(Disclaimer: The Following is Not Political) Jule's Ice Cream in Maplewood

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

(Disclaimer: The Following is Not Political) Jule's Ice Cream in Maplewood

Is staying open over winter! The plan as of yesterday was to "switch seasons" - offer small breakfasts (especially geared toward commuters passing by) in the morning, cappuccino and other coffees and pastries for the winter.

I was excited to hear this and really want to see this business succeed in Maplewood. It's one of the very few new businesses in the square worth patronizing (my opinion). So, if you're local, come by and visit her. :D

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Re: (Disclaimer: The Following is Not Political) Jule's Ice Cream in Maplewood

I will visit!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustinApinyen. Show JustinApinyen's posts

How dare you use these boards for something other than politics! Wink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldengal. Show Maldengal's posts

Thats great news. I have a gift certificate from there and have yet to try it out.  :)  Its on my list!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Justin: LOL! I know, I know. I'm sure someone'll come along to "fix" this post with a totally OT political rant at some point. ;)

Maldengal: Definitely do! Jule's and Market Duniya were the two additions I was really thrilled about last year (Market Duniya means that I finally have someplace to get real Turkish coffee and cardamom for a reasonable price again!).

The owner is always there, and she's gotten to know us fairly well although we only get in maybe once a month or so. She's trying really hard and has a good set up I think. I hope you have a good experience there. :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

In Response to Re: (Disclaimer: The Following is Not Political) Jule's Ice Cream in Maplewood:
    Justin: LOL! I know, I know. I'm sure someone'll come along to "fix" this post with a totally OT political rant at some point. ;) Maldengal: Definitely do! Jule's and Market Duniya were the two additions I was really thrilled about last year (Market Duniya means that I finally have someplace to get real Turkish coffee and cardamom for a reasonable price again!). The owner is always there, and she's gotten to know us fairly well although we only get in maybe once a month or so. She's trying really hard and has a good set up I think. I hope you have a good experience there. :)
    Posted by hellgirl

I have gotten ice cream from this place a number of times and enjoyed it.  The signage is also inviting and it brings new life to that square, thank you for posting.  Oh, by the way, Gary loves this place (I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself Wink)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

In Response to Re: (Disclaimer: The Following is Not Political) Jule's Ice Cream in Maplewood:
    In Response to Re: (Disclaimer: The Following is Not Political) Jule's Ice Cream in Maplewood : I have gotten ice cream from this place a number of times and enjoyed it.  The signage is also inviting and it brings new life to that square, thank you for posting.  Oh, by the way, Gary loves this place (I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself  )
    Posted by Educatedmaldonian

Educatedmaldonian in for the political win! LOL! It's all good. :)

I know. I love the sign she finally got. I guess it was a huge battle with the city too. Boo! But it definitely indicates potential for vibrance there.

Also, I love her iced coffee. Nomnomnom!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

This is a political post. I think we have a hidden message. I cannot find it yet. I will thou!!! Innocent

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Amethyst2. Show Amethyst2's posts

I object to the depolitization of this thread...

What's Gary's favorite ice cream flavor?  Deb's?

The public has a right to know!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Amethyst2: I know, I know. The Democratic Process has been halted in this thread! It's a travesty!!

Rumor has it that Deb's favorite flavor is waffle cone and Gary's? Vanilla.
    *snerk*

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Amethyst2. Show Amethyst2's posts

Hellgirl -- that fits!

Put  me down for mint choclate chip!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Roger that! Although the Cake Batter ice cream is the best ever...especially with jimmies. OMNOM!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

TO ALL--BEST ICE CREAM PLACE IS KIMBALL'S ON THE CHELMSFORD/LITTLETON LINE --IT IS GREAT FOR KIDS AND IS A GREAT SCENIC RIDE. I GO THERE 4 TIMES DURING THE SUMMER AND
    IT IS A RELAXING PLACE TO VISIT AND HAVE ICE CREAM.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Driver54: That's not a local business and thanks for not supporting your own local businesses. Go to Chelmsford or go back to Somerville.

FTR: I unblocked you to see why you even posted in this thread since you're always so off-topic...only to find you directing people away from a Malden business worth noting to a place and town that still has nothing to do with this post?!

The POINT since you missed it wasn't Who Has the Best Ice Cream. The POINT was that our local parlor is staying open through the winter and a second, less obvious (apparently...to you anyway) point there is that it's a new, local business worth supporting in a time when so few are coming to Malden.

JFC. Just LEAVE like you said you would already!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from overthere. Show overthere's posts

TO ALL--BEST ICE CREAM PLACE IS KIMBALL'S ON THE CHELMSFORD/LITTLETON LINE --IT IS GREAT FOR KIDS AND IS A GREAT SCENIC RIDE. I GO THERE 4 TIMES DURING THE SUMMER AND IT IS A RELAXING PLACE TO VISIT AND HAVE ICE CREAM.
    Posted by Driver54

BECAUSE A POST ABOUT SUPPORTING A LOCAL BUSINESS JUST NEEDS SOMEBODY TO PIPE IN ABOUT A PLACE 40 MINUTES AWAY. CAPITAL LETTERS HELP ME GET MY POINT ACROSS.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Jules is a great place.  I go in after school gets out on many day.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

I know of a great place that has Ice Cream in Maui. I go 4 times a week (Long walk) and it has a lot of kids and you can just sit down and think about grants all day.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldengal. Show Maldengal's posts

Pats....... MAUI HATES YOU.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

In Response to Re: (Disclaimer: The Following is Not Political) Jule's Ice Cream in Maplewood : BECAUSE A POST ABOUT SUPPORTING A LOCAL BUSINESS JUST NEEDS SOMEBODY TO PIPE IN ABOUT A PLACE 40 MINUTES AWAY. CAPITAL LETTERS HELP ME GET MY POINT ACROSS.
    Posted by overthere

This has got to be the best thing I've read all day. Now I have to go get a towel to clean the coffee off my screen. :D LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

TO ALL---I INEVER SAID jULE'SiCE CREAM IS BAD BUT WHAT I SAID IS THAT  KIMBALLS HAS THE BEST iCE CREAM I TASTED AND IS SET UP FOR FAMILIES, THE OTHER PLACE WAS LOUIE'S ON BROADWAY IN SOMERVILLE BUT THAT WAS YEARS AGO WHEN IT WAS  FAMILY RUN, THE OTHER GREAT PLACE FOR BREAKFAST IS KELLY'S DINNER IN BALL SQUARE THAT IS STILL FAMILY RUN.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GetActive. Show GetActive's posts

Once again a post by Driver on non-local businesses and what else? Breakfast places. Undecided

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Once again a post by Driver on non-local businesses and what else? Breakfast places.
    Posted by GetActive

My shocked and surprised face. Let me show you it. [facepalm...no...wait...headdesk]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

First---every Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday i travel around the area visiting other cities ---Malden has only one place for it's businesses and things to do that is at Malden Center area.
    Thursday---weather permitting I go to Cambridge and visit many of their fine squares that has many fine stores and restaurants to visit.
    I usually start in Harvard Square and walk down Mass Ave to Central
    Square i can vist many Libraries, book stores, etc, than walk over to 
    Imman Square. Friday--I head into Boston and walk around different 
    areas and it gives me a differnt view of what is going on. Saturday
    is my day in Somerville (like being home) meeting friends and see the changes that are happening in its different squares. Sunday I usually  travel to the North End for Church ( St. Leonards) than pastry at
    Mikes-( Best Pastry Shop around) than walk down Hanover St and
    Salem St. to see what is going on. Malden is a fine city but really
    has only one Function Square and it has no Movie Theaters to
    go to. Maybe get a life and see how  other elected officials  and cities work for their citizens. Malden has done nothing for its citizens only thing it has is corruption in City Hall and that is not  changing soon. Not one church in Malden is as beautiful as ST. Leonards and
    the residents make it beautiful every day. In Somerville St. Catherine's is as beautiful today as it was 20 years ago.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Driver54: I travel too. You're not a special snowflake. I know a lot of great businesses in a lot of other cities in the metro area.

BUT THIS ISN'T ABOUT THEM. It's about a new business in Maplewood who is staying open for the season and what THEY have to offer. It's a free advert for them. It's an exhortation to help them out and give them YOUR business so they succeed. It's about helping Malden re-effing-vitalize by supporting up and coming small businesses.

And the only businesses are in the Center? I thought you said you got out. Clearly, you don't.

So Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform already! Your point is, as usual, off-topic, irrelevant, and, well, pointless.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxed2much. Show taxed2much's posts

Go away please! Re: (Disclaimer: The Following is Not Political) Jule's Ice Cream in Maplewood

First---every Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday i travel around the area visiting other cities ---Malden has only one place for it's businesses and things to do that is at Malden Center area. Thursday---weather permitting I go to Cambridge and visit many of their fine squares that has many fine stores and restaurants to visit. I usually start in Harvard Square and walk down Mass Ave to Central Square i can vist many Libraries, book stores, etc, than walk over to  Imman Square. Friday--I head into Boston and walk around different  areas and it gives me a differnt view of what is going on. Saturday is my day in Somerville (like being home) meeting friends and see the changes that are happening in its different squares. Sunday I usually  travel to the North End for Church ( St. Leonards) than pastry at Mikes-( Best Pastry Shop around) than walk down Hanover St and Salem St. to see what is going on. Malden is a fine city but really has only one Function Square and it has no Movie Theaters to go to. Maybe get a life and see how  other elected officials  and cities work for their citizens. Malden has done nothing for its citizens only thing it has is corruption in City Hall and that is not  changing soon. Not one church in Malden is as beautiful as ST. Leonards and the residents make it beautiful every day. In Somerville St. Catherine's is as beautiful today as it was 20 years ago.  
    Posted by Driver54

Sections
Shortcuts