Men and women, incorruptability. As a woman who has served, been serving since before 9/11 and was deployed shortly after the first wave hit the ground right after 9/11, and will continue to serve, I find this statement offensive and rude.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]The Voice Lest you forget.  This was not a day about politics.  Ms. Fallon stood with the first responders and the men who have served in Afghanistan since September 11th  This day was to honor those men and women along with those who lost their lives.  It wasn't a day for politicians to politicize a tragic day etched in all of our memories. Shame on you for trying to politicize such a solemn day.
    Posted by incorruptibility[/QUOTE]

No, it certainly was not about politics which is why it stood out that she was making a political statement by positioning herself with the fire fighters. They were standing in unity as first responders and if everyone got up to stand with them it would have taken away from that image.  It was a wonderful site to see the fire fighters, the service men and women, boy scouts, girl scouts all standing together.

She did make it a political ploy and I heard people discussing it everywhere.  How can she bring this city together with such childish behavior.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

hellgirl: Thank you for your service. I don't think incorruptability meant to offend you. There are fire fighters who served in Afganistan who are men. It was meant literally as I don't believe the group contains a woman. Please accept our thanks from the bottom of our hearts. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Maldenblueskies: I'm sure he/she didn't mean to offend (this time) but I'd just spent reading some other spewing in different threads from the same poster so I was already aggravated with him/her.

Thanks for a well deserved, gentle correction. ;)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustinApinyen. Show JustinApinyen's posts

I just think it's impressive that Deb came out of hiding to attend a non-fundraising event.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

Hellgirl

My sincere apologies.  The second sentence did refer to men and women it was simply a typo.

As the spouse and child of a veteran I have the utmost respect for all who serve this country.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

incorruptability: Thank you. :) And I'm sorry I was so hasty to judge this morning.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

TO ALL--SHE SHOULD OF STOOD WITH THE COUNCILORS BUT LOST
    INTERGRITY BY MAKING A POLITICAL STATEMENT LIKE THAT, BUT MY QUESTION WHERE WERE THE REST OF THE cOUNCILORS i NOTICED THE dIpIETRO, BUCCI, AND ANDERSON WHERE NOT IN THE
    GROUP---CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHY? I FELT THEY DID NOT CARE
    FOR THE MEMORIAL. i BACK OUR FIRE AND POLICE FROM THE BEGINNING AND ALSO YESTERDAY IN BOSTON THE CREWS OF THOSE
    PLANES WERE HEROS AS THE MEN ON FLIGHT 93 AND MENTION IN A
    VERY PROFOUND VOICE, GOD BLESS OUR SERVICE MEN & wOMAN AND ALL OUR FIRST RESPONDERS,GOD BE WITH THEM EVERY TIME
    THEY ARE CALLED TO ACTION.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

[QUOTE]The Voice Lest you forget.  This was not a day about politics.  Ms. Fallon stood with the first responders and the men who have served in Afghanistan since September 11th  This day was to honor those men and women along with those who lost their lives.  It wasn't a day for politicians to politicize a tragic day etched in all of our memories. Shame on you for trying to politicize such a solemn day.
    Posted by incorruptibility[/QUOTE]

She did try to turn it into a political statement. She is not a first responder or service member. She had it planned she would stand with them so it would look good for her. But it backfired huh?

Shame on you and her for trying to get a cheap photo op on a day like 9/11. I am sure the firemen deep down inside are embarrassed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Think Deaf Fallon will read this? Im sure she will then get mad and be like THAT MEMORIAL WAS FOR ME!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheVoice8. Show TheVoice8's posts

Thank you for everyones opinions, positive and negative. We all have a voice and an opinion.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wanalancet. Show wanalancet's posts

I would imagine Gary would be upset with his supporters going to the depths most of you are going to try and tear down his opponent. I know Gary, unlike most of you who have jumped on the band wagon, most likely because you dont like the way a person looks, speaks, acts or even what they stand for.I'll even go as far as you probably dont even know why you do what you do, and that may be most disturbing..... In this Country we have those liberties if you will. I know Deb too, and believe she is a woman of integrity regardless of who she stands next to. Anybody can become Mayor with enough votes.          If your happy with the way things are in Malden, fiscally and other wise then you'll vote for Gary, If your not happy with the way things are then you'll vote for Deb. That pretty much sums it up, but to tear down a woman for where she felt comfortable to stand, amongst friends no less, well, that is a sad commentary on the state of affairs in this community. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from newuser09. Show newuser09's posts

[QUOTE]I would imagine Gary would be upset with his supporters going to the depths most of you are going to try and tear down his opponent. I know Gary, unlike most of you who have jumped on the band wagon, most likely because you dont like the way a person looks, speaks, acts or even what they stand for.I'll even go as far as you probably dont even know why you do what you do, and that may be most disturbing..... In this Country we have those liberties if you will. I know Deb too, and believe she is a woman of integrity regardless of who she stands next to. Anybody can become Mayor with enough votes.          If your happy with the way things are in Malden, fiscally and other wise then you'll vote for Gary, If your not happy with the way things are then you'll vote for Deb. That pretty much sums it up, but to tear down a woman for where she felt comfortable to stand, amongst friends no less, well, that is a sad commentary on the state of affairs in this community. 
    Posted by wanalancet[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with your comment of who cares where she stood at an event!  AND think gary would not be happy with people "tearing down" others. (That is not him) BUT THE LAST COMMENT OF THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM IS TOTALLY OFF!  SORRY BUT THAT A SAD COMMENTARY ON THE THE MIND SET OF SOME VOTERS!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ward5. Show ward5's posts

newuser, do you even know how to vote? stick to singing/producing Gary's rap videos!  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from newuser09. Show newuser09's posts

[QUOTE]newuser, do you even know how to vote? stick to singing/producing Gary's rap videos!  
    Posted by ward5[/QUOTE]

??? (American Idol here I come?)  I guess!!!! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Ward 5 your avatar fits you well.
    I love when people think they know who is who on here. I make rap videos. My newest rapper is Driver Frankie Frank.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

A yo yo yo!!!! I wanna be in a rap video!!!

Ward 5 you think thats Paul huh?Leave him out of it. He does nothing to no one.

Sections
Shortcuts