FALLON DRAWS A HUGE CROWD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from buddykerr. Show buddykerr's posts

Re: FALLON DRAWS A HUGE CROWD

to incorruptibility--am i wrong?  FACT-a large portion of population live in surrounding low incomehousing complexes. i agree. my point was missed evidently. those kids have to by FIVE parks closer to them than roosevelt.they would lose no play time. FACT- the construction would have taken away recess for 1300 children even if the charter school did'nt exist. and what is that cavernous gym, biggest in greater boston, to be used for, if not recess during any construction. quite an alternative would'nt you say?FACT- the 'crafted' deal you talked about did positively NOT include your list. all construction "plans' are "created' at meetings before the public has a 'view'. FACT-- the twenty years that 'might have been allotted' was not prime time.  prime time is evenings and weekends, when the youth programs and adult sports programs take place. nobody except schools want afternoons. these other programs attain permits. this is their "lease".  it has been for FIFty years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

We are talking school children here, Buddy. Why not send the Little Leaguers to some of these other fields you talk of to put the fire station on city owned land at Trafton? There would be still enough room there to leave the tot lot where it is. The charter school deal was crafted behind closed doors without public input. On the surface it looked like a good deal but in fact was another land grab by the charter school. They would own that park in a few years with Gary as Mayor. How convenient to their new athletic facility. You aren't fooling anyone. Wake up and smell the corruption.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

In Response to Re: FALLON DRAWS A HUGE CROWD:
    We are talking school children here, Buddy. Why not send the Little Leaguers to some of these other fields you talk of to put the fire station on city owned land at Trafton? There would be still enough room there to leave the tot lot where it is. The charter school deal was crafted behind closed doors without public input. On the surface it looked like a good deal but in fact was another land grab by the charter school. They would own that park in a few years with Gary as Mayor. How convenient to their new athletic facility. You aren't fooling anyone. Wake up and smell the corruption.
    Posted by maldenblueskies

You do not know that for a fact. show facts what Gary will do then post it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

Gary did nothing to stop it. Kinnon, Gary, Nestor and Spadafora are the Four Amigos. Don't play dumb here. They are the status quo we want to change.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Oh so now 4 people did it. Make up your mind. Where do you get your info? DF meetings? Im sorry to bust them on you, but you honestly do not know what you are talking about.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

"status quo"
     "big names"
      "fresh start"
        "good ol' boy network"

The Fallon name is a big name that fit into the status quo for many many years. Electing DF will not bring a fresh start. It will bring a Malden that will no longer be liveable. Like I asked before.

HAS DEB FALLON SHOWN A PLATFORM ON HOW SHE WILL SAVE THE FIREMENS JOBS? WHERE WILL SHE GET THE MONEY?

No one can answer that here.
    why not? Because she has no plan at all. She is running off of a name. GC is running off of experience.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

Hey BUDDY

The gym at the Salemwood is used for GYM during the school day.  All day long.  No room for recess.

Check out the contract and see who signed it.  Mayor Howard, Toomajian, Kinnon's board member, and the MRA's chief honcho.

Sorry BUDDY.  Kinnon and his crew tried to steal a park from the poorest kids in our community with Howard and his criminally indicted special assistant Toomajian (all their kids go to MVRCS, shocking!).

Dirty deal by Malden's dirty deal makers. Where was GARY? Silent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from buddykerr. Show buddykerr's posts

to anyone who cares.  the roosevelt park situation happened long before the mayoral campaign began . gc is ward one councilman, not five where the school is.  he was busy taking care of bell rock and green st. parks; both in his ward. df is at large, and should of been involved with roosevelt.all the parks should be her concern.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from buddykerr. Show buddykerr's posts

and you are correct about recess being held during the day. it means abreak from class. they would still have use of the park for recess, as the charter school did'nt want the park until 4pm, long after your final bell. you read the contract.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

Gary did nothing to stop it. Kinnon, Gary, Nestor and Spadafora are the Four Amigos. Don't play dumb here. They are the status quo we want to change.

Deb has done NOTHING to start or stop ANYTHING since she has been in office what does that make her? Incapable of getting something done that's what.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

Gary is a Ward councillor.  Children from HIS WARD attend the Salemwood School.  Gary was silent. 

FALLON stands with Malden firefighters who have been trampled by the current administration which includes GARY. Gary remains silent.

FALLON stood with the citizens who opposed the lease/sale of thte Roosevelt Field to the regional charter school (which continues to use ONLY Malden parks when they draw from over 6 communities).  GARY was silent.

FALLON is not afraid to say that our new school building are in disrepair because of neglect and inadequate staffing.  GARY is silent.

FALLON is against the blue bag tax, the meals tax, and the parking tax.

FALLON opposes the switch to a CFO which won't solve any issues because without oversight. This change is nothing more than another highly paid position.

ADVOCATING for those who were and are ignored, disrespected, and trampled by our current administration is what FALLON has accomplished.

FALLON will not turn away from doing the RIGHT thing. 
    FALLON is the change MALDEN VOTERS are looking for.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

Buddy

Where would you like those 1300 students to have recess IF this deal went through during construction?  What would a fire drill look like? What would traffic look like?  School dismissing and sports events starting?

School dismisses at 3:30PM and 4PM is not long after that.  Malden Middle School has after school programs which use the field. 

FALLON was the ONLY truly vocal advocate. Gary was silent.

It was a dirty deal. End of story. A dirty deal which was going to benefit the elite charter school while taking away from the poorest kids in our community.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from buddykerr. Show buddykerr's posts

back to recess again.  i asked where would they go under any ordinary construction around the school? fire drill?  fire drill? that's a good reason to not renovate apark. there is no traffic on roosevelt park the middle school prorams using the field only happened when they found out the charter school wanted the park. they wanted a field that drained better to play on. i can't blame them. so, the deal that was'nt, prvented the park from being improved for use. it sits as is. pop warner, girls softball, youth soccer, and all the other malden kids who would have benefitted from the serious UPGRADE of roosevelt park, including 'the poorest kids in our community' , have who to thank for mosquito land?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

Hey BUDDY The gym at the Salemwood is used for GYM during the school day.  All day long.  No room for recess. Check out the contract and see who signed it.  Mayor Howard, Toomajian, Kinnon's board member, and the MRA's chief honcho. Sorry BUDDY.  Kinnon and his crew tried to steal a park from the poorest kids in our community with Howard and his criminally indicted special assistant Toomajian (all their kids go to MVRCS, shocking!). Dirty deal by Malden's dirty deal makers. Where was GARY? Silent.
    Posted by incorruptibility

Gary isn't able to "do nothing" That is Fallon MO.
    First you try and say he is just a "ward councillor" and did good in his ward, then you try and blame deals going on in other wards on him.  Get your stories straight and I do mean STORIES.
    Why can't you just list ONE THING FALLON has completed in her first term in office - JUST ONE! You are so focused on bashing the other candidate when what you should be doing is desperately trying to figure out something she has completed.  If she couldn't accomplish ONE thing in office how in the world is she going to be able to run the city?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

Cut it and slice it anyway you like.  It was a dirty, underhanded deal, crafted out of the eye of the public.

Yes Buddy, 600 kids line up on the field during a fire drill.

MVRCS thought they were going to link their new 10 million dollar athletic facility to the Roosevelt Park.  Another Kinnon move.

No, the middle school programs were taking place along with the after school programs long before this dirty deal was revealed and then squashed by people who have integrity.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

Why can't you just list ONE THING FALLON has completed in her first term in office - JUST ONE!

FALLON ACCOMPLISHMENTS-
    SHE'S NOT AFRAID TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT

FALLON stands with Malden firefighters who have been trampled by the current administration which includes GARY. Gary remains silent.

FALLON stood with the citizens who opposed the lease/sale of thte Roosevelt Field to the regional charter school (which continues to use ONLY Malden parks when they draw from over 6 communities). GARY was silent.

FALLON is not afraid to say that our new school building are in disrepair because of neglect and inadequate staffing. GARY is silent.

FALLON is against the blue bag tax, the meals tax, and the parking tax.

FALLON opposes the switch to a CFO which won't solve any issues of fraud because without oversight the same problems will surface. This change is nothing more than another highly paid position.

ADVOCATING for those who were and are ignored, disrespected, and trampled by our current administration is what FALLON has accomplished.

FALLON will not turn away from doing the RIGHT thing.
    FALLON is the change MALDEN VOTERS are looking for.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from newuser09. Show newuser09's posts

Gary is a Ward councillor.  Children from HIS WARD attend the Salemwood School.  Gary was silent.  FALLON stands with Malden firefighters who have been trampled by the current administration which includes GARY. Gary remains silent. FALLON stood with the citizens who opposed the lease/sale of thte Roosevelt Field to the regional charter school (which continues to use ONLY Malden parks when they draw from over 6 communities).  GARY was silent. FALLON is not afraid to say that our new school building are in disrepair because of neglect and inadequate staffing.  GARY is silent. FALLON is against the blue bag tax, the meals tax, and the parking tax. FALLON opposes the switch to a CFO which won't solve any issues because without oversight. This change is nothing more than another highly paid position. ADVOCATING for those who were and are ignored, disrespected, and trampled by our current administration is what FALLON has accomplished . FALLON will not turn away from doing the RIGHT thing.  FALLON is the change MALDEN VOTERS are looking for.
    Posted by incorruptibility

Have you lost your mind?  I am sorry but again (and I can not say it much anymore but I am usually not a poster but I am jumping out of my skin here)
    SILENT!  NOT A SNOWBALL"S CHANCE IN HELL!  Not going to go point by point but Gary Christenson is NOT someone who is silent!  AND none of the points you have made are anytime I have seen her take a lead on!  Salemwood Park (school committee and councilors --including Gary too offense) Firefighters! (tough for everyone but the health care issues was an issues for all--Gary worked to bridge the gap--everyone else took the city sponsored insurance and it has worked well for them and SAVED jobs) Schools!  WOW!!!  not only does she not know what staffing is she also wanted to take the 600K and probably every other dollar from the schools!  She is worried about the conditions!  As someone that is in the schools each and every day this is a SURPRISE to me and I have never heard her say this before----Gary on the other hand we had issues in our school called Gary and ti seemed like in the blink of an eye we got answers and solutions!  --- way before he was running for Mayor so not a political positon like others just doing the RIGHT thing!  AS he will do for the city!   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from buddykerr. Show buddykerr's posts

incorrupt.----it is quite obvious that after the give and take these past couple days, your main interest with roosevelt park was to keep the charter school away at all costs. it is evident that you are a teacher at the salemwood school. you have all the facts and figures of the students,etc. your defense is admirable. however to use your words, 'slice it and dice it', the fact remains, all you accomplished was depriving all the kids from malden, rich and poor, fromplaying on a brand new state of the art, athletic field. recess? traffic? fire drills? and all the other contrived excuses, were little more than smoke screen to hide the truth--hatre, no, dislike of everything the charter school stands for. unfortunately, a high price to pay. even you would admit those 600 kids of yours would rather be having recess on what could have been the new roosevelt park.  understand, i know from where you speak. and none, NONE, of this had anything to do with either gc, or df. nada. i'll not respond to anymore comments on this subject. i know the facts. was involved with the issue. wanted what was best for both of the schools as well as the citizens, and their children .i'll direct my efforts to other, also well-intentioned, projects. hopefully emotions will not prevent the next one from becoming a reality.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

Absolutely Buddy-Move on

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfd237. Show mfd237's posts

Of course when the school was built 10-11 years ago if the park had been done right and not incompetantly there would have been no need for the MVRCS to try to swoop in as savior of Roosevelt Park.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

Buddy: You keep neglecting the most important clause the Mayor refused to delete from the contract: no selling of the park to anyone. If you don't think if Gary becomes Mayor he wouldn't sell the park to his big supporter, Kinnon, you are krazy! This city sold a fire station BEFORE it built another one! We're still waiting for a new one after HOW MANY years? The pattern for this council is to sell its properties to balance a budget instead of doing a better job of managing its money. There is no reason to think this pattern would not continue with the current long time council members still running the city. Out with the old, in with the new! VOTE SEPTEMBER 13 FOR CHANGE!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

Blue, I have to admit, you make a lot of sense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

Buddy: You keep neglecting the most important clause the Mayor refused to delete from the contract: no selling of the park to anyone. If you don't think if Gary becomes Mayor he wouldn't sell the park to his big supporter, Kinnon, you are krazy! This city sold a fire station BEFORE it built another one! We're still waiting for a new one after HOW MANY years? The pattern for this council is to sell its properties to balance a budget instead of doing a better job of managing its money. There is no reason to think this pattern would not continue with the current long time council members still running the city. Out with the old, in with the new! VOTE SEPTEMBER 13 FOR CHANGE!!!

Guess I am KRAZY because Gary doesn't do anything until he checks in with the Citizens of Malden.  You can also put this "story telling" right along the other nutty rumors and guesses you were all making months ago.  Remember the one about the Mayor resigning and the Council President stepping down and back room deals to have Gary take the position?  
    MORE PARANOIA

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

active/educatedmaldonian: Past performance is a good indicator of future performance. You seem to be the one who keeps bringing up "rumors". I heard that one but it wasn't from the Fallon camp. You sound like none of what I said actually happened-no rumor there! Are you saying Gary can't lead without getting a committee to tell him what to do? This is what I am talking about. He doesn't stand up unless someone tells him to. He keeps quiet even when he knows something is wrong. He got angry he couldn't figure out how Deb was going to vote on the budget and got caught voting for a budget that still shortchanged our first responders. He demanded to know specifically what the ff's will speak on and "public safety" isn't a good enough answer for him. He needs to ask his committee how to respond to the ff's before they speak. It shows the contempt he also feels for our first responders. Maybe that's why Deb chose to stand with them and not those on the council who year after year have done nothing for these brave men and women. Shameful. No rumor there!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from buddykerr. Show buddykerr's posts

to malden blue skies----i'll try to explain this once. malden has an open space law requiring a certain percentage of the city must be kept GREEN. for recreational use. it MUST! that is why the buildings the city has sold, the belmont school, the glenwood school, the leonard school,that fire station , were all BRICK. no green. the forestdale, the linden the ferryway, the salemwood, all have the parks still standing adjacent. yes, some of the parks are changed dimension wise.that is why the city HAD to gather green space elsewhere to satisfy the state agency that the total percent of open space was not in anyway decreased. this was attained by the creation of lincoln commons, alarge open recreation space in the middle of the city  also, by turning a virtual wasteland behind old stuarts, and creating beautiful maplewood park.  along with a couple small delta , and the mdc giving the city  the fellsmere park area to maintain, the city ended up with a larger percent of open GREEN space than before the schools became a reality. so, no, i do not think either mayoral candidate has any intention of selling public park space to anyone.  the can't, unless they replace it with GREEN space somewhere else. you tell me in this city of 4-5 square miles, how much possible parkland remains.

Sections
Shortcuts