Fallo Lawn Signs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

Re: Fallo Lawn Signs

SeniorCitizen:

Your bringing Hitler into a discussion on defending the first amendment in the Constitution is really a stretch.

Are you one of those Constitutional fundamentalists, if you think city ordinances on signs are silly? What next? Traffic laws? Noise ordinances? Where do you draw the line? We're not living in the 18th century, mind you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

In Response to Re: Fallo Lawn Signs:
    AMSC: Your direct quote from the previous page (emphasis added by me): " I bet Adolf Hitler would agree with you.  Damn, could that man keep the streets clean!   What's in store for Malden next - making the trains run on time?  Benito  Mussolini would have  wanted to hug you for that one!  So please tell me what politician are you endorsing.  I want to pass this sophisticated perspective on to all the neat freaks in Malden!" And there is Godwin's Law invoked. Read up on Saddam's Iraq. Go talk to them sometime. Find out what life was like under that regime. Find out what he did to those people we were there for. I don't need to justify my service to you, but don't you DARE downplay what you trivialize here.
    Posted by hellgirl

Hell, stay calm, senior is just some ex liberal school teacher who thinks she is smarter than everyone else. Those type of liberals hate the military and I am willing to bet she was not in the military.
    I only listen to fox, they report, you decide.
    Go Blue

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from voteforme. Show voteforme's posts

VoteForMe - I wanted to follow up on your comment concerning my sign at ZipTrip. Since I am running my campaign with full transparency I wanted you to know why I was there with a sign in the beginning. My rational for bringing the sign in the first place was this; as you see on these boards, local papers and city council meetings politics is a huge part of Malden. ZipTrip was here to showcase our great city and it was my thought that since the political scene is a large part of Malden that politics might be discussed, candidates would be their stumping and residents would be watching. I arrived very early and was the first candidate in the background, as more candidates arrived (without signs) I realized that my assumption was not correct. Unfortunately I was never made aware that signs were not recommended prior to the event.   My intention was never to take away from the segment, and I apologize if that is what anyone thought. Thanks for your time, Andrew Pepoli
    Posted by NewMalden

With all due respect Mr. Pepoli, when you realized the signs were out of order you should have not held it up!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Pepoli. Vote for me is right. You should have put the sign away. But you stood back with Barry "damn im itchy" Greenspan and held up your sign. The entire Zip Trip was to showcase Malden, not the race. Have some class. But like others you just moved here after how long? And you are going to run without knowing half of what is going on in the city?

Ya I trust you kid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NewMalden. Show NewMalden's posts

VoteForMe – Read my post again as you seemed to have missed this, when I realized that signs were not recommended I removed the sign from camera. Yes I had been on for a little while but I was the only candidate for city council their at that time. When more came, as the morning progressed, I saw they did not have signs and moved it, plain and simple.

Pats – Also read the post again, I did take it down when I realized. Politics are a part of Malden and a sign in the background is not going to take away from the content of the ZipTrip, lots of people had signs with all kinds of material on them mostly with nothing to do with Malden. My potential as a city councilor should not be judged on a sign, but on my platform and my professional experience.

Everyone, even you, makes a mistake every once in a while.  My Wife and I move to the city because we saw something in Malden we liked, and just because I am new does not mean I cannot help make it a better place.  
    It was not a malicious decision to hold up the sign, and I even came on here to apologize. How many other candidates ever come out and admit mistakes…even much larger ones.

Thanks for your time

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

ok show us your platform

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NewMalden. Show NewMalden's posts

Follow the link to my campaign website below, my platform is laid out;

www.pepoliatlarge.com/platform.html">www.pepoliatlarge.com/platform.html

would be happy to discuss each point in more detail on a call so let me know and I will get you my phone number.
     Thanks

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NewMalden. Show NewMalden's posts

http://www.pepoliatlarge.com/platform.html

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Public Safety

Increase funding for our police department to provide a stronger anti-crime task force and community policing. This will be achieved through the removal waste and inefficacy that currently exists in the city’s budget and not by raising or implementing new taxes.

What waste? I am sure with you saying this you have seen the current budget. What would you cut?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NewMalden. Show NewMalden's posts

Do you feel that there is not a single dollar wasted in our current budget?? Do you feel that all of the departments at cith hall are run efficiently? Yes I have reviewed the budget the city published on the website; however I have not had access to the detail yet so I can not drill down further into department specifics, contracts and staffing requirements. This is the material needed to formulate the appropriate and responsible plan.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AMaldenSeniorCitizen. Show AMaldenSeniorCitizen's posts

[QUOTE]SeniorCitizen: Your bringing Hitler into a discussion on defending the first amendment in the Constitution is really a stretch. Are you one of those Constitutional fundamentalists, if you think city ordinances on signs are silly? What next? Traffic laws? Noise ordinances? Where do you draw the line? We're not living in the 18th century, mind you.  

No I am no fundamentalist.  Do you even know what that means?
    You are reading out of context.  Look at what I was responding to before you make statements. I suggest you read in context with the original posts.   I happen to respect my neighbors right to express their political views.  I believe their rights are violated when they are told how many candidates they may endorse with signs on their own property.  You obviously do not respect your neighbors right to place signs on their property.  You believe in limiting it to two?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AMaldenSeniorCitizen. Show AMaldenSeniorCitizen's posts

AMSC: Your direct quote from the previous page (emphasis added by me): " I bet Adolf Hitler would agree with you.  Damn, could that man keep the streets clean!   What's in store for Malden next - making the trains run on time?  Benito  Mussolini would have  wanted to hug you for that one!  So please tell me what politician are you endorsing.  I want to pass this sophisticated perspective on to all the neat freaks in Malden!" And there is Godwin's Law invoked. Read up on Saddam's Iraq. Go talk to them sometime. Find out what life was like under that regime. Find out what he did to those people we were there for. I don't need to justify my service to you, but don't you DARE downplay what you trivialize here.
    Posted by hellgirl

Again you write out of context.  You failed to show what I was responding to. So you misrepresent again.  And those with the attention span of fleas fall for your bull.   As the saying goes with you -  Thou protests too loudly.    Your self righteous indignation is a laugh.  I am going to end it here and just say I will always support my neighbors right to place as many signs as they desire on their lawn.  I hope everyone puts more than two out this year. And yes I would love to know who the politicians were who implemented this foolish ordinance.  That would affect how I voted. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

LOL! Ah yes. It's allll out of context. None of us can read.

I know that backtracking is tough, but it was a good try.

I don't give a fig about signs - in fact I had no idea about the ordinance until this thread and I couldn't care less if my neighbors keep signs out all year (personally, I'd just think they were lazy), but your comparison to the events that precipitated Hitler's rise to power and lawn sign ordinances that you feel somehow infringe on freedom of speech when it comes to election periods is laughable. It might be a little more valid if the ordinance stated that no one could ever put out a sign, no matter what. But...it doesn't.

Anywhoo, back on topic...I see a Kinnon sign up. Is he in the primary?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

fscib52: ROFLMAO.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AMaldenSeniorCitizen. Show AMaldenSeniorCitizen's posts

LOL!" Ah yes. It's allll out of context". - Thank you you finally admitted it.

"None of us can read". I did not say that.  You did.  You are  right.  This is probably a big misunderstanding on your part because you can not help that you are a functional illiterate. 

I know that backtracking is tough, but it was a good try.  I don't know how you can realize that since you never did do that. You relied on one statement out of context - You don't have an argument.     

"I don't give a fig about signs - in fact I had no idea about the ordinance until this thread and I couldn't care less if my neighbors keep signs out all year (personally, I'd just think they were lazy)," I am glad that you have no problem with people putting signs in front of their homes. 

" but your comparison to the events that precipitated Hitler's rise to power and lawn sign ordinances that you feel somehow infringe on freedom of speech when it comes to election periods is laughable."  Lady those are your words - not mine.  Again are you that obtuse.  As a compliment to you I will say no.  It appears that you  just like to make statements out of context.  That makes you a liar.

I do have to admit I had a good  laugh too, particularly at your boastings.  I can see that I am wasting my time.  You are stuck on your lies.  If Perception is reality, -  What can  I say but enjoy your delusion and thank you for the entertainment.  Carl Rove would love you...

back on topic...I see a Kinnon sign up. Is he in the primary?
    Posted by hellgirl
      and Yes you are probably right there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Hmmm...first there was this.

I am going to end it here and just say I will always support my neighbors right to place as many signs as they desire on their lawn.
    Posted by AMaldenSeniorCitizen

But then you just kept going.

Just gotta get that last "intelligent" jab in, dontcha? Resorting to personal insults is typically the last defense in a lost campaign. Enjoy yourself.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ferdanandthebull. Show Ferdanandthebull's posts

I just love looking at my neighbors crap in his lawn.  I wish he would put more out there and while he is at it, he should put a "sign" on each old car, tire, and wood pile explaining exactly what they are!  

MaldenSeniorcitizen you are a nasty old bugger who has come out swinging because you have been backed into a corner.
    Anything with any merit that you have said was wiped out in your fury.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

... And now, why don't you really start teasing people with mental health issues and start talking about Hitler again.
    Posted by malden2010

In fairness, we tease Driver54 all of the time...and he's sort of the reason I selected the usericon I did. The prozac was for him. So, I'm guilty there too. I think we all are. Except for the Hitler bit.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Whoops! Looks like a post has been deleted...did someone report it or did AMSC realize that they crossed (yet) another line there?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

Ferdinand: I feel your pain. What I don't understand is how can the city allow that to go on but if someone puts up a sign too early or one too many it is a Federal crime? It's election time and I don't care about the signs but it really makes me crazy to see how people can violate all the other ordinances and get away with it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Do you feel that there is not a single dollar wasted in our current budget?? Do you feel that all of the departments at cith hall are run efficiently? Yes I have reviewed the budget the city published on the website; however I have not had access to the detail yet so I can not drill down further into department specifics, contracts and staffing requirements. This is the material needed to formulate the appropriate and responsible plan.
    Posted by NewMalden

If you have not figured the budget out yet, then you should not run for office. You want to cut waste, but not sure where. You want to do this and that, but do not know the details on how you would do it. Run when you figure it out. Your another Robillard.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ferdanandthebull. Show Ferdanandthebull's posts

Aside from my neighbor's horror lawn, the signs aren't too much of a bother.  I agree, it's hard to enforce the ordinances, but it still doesn't make it right when people don't abide by them.

Incidentally, I did pass a Deborah Fallon sign today on Highland Avenue, so apparently nobody is enforcing the sign ordinance either.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AMaldenSeniorCitizen. Show AMaldenSeniorCitizen's posts

I just love looking at my neighbors crap in his lawn.  I wish he would put more out there and while he is at it, he should put a "sign" on each old car, tire, and wood pile explaining exactly what they are!   MaldenSeniorcitizen you are a nasty old bugger who has come out swinging because you have been backed into a corner. Anything with any merit that you have said was wiped out in your fury.
    Posted by Ferdanandthebull

Sorry to disappoint you, but people who know me refer to me as a damn nice person.  I did not come out swinging because I was backed into any corner.  Rather I could not understand hellgirls behavior and if you look at the picture hellgirl has with her name, you will see she makes reference to prozac in the picture.  I believe "prozac pez".     If she did not want people to know or if she were ashamed of it -why would she post it to begin with? She should not be.   I am truly sorry if I did hurt her feelings as that was never my intention. 

As far as the first statement you made -I'm sorry that you don't like your neighbor's "crap".  You have to realize that your neighbor may not like your crap either.  So what is your point?  You want more ordinances?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

ALL THE POLITICAL CORRECT PEOPLE ON HERE---thank god you never ran a campaign in Somerville or Cambridge ---Signs do not change how people Vote----- Signs to me are just signs ---nothing
    else---This Ordiance I feel is a Nusaince and people make more of it 
    than it should be. 
    Wake Up all of You there are more Important things to discuss than
    who has signs up and when and where --Stop being Political Correct
    on every little thing.  

Sections
Shortcuts