Embarassing City Council

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

Embarassing City Council

The meering last night made one thing very clear. Most of these councilors have their own agenda and they are arrogant and incompetent. Let's start with Judy. Tooting her own horn about how she tried to do this and that. You were put in your place by Mr Parrow and I hope you don't plan on running again. Gary that was very noble to attempt to stick up for your fellow councilor but the only thing you did was put yourself in the same category as the others. I was sad to see that as I always thought highly of you. The council president the self proclaimed union guy made a fool of himself and tried to bully Mr Parrow. You sir should also not run again. Is that kid who almost beat you before going to run again? I hope so because you need to go. Mr. Kinnon do you really not know how many fire stations Malden has or were you just making everyone positive what a jerk you are. Get out the broom and sweep these people out of office. Don't think we missed the attempt to make this look like $5.00 per week is the issue because you know it isn't Greg. I was shocked I didn't think you could speak. Just jumping on the bandwagon I guess. You are all lucky you have jobs and maybe when you get voted out of office you can take Barbara's advice and clip some coupons. You should all be ashamed of what you have turned this city into.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from YouDidMeWrong. Show YouDidMeWrong's posts

Re: Embarassing City Council

I agree WardWatch, the meeting last night showed exactly how arrogant these Councillors are..Public Safety should be the number one concern right now..The show of people there to support the Fire Fighters should have made that clear to the Council...Right now, I don't give a hoot about parks being renovated, I care about my safety and that of all the citizens..All monies found somehow by the Mayor has to go to Fire and Police...We are being compared to Lawrence, and these people have absolutely NO CLUE!!!!!
    If they pass the Meals Tax, the Mayor came right out and said that that money will not be used for Public Safety..What a disgrace!!!
    He has some kind of vendetta against the Fire Department, it has nothing to do with health care...All these Councillors have full time jobs, why do they need health insurance through the city? Because they don't want to pay for it, but they expect the Fire Fighters to do it....I think all the Councillors should forfeit their health insurance and half their stipends, I mean they can always cut coupons to make up the difference...More and more people are showing up at city hall for the meetings, it must make them very uncomfortable...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

I thought it was Lawrence being compared to Malden

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

From what I read of the article, it sounds like the council's just falling apart. No one could agree to anything or with anyone else. It was pathetic.

No wonder this city is in such dire straits.

And YouDidMeWrong, I'm so with you on the parks. How about we raze the eyesore that's been left to crumble since it burnt on Route 60 W; fix the infrastructure that's falling apart; fund public safety (and expand it too to deal with the rising level of crime); and start taking responsibility in our government.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Again I was there it was embarrassing not one Councilor except
      for Councilor fallon and than she was spoken about in a very
      demeaning tone--Councilor should be Censored from the Council;
      Lets start a petition to remove him.
      Where did the Mayor run too---he flew the coop like a Coward!
         and his Chief of staff looks like a clown when the mayor is not
         pulling his strings. 
         Time for a Change  Change Councilor Kinnon and Councilor
          Anderson he has done nothing for his ward.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from YouDidMeWrong. Show YouDidMeWrong's posts

Now they had another shooting last night, and a couple robbed at gunpoint in the West End..I bet they still won't have a PUBLIC meeting about that either...The violence has increased since Labor Day, still no officials have the "canolies" to address the public about it..This is outragous!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnoughAlreadyPlease. Show EnoughAlreadyPlease's posts

Where was last nights shooting?  There was a Ward 5 meeting last week at Forestdale School.  Anyone attend, would love to know what was discussed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

Another shooting and the police couldnt catch them because they were clipping coupons like they were told to.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from enough. Show enough's posts

The City Council is in a tough position concerning the "Budget-Health Care Issue". But, the mistake EVERY COUNCILOR is making is that they are basing their decisions on what the Mayor wants, rather,
    than the people who elected them.

Also, the Mayor admitted last night we are currently at "MINIMUM
    MANNING LEVELS" for the Police and Fire. If Malden continues to experience an increase in violent incidents "we are in trouble".
    I feel the only way the Mayor will change his attitude towards 
    Public Safety in this City is when the BUSINESS COMMUNITY indicates they may move out of Malden due to safety concerns.
    Unfortunately, he has already proven how little he values or cares 
    about the citizens' concerns.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GetActive. Show GetActive's posts

Enough,
    Great points I agree with you except on one thing.

"But, the mistake EVERY COUNCILOR is making is that they are basing their decisions on what the Mayor wants"

Councillor Christenson was the only one at the council meeting on Tuesday who actually tried to reach out to be a mediator between the Fire Union and the Mayor's Office. He straight out asked Brian Parrow what the council as a body could do to assist them in this process.
    In my opinion Councillor Fallon made an empassioned speech but it didn't offer any solutions and the Council President just kind of was an instigator.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from YouDidMeWrong. Show YouDidMeWrong's posts

GetActive, the Council should have reached out to the Fire Fighters months ago, the only reason why he is doing it is because there where too many residents at that meeting...Christenson is running for Mayor and he needs to look good now in front of the people..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GetActive. Show GetActive's posts

Youdidmewrong,
    I don't think that is entirely true because Councillor Christenson pointed out how he had been working with the union all along and Mr. Parrow agreed.
    Mr. Parrow was very well spoken and very outspoken Tuesday night. If Councillor Christenson said anything untrue just to make himself "look good now in front of the people", I have no doubt Mr. Parrow would have called him out.
    Christenson may not have been grandstanding on his efforts but that apparently doesn't mean he hasn't been there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

Health care is not the issue at all. How come the other cities and towns are not having the same issues as Malden? Health care is a burden and Malden employees are paying more that the surrounding cities already. Playing games with money is finally catching up to these folks who have done very well at our expense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Everybody--It is time for a Town Hall Style meeting and it should be
     held as soon as possible this is necessary after the shootings and
     robberies. The city is becoming more unsafe by the DAY
     Call 781-397-7160 and ask for a Town hall Meeting and leave your
     name--it is time to bring this council to face the citizens.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Sorry gave you the wrong number------
      city council Tel# 781-397-7130 call to complain and ask for a
      meeting;
      city clerk tel# 781-397-7116 call to complain and ask for a meeting;
          it is time for a change  Let the Citizens Speak

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Greysquirral time to have a protest----have your neighbors and
     friends call the City Council--781-397-7130 and leave a message
                     or call city clerk--781-397-7116 and leave a message
       or E-Mail the Council President PDipietro@cityofmalden.org
       and do not stop e-mailing him till he replies. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

Mr squirrel you are right on the money.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Unit777. Show Unit777's posts

Your wrong. Gary said he met with the union reps. They asked to meet with each one of them and Gary was one that he met with. Not that they are working together.

I would like to know who the two were that didnt return the calls. Judi and Kinnon maybe?

I use to like Gary. But the way he defended Judi after she tried to attack that man was a disgrace. And Gary look at all of us saying hes worked with Judi and Blah Blah Blah. And the rest of the meeting Judi sat there giggling with Nester and Lucey. Real funny huh? Judi you maybe the Xray tech but we all can see right through you. Your a puppet for the mayor. I noticed you kissing his butt for 20 min before the meeting.

The other one im tired of is Frank walking around the meetings handing out flyers with more typos. And he is running against anderson?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaldenPride. Show MaldenPride's posts

Here is how I see the 2011 election.....Howard wont run..It will be Fallon against Christenson...Kinnon and Nestor and their people will support Christenson(behind the scenes of course). In turn Kinnon and Nestor get the treasurer and controller jobs. If he gets in.
     Just my thoughts....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

hey Everyone we are angry---do what i been saying do the next
      best thing----Call the Mayor office and keep calling till we get a
       Town Hall Style meeting.  Call every councilor until the agree to
        a Town Hall Meeting />
       Go to CityofMalden.org  than hit government and it will show
         each councilor and their Phone numbers.
        Start calling and do not stop calling!
         Stand up for this City---Lets protest!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Now we have the GUARDIAN ANGELS DOING POLICE WORK AND
      THE MIDDLESEX SHERIFF HAVING A MOBILE UNIT IN OUR CITY,
       HOW MUCH MORE CAN THIS CITY COUNCIL BE EMBARRASSED.
       LIKE I BEEN SAYING CALL THE COUNCIL OFFICE AND LEAVE A
       MESSAGE---781-397-7130 OR CALL THE MAYOR OFFICE AT
       781-397-7000  AND KEEP CALLING THEM ASKING FOR A tOWN
       HALL MEETING  ----THIS AN EMBARRASSMENT FOR ALL. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

greysquirrel --time for the Feds and State to open up the Books of
     this city--I alway was saying that this government is corrupt now
      it is proven. he should resign now--The mayor should be out in
      front of this but nothing. This City Council is an insult to the
      citizens of malden.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rite2010. Show Rite2010's posts

City Hall Corruption

How come the Mayor is backing Charlie Toomajian?  The State Police Special Investigative Unit conducted an investigation that lasted over a year.  This would lead me to believe that everything they did was a thorough and complete investigation.  The people who got indicted were some very bad people according to law enforcement.  I guess the Mayor believes everyone, but poor Charlie.  Any other public employee who did not have political friends in the right places would of had his pay stopped immediately.  Maybe the Mayor is afraid that Charlie may spill the beans if he didn't keep him on th payroll?        

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Told everybody this Mayor or City Council is corrupt to the core;
           when will people listen;