FALLON DRAWS A HUGE CROWD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

Re: FALLON DRAWS A HUGE CROWD

Ok. Whatever. Still waiting for an answer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

In Response to Re: FALLON DRAWS A HUGE CROWD:
    [QUOTE]Here's one thing Gary DIDN'T do during his first term: Announce he was going to run for mayor!
    Posted by Julii[/QUOTE]
    HAHAHA!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GetActive. Show GetActive's posts

I can tell you what Gary did during his first term....

Brought full transparency to the way citywide appointments were handled. They were advertised and interviewed for instead of just rubber stamped. Which by the way Gary took a lot of heat on this issue from some of the more senior members of the council but he stood tall against them and EARNED their respect.

Put together ward based email tree to imporove communication with his constituens, it now has over 600 names and his monthly newsletters are posted on this website each month;

Formed Ward 1 committee to bring events to his neighborhood that would build community spirit. That committee also was responsible for the parade committee that brought back Parade of Holiday Traditions every November

Served as Chairmen of Finance Committee

Put himself through law school and passed the bar exam in 2005 on the first try all the while managing a $60 million budget for the Sheriff's office.....

Need I go on MaldenBlueSkies or did that answer your question?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

Thank you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Julii. Show Julii's posts

thank you...and....? I believe it's your turn, now!

One thing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GetActive. Show GetActive's posts

Oh and he also started the neighborhood sweeps where he got out on the streets every Saturday with his volunteers to clean the neighborhood. They picked up trash, cut back weeds, cleaned storm drains.....all in the name of neighborhood pride.

This is fun MaldenBlueSkies, the more I think of it, the more stuff I come up with the Gary did in his first term on the council.

Thanks for asking the question. Now maybe you can do the same for Fallon and (as you said) lets compare apples to apples.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]Ok. Whatever. Still waiting for an answer.
    Posted by maldenblueskies[/QUOTE]

I am going to look up a letter that Gary sent to his constituents during his first term which he outlines all he did during his first year and get back to you on this.  He was VERY active which is not surprising, and he updated the people in his ward with this letter, again, not surprising!
    Gary is a true community leader.  
    Hang tight- I will post after I dig it up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FALLON DRAWS A HUGE CROWD : I am going to look up a letter that Gary sent to his constituents during his first term which he outlines all he did during his first year and get back to you on this.  He was VERY active which is not surprising, and he updated the people in his ward with this letter, again, not surprising! Gary is a true community leader.   Hang tight- I will post after I dig it up.
    Posted by Educatedmaldonian[/QUOTE]

Credit where it's due, I will acknowledge that Gary is the ONLY current councillor who routinely updates the populace with his Ward 1 Newsletter and ensures that it's published here. I know more about his ward than I do any other - including my own!

That, FTR, is not a "bash" specifically on Fallon. More of a footnote and poke to ALL city councillors (including those At Large!).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

He does make a great ward councilor. I agree with hellgirl he puts the other ward councilors to shame.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

Yeah,

I wish my ward (7) councilor did the things that Gary is doing for his constituents, it just shows GC has the pulse of the community and knows how to connect with his constituents, by being so pro-active.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

anotherman: At one point I offered to maintain a ward presence on the web and help with drafting things like Gary's newsletter for ward 6. I was told such a presence was already in the works and no help was needed. That was like...2 years ago? Guess it's still in the works. Or whatever.

ETA: I hit post too soon. Anyway, at this point, I couldn't care less and no longer have the time nor the inclination. I know my ward well enough now to know what's "important" and what's not and I wash my hands of all of it. Just one more year...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

[QUOTE]anotherman: At one point I offered to maintain a ward presence on the web and help with drafting things like Gary's newsletter for ward 6. I was told such a presence was already in the works and no help was needed. That was like...2 years ago? Guess it's still in the works. Or whatever. ETA: I hit post too soon. Anyway, at this point, I couldn't care less and no longer have the time nor the inclination. I know my ward well enough now to know what's "important" and what's not and I wash my hands of all of it. Just one more year...
    Posted by hellgirl[/QUOTE]

hellgirl:

Like another poster commented earlier, Malden is lucky to have wonderful people like you residing in it, unfortunately, the favor is not returned.

I don't blame you for not devoting more of your time and energy to improving the community, as you need to do what needs to be done to take care of your family, your child and see to it that you all live a better life in a better environment.

Oh, and to give you an update on my situation: the plan is in the works to relocate my family out of Malden by the end of this year, as I've found another place with much better surroundings...

Stay focused on your plan, hellgirl, best of luck and I know you will succeed in placing your family in a better situation... You are a very nice person and deserve the best for yourself and your family! Laughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]He does make a great ward councilor. I agree with hellgirl he puts the other ward councilors to shame.
    Posted by maldenblueskies[/QUOTE]

He is using this same model city wide.  He has not lost any of his drive or dedication- he has only made his circle wider and wider across the city.

And.....he has a thousand pictures to prove it! Ha- "snarky" on my own candidate.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

anotherman: Wow. I can't believe you'll be gone so soon! Congratulations on finding a place already though. I'm sure it's well earned and well deserved.

It's too bad we're losing you as well. I think you and I could have got along quite well IRL and maybe done more to change things? Or maybe not.

Either way, thanks for such kind words and words of encouragement too. :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

anotherman---I tried getting things done in Ward 7 and have done some things my neighbors had concerns with, I will help anyone who
    needs help and try to find answers to why things have not been done. Look at Corner of Essex St & Henry st the area around catch basin was not fixed for over six weeks than i made phone calls and
    it was done correctly by Charles construction Co. Than there was the area on ferry St & Belmont St that was fixed after phone calls
    now I am trying to have the Fire Box on Corner of Henry & Mills St
    fixed and the double pole removed, Than there was the house at 119Henry St which again the neighbors ask the councilor for help but
    it seemed it went on deaf ears than i wrote/sent an E-Mail to the
    board of Health three days later the people who own the house
    cleaned everything up. I will help as long as I can but I have other
    commitments pertaining to my health and Family. I care for my neighbors and the streets around us and will do everything to keep

them clean and safe.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

[QUOTE]anotherman---I tried getting things done in Ward 7 and have done some things my neighbors had concerns with, I will help anyone who needs help and try to find answers to why things have not been done. Look at Corner of Essex St & Henry st the area around catch basin was not fixed for over six weeks than i made phone calls and it was done correctly by Charles construction Co. Than there was the area on ferry St & Belmont St that was fixed after phone calls now I am trying to have the Fire Box on Corner of Henry & Mills St fixed and the double pole removed, Than there was the house at 119Henry St which again the neighbors ask the councilor for help but it seemed it went on deaf ears than i wrote/sent an E-Mail to the board of Health three days later the people who own the house cleaned everything up. I will help as long as I can but I have other commitments pertaining to my health and Family. I care for my neighbors and the streets around us and will do everything to keep them clean and safe.    
    Posted by Driver54[/QUOTE]

Charles is contracted to the city. They do not listen to peoples calls. Anderson or the Mayor had to have got them to repair the area. Stop acting like Anderson does nothing. You are mad because he has a big boat. You are mad because he hates your ideas (Building a dome over malden). You do not have pull over Charles construction. TRUST ME ON THAT.

I tell you what Driver. Show us the invoice of one project Charles did for YOU and ONLY YOU!!! Just one. Because I know for a FACT, the city made the move not you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Pats2012---I called and sent information on the area and than contacted the proper departments and within a week it was repaired.  Also it was the same on the Property at 119 Henry Street
    the neighbors complained and I told them I send an e-mail to the
    Board of Health --within 3 days the property was being cleaned up.
    I only know what I did --if it was me or the mayor or Councilor okay
    but why it take them 7 weeks to fix the area in the way it should of been. Like i said in the Last post  Your a Fool and I am playing you
    like a YOYO  and I am having fun!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Your a fool who could not get one signature.

Do this for me. Its fun. Put your hand infront of your face, palm facing out. Lower your pinky and ring finger. Then your index finger. Thats for you.

I know you did it. I can feel it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1775andStillaDemocrat. Show 1775andStillaDemocrat's posts

You know as I read these posts, it is good to see that we are starting to discuss what each candidates strength and weakness are as we get closer to the Election. Obviously if you want formal education and how Malden operates, Gary is the clear choice. If you want a person that might provide balance government, without alot of experience. Then, Deb's the selection to make when you check of the name on the ballot in November. 

Want a worker it's Gary, an advocate for an open mic at the council for the people to speak without sponsorship by the British style Malden City-House of Lords? Deb is your candidate...

Want the bag modified? They both might be your choice, however is it just a campaign ruse and a baseless campaign promise by each candidate to change it? Who knows.....

Want an insider that government supports? It's Gary...someone that responds to personal requests, in any communication form-it is Gary.

Some one that will counterbalance a possible strong Council led by Kinnon if he wins re-election? That's Deb....

Flip flip flip that coin........outside money to support your campaign? Which one of these candidates has more of it? Do your research and figure it out.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

1775andStillaDemocrat---Question to you i asked why it took so long for the Mayor to agree to hire 10 firefighters now, 10 weeks after being award the grant on July 1st? Next question why it take the Fire Chief till this week to ask for a list of eligible candidates.?
    "Revere and other cities requested their list as soon as they knew they awarded the Grant" Should someone in city hall( Human Resources) of had this list once Malden was announced as a Grant
    winner?
    Maybe you can get these questions answered because i feel this is
    a power play by the Mayor and the person he is backing for Mayor.
    Finally--wonder if Charlie T is worrying a bit after the sentence that
    Sal DiMasi received maybe the Mayor should be worrying too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Maybe you should be worried driver. Maybe you should call city hall and ask these questions. Maybe you should stop asking people to ask questions for you. Maybe it is because the clerks hang up on you when they hear it is you. Maybe the city officals ignore your emails. MAYBE. Maybe the Red Sox hate YOU!!!

I think you should get off your double humps and do this yourself and stop asking people to do it. MAYBE just MAYBE you will get some answers. Because MAYBE the people are sick of your MAYBES and dumb posts.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from buddykerr. Show buddykerr's posts

the phrase 'taking away roosevelt park from our poorest citizens' keeps popping up.fact- the park was NEVER going to be taken away. it is a public park. it was going to be renovated. the charter school was going to assist the city in paying for the rehab. in return they would be assured of use for their programs. why would they pay big money if they would be told after work was finished, they could not use it?  they wanted after school in the afternoons during the week. this is when schools play their schedule. this is not prime time. maldens youth programs play at night, after school hours. in most cases it's the same kids. where are the 'poorest kids'. are you talking about the projects on newland street , and lisbon st?  before they walk to roosevelt park they have to pass miller park, lincoln commons, maplewood park, tartikoff park, and kierstead park. then they have to cross route 60 to get to roosevelt park. these 'poor' kids were not losing anything. get your facts straight.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

Buddy

You are WRONG. The poorest kids in Malden attend the Salemwood School.  FACT:72 percent of the children are low income. 
                FACT: A large portion of the population live in the surrounding low income housing complexes.  
                FACT: The construction alone would have taken away recess for 1300 children for 6 months to a year. 
                FACT: This deal was crafted by the MVRCS/Neil Kinnon, the Mayor, Mr. Toomajian, and the MRA out of the public view. 
                FACT:  The time alloted was for 20 years during prime usage time slots.

FACT:  Federal funds were being used which was ultimately not allowed.

As a side note.  GARY kept silent on this deal.  FALLON was advocating for these children and all Malden residents on this sneaky deal. 

A deal cut for none other than the prestigious charter school who returns students to the Malden Public Schools when there are behavior problems and/or they have academic learning issues.  Then they have the audacity to say that their scores are so high.  Let's switch populations with the two districts and then do the testing. 

Nice try BUDDY!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Gary runs a ward. Deb runs at large. Sad part is Gary runs like he was the Mayor, and Deb does....what deb wants.
    FACT. Gary is the peoples advocate.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

Incorrupt: You forgot the part where there was a clause that if the city sold the park, the charter school would have first preference. Not like the city sells things like parks or fire stations, right? The Mayor refused to omit that clause.