Fallon and Charter Schools

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrew25. Show andrew25's posts

Re: Fallon and Charter Schools

OK... Please ignore my last post and return to beating your head into the wall!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

A25: Gee, tell me how you really feel! A hypocrite AND a liar? This coming from a keyboard kreeper? I know you don't like it when I say things that are the truth and all you can do instead of proving me wrong is to call me names and bash me. What am I lying about? Other than the old St. Joe's building, tell me how kids get to the 2nd floor of the Maplewood and high school buildings? Oh, that's right, those levels are for older kids and the school would have drummed out any kids who needed an elevator for those floors. Maybe your little darling is safe because you chug the koolaid and are nicely compliant and a good cheerleader for the school no matter what the konflicts of interest are. I cannot wait for the issue to come up where you don't agree and you will see what the others have for so many years. Kinda like finding out about the tooth fairy. Only worse.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

AnnieOMalden---First you are way off base about charters schools in General Most are an asset to a city and it's Educational programs are
    sometime ahead of the Cities Educational Systems, Reason they can pick and chose teachers and if the teacher does not meet their standards they can be fired as with the Malden School System they have a union, senority, tenure that sometime hurts the Education
    Process for children to be taught. Do Yourself a Favor and stop being a fool check other Charter Schools in other cities and see what they
    have done right. My problem is who is running the School and How they have a Trustee who is a city councilor which sounds like making deals for the school behind close doors in city hall is not correct but illegal but I think most time Charter Schools can be an asset to a Community.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Um, driver, I hate to admit it but we are both on the same page here. I know all about charter schools which is why my kids went there. The difference in this charter school and others is...

-No other charter school owns houses, apartment buildings and fire stations.
    -No other charter school has a board that never changes.
    -No other charter school has a chairman of its board who is also the councilor of the ward the main school sits in.
    -No other charter school board chairman got a Mayor elected on his first time running for office.
    -No other charter school board chair was also appointed by said Mayor to be the Fire Commissioner.
    -No other charter school rented a fire station it bought back to the city as used it as leverage for field time in just one city.
    -No other charter school hired the board chair's sister-in-law who didn't have the credentials to be the head of the SPED program at the school.
    -No other charter school board chair hired his brother who has no credentials to be in charge of all maintenance at the school.
    -No other charter school hired his friend to be the Business Manager who only had a degree in History and is now Director of the Lower School.
    -No other charter school hired a disgraced former City Council President and suspended lawyer as a Director of Public Relations who has no credentials in this field and whose salary doubled in less than 5 years.
    -No other charter school spent $4.5mil on a piece of property and bonded another $8mil to build an athletic facility before investing in better classrooms, computers and science labs meant for all students not just the jocks. 
    -No other charter school diverted hundreds of thousands of dollars into an athletic program before investing in academics.
    -No other charter school refuses and has lost an important accredidation they vigorously sought because there is no full time on site guidance counselor.
    -No other charter school (or any school I know of!) has a Public Relations Director.
    -No other charter schools negotiated a deal with the Mayor out of the public purview which allowed the opportunity for the school to have exclusive rights to time periods for 20 years AND the option to buy the park if it came available for sale. This would have been another $400k being spent on athletics and not academics. This particular piece of land abuts the new $12.5mil athletic facility being built. Coincidence? 

Need I go on? How close do you need the dots to see there is a real problem with the charter school located in Malden and the Ward 6 councilor? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from voteforme. Show voteforme's posts

Hey Annie, take a breath! What is it you sell at the Bruins Games, Hot Dogs?  Maybe you should stick with that for a while.  Driver actually makes more sense than you do!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Vote For Me---thank You but my concern is the same as yours is but nothing will change the Board of Trustees.
    The other problem I am having now is three (3) weeks ago I sent a request for Information to the leary Firefighters Foundation on how the city can purchase or Find parts for the ladder truck which is down/out of service, two weeks ago the Leary Firefighters Foundation sent the Information to City Hall--Mayor's office and
    Clerk of committees Office and it seems they have not responded and none of the Councilors received the Information--who hid this
    Information and where is it, I received a copy of said e-mail and what they mailed to this City Hall. We have equipment breaking down and no one cares in city hall---Public Safety--The leary Foundation also was willing to donate to the city other types of equipment but
    again no one is responding. On Thursday 10/07/2011 the Foundation wanted to know what to do with my request asking for help since
    city hall is doing nothing. I need some kind of Guidance on this and
    who should I ask.  thank you again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NavalAcademyGuy. Show NavalAcademyGuy's posts

voteforme
    I tried to stop annie o when she made up those statements or told a lie. But guess what they are all FACTS. Sometimes the truth hurts so get use to it. Annie o is 100% percent correct with her facts. Instead of telling her to go sell hot dogs why dont you dispute her statements????? I tell you why, you have nothing to come back with. So instead of shooting your mouth off just to hear your self, educate your self, you are begining to sound like a dope.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Trying to change the story here.  Fallon is the see the debate.  Said she will lobby state delegation to change the formula,  and take away any money left over at the end of the year for Charters.  Don't believe what I say watch the reruns.  Then she stated Charters don't have to take the same kids.  For all of us who entered a lotter or with kids in the school we know that is nonsense.  People need to hear it right from her mouth because otherwise she will tell you something entirely different.  There is a pattern here and it is called saying whatever you need to at the moment.  Fabulous Fabricator.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

MVCrazySchitzoparent: I bet you'd like to change the subject here. No rebuttal to what I have stated? Kat got your tongue? Kinnon is the one who would bring down the charter school the way he has used that school for himself and the chosen few. C'mon A25, tell me where I am lying.

Voteforme: You must really be A25 as he also liked to demean me for my job. How any of you could demean anyone for working is beyond me. Regardless of what it is that someone does for gainful employment that not only puts food on my table but allows me to help the local economy by spending my paycheck does not make me lesser of a human being. My job does not necessarily define who I am but this particular job provides me and my family with an income as well as being one of the most fun jobs anyone could have.

Tell me what it is that you do for work that would make you more of a human than I am. Your parents obviously did a poor job of teaching you that regardless of what someone does for work they deserve respect. The more menial the job, the more thankful you should be it is them and not yourself doing it and the more respect they deserve for the work they do. Shame on you! I can only hope your children have not learned from you as you are a poor example for anyone to follow.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

In Response to Re: Fallon and Charter Schools:
    [QUOTE]Um, driver, I hate to admit it but we are both on the same page here. I know all about charter schools which is why my kids went there. The difference in this charter school and others is... -No other charter school owns houses, apartment buildings and fire stations. -No other charter school has a board that never changes. -No other charter school has a chairman of its board who is also the councilor of the ward the main school sits in. -No other charter school board chairman got a Mayor elected on his first time running for office. -No other charter school board chair was also appointed by said Mayor to be the Fire Commissioner. -No other charter school rented a fire station it bought back to the city as used it as leverage for field time in just one city. -No other charter school hired the board chair's sister-in-law who didn't have the credentials to be the head of the SPED program at the school. -No other charter school board chair hired his brother who has no credentials to be in charge of all maintenance at the school. -No other charter school hired his friend to be the Business Manager who only had a degree in History and is now Director of the Lower School. -No other charter school hired a disgraced former City Council President and suspended lawyer as a Director of Public Relations who has no credentials in this field and whose salary doubled in less than 5 years. -No other charter school spent $4.5mil on a piece of property and bonded another $8mil to build an athletic facility before investing in better classrooms, computers and science labs meant for all students not just the jocks.  -No other charter school diverted hundreds of thousands of dollars into an athletic program before investing in academics. -No other charter school refuses and has lost an important accredidation they vigorously sought because there is no full time on site guidance counselor. -No other charter school (or any school I know of!) has a Public Relations Director. -No other charter schools negotiated a deal with the Mayor out of the public purview which allowed the opportunity for the school to have exclusive rights to time periods for 20 years AND the option to buy the park if it came available for sale. This would have been another $400k being spent on athletics and not academics. This particular piece of land abuts the new $12.5mil athletic facility being built. Coincidence?  Need I go on? How close do you need the dots to see there is a real problem with the charter school located in Malden and the Ward 6 councilor? 
    Posted by AnnieOMalden[/QUOTE]

Um, driver, That was great. I am getting educated on what is going on in malden and i don't like it.
    Thanks annie O.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

AnnieOMalden----again I was taught you belive 30% of what a Politican tells you and than do the research and find out it is not true. I asked N. Anderson about the Literature sent by Leary Foundation and did not get an answer nor did I receive one from
    Gary Christenson ---I would like to Know where the Material went
    and who is hiding it. The leary Foundation and I been together since
    2004 when i drove Dennis Leary who was doing Comedy and he explain the Duties of the Foundation and when it works for communities and did for Somerville and Cambridge with me starting the conversation. "Which I did for Malden"
    This City does not want the Leary Foundation involved with it's Fire
    fighters because of it battle with the Union. Again ask Debbie about
    it and why it not being mention in any paper or on their web-sites.
    This a Major Organization that help Communities and our elected 
    officials are ignoring it. Again what can I do to bring this to the 
    forefront and let the citizens know what is happening in this city.
    Talk to debbie and see what she knows about it. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

[QUOTE]MVCrazySchitzoparent: I bet you'd like to change the subject here. No rebuttal to what I have stated? Kat got your tongue? Kinnon is the one who would bring down the charter school the way he has used that school for himself and the chosen few. C'mon A25, tell me where I am lying. Voteforme: You must really be A25 as he also liked to demean me for my job. How any of you could demean anyone for working is beyond me. Regardless of what it is that someone does for gainful employment that not only puts food on my table but allows me to help the local economy by spending my paycheck does not make me lesser of a human being. My job does not necessarily define who I am but this particular job provides me and my family with an income as well as being one of the most fun jobs anyone could have.   Tell me what it is that you do for work that would make you more of a human than I am. Your parents obviously did a poor job of teaching you that regardless of what someone does for work they deserve respect. The more menial the job, the more thankful you should be it is them and not yourself doing it and the more respect they deserve for the work they do. Shame on you! I can only hope your children have not learned from you as you are a poor example for anyone to follow.
    Posted by AnnieOMalden[/QUOTE]
    WOW vote, She ripped you. 
    My older boy spent 5 years at merrimack college. He wanted to continue his football and needed insurance. he went to a job fair held at the school, and took the first offer from a private school in andover. It was teaching autistic kids and the pay was $28 k to start. I was pissed. I owe $95k, parentplus loan, and he owes $20k. i told him, your wasting your time, there is no money there. You will hate it. Your better than that, there are much better jobs out there.
    5 years later, the kid has his masters and is a supervisor at the school. his pay still sucks, but he loves the challenge. 
    Vote, I was dead wrong, and so were you. you have to admit, annie
     makes sense. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from voteforme. Show voteforme's posts

When AnnieO gives other people the respect they deserve then maybe she will gain mine.  She is just a self-serving know-it-all!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

[QUOTE]When AnnieO gives other people the respect they deserve then maybe she will gain mine.  She is just a self-serving know-it-all!!!
    Posted by voteforme[/QUOTE]

I still say she must have been an old school teacher in another life. Thats how teachers are.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

FSCIB52------First You have to Understand Annie---she a Lap Dog for Ms Fallon on here ---always defending her but never giving any
    information back to Ms Fallon. She never researches anything she
    prints only prints what Ms Fallon tells her. Again as of 11AM there is
    over 119 cities in this country having Protest Is it time for Malden!

What is everyone afraid of making the Councilors mad at you or just

do not care what they do and how it affects you.

WE NEED CHANGE NOW___TOMORROW NIGHT STARTS THE CHANGE

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

GreginMeffa---I support the Charter School System what I am against is the People who run it and their credentials, I understand
    teachers have a standard to uphold and they do a great job. But
    If you look at the Board of Trustees and Management you would
    question that part of the Charter School.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurie19. Show laurie19's posts

The unions don't have their hands in the til at the charter school.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

laurie19: The friends and family sure do, tho!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Bottom Line on this discussion is that Fallon is not a supporter watch her on MATV and if you have kids at MV you be the judge.  Pretty simple.

Just finished watching the debate for Malden Mayor.  For any Charter School Parent out there from Malden whether at Mystic Valley or any other. Please watch the debate held against Mr Christenson. Councillor Fallon stated point blank tonight she would encourage the State delegation to change the funding formula and too take back any surplus a charter school had at year end.  She might as well have said she would vote to close charter schools with that statement.  It started with our kids not being able to play on Malden fields but now the real agenda is very clear. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

MVCParent---I support Charter Schools but do not support the Management of this School to many Family and Relatives on the Management Team. Look I bet if the Kinnons stop working at the School it would be looked at in a better educational atomsphere.

Too Many Backroom deals with This mayor and the City Council concerning this School. No other city work this way with Charter

Schools they have a higher standard in the Communities they are in

not like in Malden where residents disapprove of what is going on.

Teachers will teach at the highest level but when management of

this school is corrupt it affects the community as a whole.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tornado1956. Show Tornado1956's posts

In 2009 you were not thrilled at all with Deb Fallon, for delerving the residents FALSE HOPE. She spoke many of times about PATY being eliminated, Residents Voices to be heard, Residents being able to attened more meetings and not having so many closed meetings and so on and so on. I recall you being frustrated with her months later because she did a lot of talking, however never stepped up to the the plate quite like she said she would. How has Deb Fallon, changed? What has she done for the City Of Malden, that has been so outstanding?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Null----Both Candidates have done nothing to improve this city or change the way The council thinks and works.Deb fallon biggest asset his her Public Safety Issues concerning the Firefighters but has not shown leadership in any other areas. Gary is like a trained Monkey he only speaks when the Mayor tells him and Votes the way
    Mayor tells him ---This week both candidates were given information that was about the Firefighters and the repairing of the equipment that they use on a daily basis.  This city council received documents
    and an E-mail showing how this equipment could be fixed plus have
    equipment donated to the Firefighters but this Council and Mayor have not responded to the E-Mails and documents sent to them.
    I have copies of all the material sent to them plus e-mails and hope
    they ask to see it because I feel it is a Problem in city hall when
    material is sent to the Mayor & City Council it disappears.
    I care for this city and it's Public Safety they do not, call your Councilor and ask them why.
    Also tell them I am  starting an Occupy Malden Movement this should be a fun time.  Tell your friends contact me on facebook/pages
    have over 250 people involved right now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GetActive. Show GetActive's posts

Hey Driver, I looked up your Occupy Malden page and I didn't see 250 people, more like 3!

And I wouldn't be so quick to call GC a trained monkey. He's the ONLY one of the councillors who give a fair and respectful listen to your rants and actually responds to your emails.

Why don't you show a little respect for the only person in Malden who isn't ready to lock you in a padded cell?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

LOL. Drive, maybe if you change the name of sender, your info might not end up in a round file.