Fallo Lawn Signs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AMaldenSeniorCitizen. Show AMaldenSeniorCitizen's posts

Re: Fallo Lawn Signs

In Response to Re: Fallo Lawn Signs:
    Senior- I happen to also have my OWN relatives who were survivors of concentration camps.   I am first generation in this country- this has NOTHING to do with posting political signs against a local sign ordinance.
    Posted by Educatedmaldonian

You know dear, I do realize that as you say the fact you are first generation in this country has nothing to do with posting political signs against a local sign ordinance.  What is your point?  Historically speaking. you do not seem to understand that there is , a correlation between  lack of civil rights and the rise of fascist ideologies.  However, I do understand that at this point we could all stand  some humor.    It seems as though you would do Michelle Bachman proud with your level of historical knowledge.  What a conversation the two of you could have!  No one would be able to figure out what you were talking about and at the same time you would both be on the same page.  Now that would be some badly needed comic relief for this city.  See you in Concord!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from voteforme. Show voteforme's posts

Maldensenior, stop watching FOX!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

I have officially seen it all now. Godwin's Law actually enacted in an online debate over a lawn sign ordinance. Dear God. *facepalm*

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

RIDICULOUS is an understatement for this string...
    However, Incorrupt, I do like how closely you are following Gary's campaign- they are a very busy group!  He is doing great isn't he?

And please stop calling me dear- it's very strange.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AMaldenSeniorCitizen. Show AMaldenSeniorCitizen's posts

I have officially seen it all now. Godwin's Law actually enacted in an online debate over a lawn sign ordinance. Dear God. *facepalm*
    Posted by hellgirl
    pk

Foolish people.  The analogy is obviously appropriate.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AMaldenSeniorCitizen. Show AMaldenSeniorCitizen's posts

RIDICULOUS is an understatement for this string... However, Incorrupt, I do like how closely you are following Gary's campaign- they are a very busy group!  He is doing great isn't he? And stop calling me dear- it's very strange.
    Posted by Educatedmaldonian

Now dear it is quite true you and your friends are quite foolish.  And I do not know very much about Gary except to say that I judge politicians by the company they keep and truthfully I am not impressed.  Please enlighten me about this sign ordinance - who was the politician who enacted it and what politicians voted for it?  Lets get away from all of your pettiness and give the public the opportunity to vote on facts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

EVERYBODY----BOY I AM HAVING FUN ALL OF YOU EXPLAINING AND TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT MY NEXT MOVE IS;  ONE MAN OPINION IS ONLY AN OPINION ---- THAT WHAT MAKES THIS A GREAT COUNTRY YOU CAN EXPRESS SOMETHING AND HEAR 100 DIFFERENT RESPONSES SOME NEGATIVE AND SOME POSITIVE IT IS CALLED FREEDOM OF SPEECH /> I THINK THE SIGN ORDINANCE IS A NUSIANCE THAT IS ONLY ONE MAN'S OPINION. MOST PEOPLE ON HERE NEEDS TO GET A LIFE AND START THINKING FOR THEMSELVES OR AS ADULTS.
    Posted by Driver54

You think anyone cares what you are doing next? Does anyone here?

Your telling people to get a life? OMG did he post this?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NewMalden. Show NewMalden's posts

VoteForMe - I wanted to follow up on your comment concerning my sign at ZipTrip. Since I am running my campaign with full transparency I wanted you to know why I was there with a sign in the beginning. My rational for bringing the sign in the first place was this; as you see on these boards, local papers and city council meetings politics is a huge part of Malden. ZipTrip was here to showcase our great city and it was my thought that since the political scene is a large part of Malden that politics might be discussed, candidates would be their stumping and residents would be watching. I arrived very early and was the first candidate in the background, as more candidates arrived (without signs) I realized that my assumption was not correct. Unfortunately I was never made aware that signs were not recommended prior to the event.  My intention was never to take away from the segment, and I apologize if that is what anyone thought.

Thanks for your time,
    Andrew Pepoli

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AMaldenSeniorCitizen. Show AMaldenSeniorCitizen's posts

Maldensenior, stop watching FOX!!
    Posted by voteforme

Don't worry voteforme.
    I don't ever watch Fox.  Tell me is that really a news channel?  Many people have told me that it really isn't one.   I find it funny after Fox's party at Bell Rock last week with the Malden politicians that you tell me not to watch them.  Perhaps you could take a survey of all the Malden politicians and ask them if they believe Fox is a real news channel.  Again we could give the public something to vote on rather than the perpetual pettiness that I find on these blogs by the  politicians and their supporters.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Inkorupt.
        If you know about signage, then you know what you have to do to get a sign put up at a park. It is totally different. You jealous because Fallon does not know what to do? Fallon can not even run a campaign. Gary is out in the streets, in the papers, GETTING HIS FACE SHOWN to show the public who he is. That's how a campaign is ran. You talk to the people!!! You think Obama would have won if he just sat back, never went on tv, never had pictures taken and just had misinformed people defend him? NO. You got to go out and sell yourself to the people.

And you would be shocked to know how many firemen back Christenson. But the union does not, because they think Deb is going to make a difference. Has Clark kept her promise with the firemen? Nope.

All Fallon has done is diss her own fundraiser, meeting at her half staffed office, and sat on her butt cheeks the past few months. She is to busy designing new signs every month then trying to run for mayor.

I can sit here for hours and attack her and her campaign but I wont. I like some of the people she is friends with. But I will attack when I see her camp slandering Christenson, and I will attack if I see him people Slander Deb.

Gary gets my vote. But if he plays dirty, It changes. So far I do not see him playing dirty. And people can refuse to take pictures. If they see the pictures up why don't they call him and have him take them down? They must like him.

So please, do fallon a favor and be quiet. She once had a chance. Now people like you ruined it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

AMaldenSenior: The analogy is almost NEVER appropriate. That's why and how Godwin's Law came into being. From Godwin's Law FAQ page:

"As a Usenet discussion gets longer it tends to get more heated; as
    more heat enters the discussion, tensions get higher and people start to insult each other over anything they can think of.  Godwin's Law merely notes that, eventually, those tensions eventually cause someone to find the worst insults that come to mind - which will almost always include a Nazi comparison."
    So, what this means in practical terms:

o If someone brings up Nazis in general conversation when it
      wasn't necessary or germane without it necessarily being an
      insult, it's probably about time for the thread to end.
    o If someone brings up Nazis in general conversation when it
      was vaguely related but is basically being used as an insult,
      the speaker can be considered to be flaming and not debating.
    o If someone brings up Nazis in any conversation that has been
      going on too long for one of the parties, it can be used as
      a fair excuse to end the thread and declare victory for the
      other side."

So, I think that the first explanatory bullet probably applies best to your comparison of Pats2012's statement about clean streets and your comparison of that statement to Adolf Hitler's policies (your invocation of Godwin's Law).

Also, I'm sure that the 6 million Jews and 6 million NON-Jews who suffered and died under Hitler's hand appreciate your trivialization of their experience in this and really, every invocation of Godwin's Law.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

In Response to Re: Fallo Lawn Signs : Don't worry voteforme. I don't ever watch Fox.  Tell me is that really a news channel?  Many people have told me that it really isn't one.   I find it funny after Fox's party at Bell Rock last week with the Malden politicians that you tell me not to watch them.  Perhaps you could take a survey of all the Malden politicians and ask them if they believe Fox is a real news channel.  Again we could give the public something to vote on rather than the perpetual pettiness that I find on these blogs by the  politicians and their supporters.
    Posted by AMaldenSeniorCitizen

Fox news and Fox 25 are different. Same company, but Fox 25 does not force feed you news and lie.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AMaldenSeniorCitizen. Show AMaldenSeniorCitizen's posts

AMaldenSenior: The analogy is almost NEVER appropriate. That's why and how Godwin's Law came into being. From Godwin's Law FAQ page: "As a Usenet discussion gets longer it tends to get more heated; as more heat enters the discussion, tensions get higher and people start to insult each other over anything they can think of.  Godwin's Law merely notes that, eventually, those tensions eventually cause someone to find the worst insults that come to mind - which will almost always include a Nazi comparison." So, what this means in practical terms: o If someone brings up Nazis in general conversation when it   wasn't necessary or germane without it necessarily being an   insult, it's probably about time for the thread to end. o If someone brings up Nazis in general conversation when it   was vaguely related but is basically being used as an insult,   the speaker can be considered to be flaming and not debating. o If someone brings up Nazis in any conversation that has been   going on too long for one of the parties, it can be used as   a fair excuse to end the thread and declare victory for the   other side." So, I think that the first explanatory bullet probably applies best to your comparison of Pats2012's statement about clean streets and your comparison of that statement to Adolf Hitler's policies (your invocation of Godwin's Law). Also, I'm sure that the 6 million Jews and 6 million NON-Jews who suffered and died under Hitler's hand appreciate your trivialization of their experience in this and really, every invocation of Godwin's Law.
    Posted by hellgirl

As you say the analogy is almost never appropriate. However, in this case  it is  appropriate. Even Godwin admits sometimes the analogy is quite appropriate.  If you have ever taken the time to study the rise of Fascism in Europe, you will find it can be easily argued that it would never have occurred if there was observance of  and belief in the importance of Civil Rights in those countries mentioned. 

It is your attitude which requires serious reflection. You are out of line when you say I trivialize the deaths of  12 million  people. Matter of fact it is people like you who trivialize when you show total disregard for 1st amendment rights in this country. You trivialize when you suggest that the annoyance you feel when your neighbor expresses his views with a sign is more important than your neighbors right to expression. It is too bad that you do not see that the real beauty in the community is the ability to creatively express ideas.  Whether or not I agree with my neighbors views I value their right to express their opinions. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AMaldenSeniorCitizen. Show AMaldenSeniorCitizen's posts

In Response to Re: Fallo Lawn Signs : Fox news and Fox 25 are different. Same company, but Fox 25 does not force feed you news and lie.
    Posted by Pats2012Champs

Let me see, according to youFox news is on Fox25 the channel and are all part of Fox the company.  Because the news is on the channel the channel is not responsible for the news. ???????????  You must have really enjoyed the zip trip.  Bless you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustinApinyen. Show JustinApinyen's posts

Just out of curiousity, Is Deb even still in this race? I haven't seen her around, and her website has very few updates. Everywhere I look it seems that Gary is at another event promoting himself and putting himself out there, but I have not seen Deb anywhere around.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Not Fox 25 does not have Oreily, or had Beck, or anyone else. That is what I am saying. It's not as radical as Fox News.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Just out of curiousity, Is Deb even still in this race? I haven't seen her around, and her website has very few updates. Everywhere I look it seems that Gary is at another event promoting himself and putting himself out there, but I have not seen Deb anywhere around.
    Posted by JustinApinyen

6 people think she is in the race. I think she forgot she is running. No way can she come back and pull off a win. It is over now for her.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

MaldenSenior: I had no input to this conversation until you compared Pats2012 defense of a sign ordinance to Hitler's rise in power. I stand by my statement that you've made light of a devastating peeiod in history because it's rather quite clear that you DON'T get how he came to be in the position he was.

Maybe you should start by looking up the Weimar Republik and go from there. It was nothing to do with cleanliness of a neighborhood and everything to do with the fact that a loaf of bread cost almost a billion USD at the time.

Personally, I don't even know how you can begin to compare placing a lawn sign for a political candidate out well in advance of an election (90 days out) as a violation of freedom of speech anyway.

Having been places and fought for people who would be fed through an APPLIANCE SHREDDER for exercising their right to protest their government, you're so far off in lalaland with this I can't even begin to fathom your argument.

FTR: I never said a dam thing about being annoyed with any of neighbors signs. It doesn't bother me in the least in fact. I only took exception to your invocation of Godwin's Law over the matter. So, why don't you try reading completely before you accuse me of something I never said.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

we have alot of that HellG. People do not read it all, or do not read into it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

I know, Pats. I know.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

Well said Hellgirl.  This comparison should end now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

Personally, I am leery of people who throw comparisons to Hitler in discussion on current topics so easily, whether online or in person.

It just reflects a lack of context, awareness, knowledge and perspective in the people who bring it up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

EducatedMaldonian: Thanks. Some stuff just gets to me and that's one of them...as is evidenced (on re-read) of my less than eloquent typing in that last post. Brain got way ahead of my fingers there. Yeesh. I'd edit it but...meh.

anotherman: Exactly! Brilliantly put. :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AMaldenSeniorCitizen. Show AMaldenSeniorCitizen's posts

MaldenSenior: I had no input to this conversation until you compared Pats2012 defense of a sign ordinance to Hitler's rise in power. I stand by my statement that you've made light of a devastating peeiod in history because it's rather quite clear that you DON'T get how he came to be in the position he was. Maybe you should start by looking up the Weimar Republik and go from there. It was nothing to do with cleanliness of a neighborhood and everything to do with the fact that a loaf of bread cost almost a billion USD at the time. Personally, I don't even know how you can begin to compare placing a lawn sign for a political candidate out well in advance of an election (90 days out) as a violation of freedom of speech anyway. Having been places and fought for people who would be fed through an APPLIANCE SHREDDER for exercising their right to protest their government, you're so far off in lalaland with this I can't even begin to fathom your argument. FTR: I never said a dam thing about being annoyed with any of neighbors signs. It doesn't bother me in the least in fact. I only took exception to your invocation of Godwin's Law over the matter. So, why don't you try reading completely before you accuse me of something I never said.
    Posted by hellgirl

Hellgirl, My suggestion to you is to follow your own advice and learn to read completely and think before you shoot your mouth off. 

Whether it is because you are so obviously obtuse not to read what I said, or that you deliberately twisted facts, there is really no point in discussing any thing with you because you continue to misrepresent the truth.

What a ridiculous statement you made to say that I said the rise of Fascism had to do with cleanliness of a neighborhood.  Here, you clearly become a liar suggesting other than what I said.  What I did say however is that if Civil Rights were recognized Fascism could never have occurred.  You can not deny that. 

What don't you understand?  I clearly spoke of the rise of Fascism in Europe,  not Hitler's rise to power.  So to attempt to be insulting  you referred to Hitler and the Weimar Republic, which had very little to do with what I spoke of.  Again you misrepresented  what I had said.  When you made those statements you ignored the trends that were occuring throughout Europe at that time.  I suggest you expand your knowledge before you shoot your mouth off again.  Hyperinflation may have been a catalyst for Hitler's ascent to power in Germany.  It does not  explain a cultures acceptance of the murder of 12 million. 

Oh yes Hellgirl after the pile of bull you have written I honestly can not see you" fighting for people who would be fed through Appliance Shredders for exercising their right to protest"  What was that for dramatic affect?  Some people may fiind that type of lying to be  cheap and trivializing. I personally do.

Truthfully, I don't understand politicians who have nothing better to do than pass silly ordinances for signs in the community.  What is next - the sign police?  How they can sit around and determine that a resident may not have more than two signs on their lawn really gets me.  What is the fine for having more than two signs anyway?  And yes it is a limitation on my right to speech telling me how many candidates I may endorse.  I believe Malden suffers from some very small and petty people.  Unfortunatley many of them are politicians or aspiring to be one.

For the record I did not invoke Godwins Law - you did that.  It seems because you read Godwins Law - you believe that applies all the time.  You seem to suffer from a foolish consistency of thought.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

AMSC: Your direct quote from the previous page (emphasis added by me): "I bet Adolf Hitler would agree with you.  Damn, could that man keep the streets clean!   What's in store for Malden next - making the trains run on time?  Benito  Mussolini would have  wanted to hug you for that one!  So please tell me what politician are you endorsing.  I want to pass this sophisticated perspective on to all the neat freaks in Malden!"

And there is Godwin's Law invoked.

Read up on Saddam's Iraq. Go talk to them sometime. Find out what life was like under that regime. Find out what he did to those people we were there for.

I don't need to justify my service to you, but don't you DARE downplay what you trivialize here.

Sections
Shortcuts