FALLON DRAWS A HUGE CROWD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

Re: FALLON DRAWS A HUGE CROWD

Hmmm...could that land in the Highlands area the Mayor hasn't yet signed off on be considered "green space"?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

In Response to Re: FALLON DRAWS A HUGE CROWD:
    [QUOTE]active/educatedmaldonian: Past performance is a good indicator of future performance. You seem to be the one who keeps bringing up "rumors". I heard that one but it wasn't from the Fallon camp. You sound like none of what I said actually happened-no rumor there! Are you saying Gary can't lead without getting a committee to tell him what to do? This is what I am talking about. He doesn't stand up unless someone tells him to. He keeps quiet even when he knows something is wrong. He got angry he couldn't figure out how Deb was going to vote on the budget and got caught voting for a budget that still shortchanged our first responders. He demanded to know specifically what the ff's will speak on and "public safety" isn't a good enough answer for him. He needs to ask his committee how to respond to the ff's before they speak. It shows the contempt he also feels for our first responders. Maybe that's why Deb chose to stand with them and not those on the council who year after year have done nothing for these brave men and women. Shameful. No rumor there!
    Posted by maldenblueskies[/QUOTE]

It really gets exhausting having to explain how things work to you guys all the time.  However, I will take a deep breath and continue.  Committees are set up to bring the word of the people to the government and it's councillors. I realize how this would be lost on the Fallon camp since she does whatever she wants (and the firefighter of course) without a care for what the citizens of Malden want.

UGH.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GetActive. Show GetActive's posts

[QUOTE]He does make a great ward councilor. I agree with hellgirl he puts the other ward councilors to shame.

MaldenBlueSkies, last week you openly admitted that Christenson puts the other ward coucillors to shame AND when your question about what he did in his first term was answered, it shut down your argument for Fallon to compare apples to apples BUT then you continue to slam him in subsequent posts.

Why? Why not give credit where credit is due and stop with all the spin?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]active/educatedmaldonian: Past performance is a good indicator of future performance. You seem to be the one who keeps bringing up "rumors". I heard that one but it wasn't from the Fallon camp. You sound like none of what I said actually happened-no rumor there! Are you saying Gary can't lead without getting a committee to tell him what to do? This is what I am talking about. He doesn't stand up unless someone tells him to. He keeps quiet even when he knows something is wrong. He got angry he couldn't figure out how Deb was going to vote on the budget and got caught voting for a budget that still shortchanged our first responders. He demanded to know specifically what the ff's will speak on and "public safety" isn't a good enough answer for him. He needs to ask his committee how to respond to the ff's before they speak. It shows the contempt he also feels for our first responders. Maybe that's why Deb chose to stand with them and not those on the council who year after year have done nothing for these brave men and women. Shameful. No rumor there!

Well, you are probably right about why she chose to stand with the firefighters, she is very childish.  A child crosses their arms and vows "not to play with" the person that made them mad!   Maybe she should have went over and stood with the boy scouts or girl scouts?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

active/educated: I'm not sure it matters if she gets along with the current status quo. Forgive me, but I have a feeling there is a wind of change coming to Malden. The polls closed 3 mins ago. I can't waiat to see what we have.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Julii. Show Julii's posts

It's a necessary SKILL to be able to work with others..... You can't ignore the other kids in the sandbox while holding public office if you want to be EFFECTIVE.

And that, Maldenbs, is common sense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Oh Happy Day.  Buddy don't bother trying to reason with Malden Blue's Clues.  Same person just a different handle.  Annie how'd that winds of change work  out for you last night.  Maybe you should start getting a clue that you are on an island all alone.  Have you gotten out of bed yet.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

MaldensVeryCrazySchizoparent: Thought I'd check in on these boards to see what the buzz is after the election and lo and behold it's you calling out for me! I have to admit I am disappointed in those who didn't come out and vote yesterday. My appreciation goes out to John and Bob who at least put their necks out to give us a choice. It takes a lot of guts to do that. Hopefully this won't be the last time we have a choice. I doubt I am on an island.

Hopefully, we can get more people to come out and vote instead of simply complaining. I have earned the right to complain because I voted. It's not always going to go my way but I was part of the process. Malden gets what it deserves if people don't come out and have their say. Bob Miller is right when he says city hall does not do its job to inform and urge people to get out and vote. That's where true wasteful spending comes in-paying people to sit there with no one coming out to vote. Maybe that's the way they want it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

AnnieOMalden----I thought Deb was a straight shooter but Tueday
    night she lied to my Face---I went to her office and dropped off
    an attachment I received Late Monday with an Overview of the President Job Bill which was not posted as of 6 Pm on Tueday because it was still being published for the Web. The Bill is 199 pages
    long and attachment is 2 pages and overview is @ 30 pages. She straight up told me she already read it which was a lie. than I asked
    her to read two sections on the attachment and again said she read it. when i asked what they mention she could not explain them which
    proved she is a liar and a phony. Today i dropped the same information to Christenson Office and kevin looked at it and said he
    will give it to Christenson later---he also read the attachment and was surprise at what was mentioned and feels christenson would use it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxed2much. Show taxed2much's posts

I thought you stopped posting? GO AWAY!!! ALLON DRAWS A HUGE CROWD

[QUOTE]AnnieOMalden----I thought Deb was a straight shooter but Tueday night she lied to my Face---I went to her office and dropped off an attachment I received Late Monday with an Overview of the President Job Bill which was not posted as of 6 Pm on Tueday because it was still being published for the Web. The Bill is 199 pages long and attachment is 2 pages and overview is @ 30 pages. She straight up told me she already read it which was a lie. than I asked her to read two sections on the attachment and again said she read it. when i asked what they mention she could not explain them which proved she is a liar and a phony. Today i dropped the same information to Christenson Office and kevin looked at it and said he will give it to Christenson later---he also read the attachment and was surprise at what was mentioned and feels christenson would use it.
    Posted by Driver54[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1775andStillaDemocrat. Show 1775andStillaDemocrat's posts

Educated you wrote:

It really gets exhausting having to explain how things work to you guys all the time.  However, I will take a deep breath and continue.  Committees are set up to bring the word of the people to the government and it's councillors. I realize how this would be lost on the Fallon camp since she does whatever she wants (and the firefighter of course) without a care for what the citizens of Malden want.

Thank you for the civics lesson on how Malden operates its City Council.

I have been pondering the past few days from the comments by the posters (I don't care what camp they represent) on why Deb does not (according to you and others) appear to work with the other members of the Council. Politically for her (my own opinion), if she does work with the establishment, she is part of the status quo/group think that corrupts our political process in our city. This is because many differing views are not heard by our elected officials. Maybe this will change with many council seats being turned over this year.

With her appearing to work on her own and remain independant, she sets herself up as an alternative candidate. One that will provide checks and balances in our city. In my opinion, we have none of that with a strong mayor and weak council. When the Election is over and the winner is announced, the people will decide what type of government they want for Malden. I think that you will agree with me that is what democracy is all about.

Did any of us think that maybe this is Councilor Fallon's campaign strategy? Which is to not be controlled or influenced by the establishment in our city? I would most definetly make a few changes to her campaign, but that's her campaign's right to conduct the race anyway that they see fit for the future of Malden.

Remember if you can't find a target, how can you hit it? Think of all the time and energy that people waste on here to defend or denegrade the other campaign-when they should be on the phone making calls or sending campaign literature out via snail mail or through the email list.

Now to the issue of standing by the fire fighters, how can anyone fault that on 9/11. She's demonstrating her loyalty and support for them. I have watched this devotion to her the past year and I wonder why more city workers do not demonstrate that same type of support to the other members of the council. Granted it does skew her agenda for that department, but no one has a doubt why she supports them. Do they? Yes there have been outside monies given to her by a National Fire Firefighter's Union because of her advocacy for the local department.

I do state, that I do not like it how all public service unions in our city, state and nation seem to think that its their collective right to receive a pay raise almost every year (ours lose salary with the increases in medical healthcare the past few years), when there are 14 million American's out of work and 18 million underemployed. When was the last time these people recieve any raise in salary? Did you see this week how the average American middleclass family makes less now ($22,000) then thirty years ago? People should feel fortunate that they have a job, and a 80% pension based on their last three years of service for the rest of their life, also with medical benefits. The average person in the private sector has watched their 401k value because of Wall Street and Corporate America greed see their savings for retirement bounce around like a ping pong ball since 2008. 

There are bigger issues in Malden and our nation to worry about, then who stands with whom on a day of rememberance. That day is my birthday and I will always be tied to the day, along with the people, families and first responders that die that day. I would hope that in death, life would get better for all of us. Petty bickering does not resolve anything in our city or the nation.

Peace

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

1775andstillademocrat---Your right that Malden has more important things to do than bicker on here but to make it a point by showing up at meetings and having your voices heard. Bob did you read any of the Job Bill or the attachment for Massachusetts-----This I feel

could be a start but to read the total bill would take a long time and

it would consume alot of paper and difficult to understand. The Overview is simpler and the massachusetts attachment is only 2 pages long but made sense. What disturb me was the lying that Ms
    Fallon did about reading these articles which was not yet published
    on the Web. If she read it she would be hollaring or preaching that the bill should be passed and than have Malden apply for the areas
    that Malden needs help with, Police, FireFighters, Teachers being hired and our streets and sidewalks and schools be upgraded.
    But not one word from her campaign which means she has not read
    any of the information I left at her Office.
    Again have you read these articles or not, and for unions they made
    America what it is but the cost is too high--Maybe the unions have to go back to basics and eliminate all the officers and governing bodies that make the cost higher.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Maybe she is smart enough to know your a wacko too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Pats2012----Why don't you read the overview or the Massachusetts
    attachment---lets see what you see and read ------
    at same time look at CNN.COM and search high school ranking accross the nation and see where Malden high and Mystic Valley
    Charter School is on that list.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

why dont you do it yourself. Why do you tell people to do things that they do not want to do? That why you went to jail?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

Wrong Again.  Fallon herself came up with that one.  Look back in the bostonglobe articles where she states she heard about Gary fixing the election.  Sounds crazy doesn't it? But that is who you actually want for Mayor.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Oh if Gary wins, Annie and all her zombies will call for a new election. IT WAS FIXED, SHE SAW PEOPLLE IN GC SHIRTS SNEAKING OUT BOXES, AFRICAN AMERICANS WERE TURNED AWAY. They will take a page out the 2000 election.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Aw, what happened Patsy? Were you having a nightmare that Deb won the election and woke up at 3:45am to post here? You must be tired of picking on driver so you are now picking on me?

Sure I would be disappointed if Deb doesn't win but you mistake the Fallon supporters as being without the class to accept the VOTERS' choice. If the voters choose to continue with the same people who are running this city into the ground, it's their choice. If they choose to elect someone who is so ingrained into the good old boys network, it's their choice.

At least I can feel I gave my efforts to change this city and instead of compaining and sitting behind a keyboard, I got out and did something! At least, I feel there was a CHOICE for Mayor and a CHOICE for my ward and a CHOICE for At-Large councilor. I can live with the decision of the people. I can shake my head but the political system of democracy won. All those lives who have fought for our freedom to have this CHOICE were not in vain. Malden will get what it deserves on election day, whoever that is. I have made my choice and you have made yours. It is not necessary for you to disrespect our CHOICE by calling us zombies and whatever ridiculous spew that comes from you and the others from your camp. How about trying to show a little class and we can discuss the real issues we have in this city? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

So lets get this strait.  Anyone that Annie O isn't for is part of the good ole boys network and running the city into the ground.  Amazing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

So if annie O isn't for you you're part of the good ole boys network and running the city into the ground.  Amazing

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

isn't it is well said.  She has the bead on everyone who is good or bad. Just believe her is what you should do.  Shame on you MVparent for doubting it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

These are the same people who claim to be "for the people" they should have clarified and said they are "for their own people"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Now you're catching on! Who has been running this city all these years? We need change and those who have been there have not brought it. If the voters choose to keep the same people in charge, then why would we expect anything different? We need fresh blood in this admin and council.

It hasn't been working for the citizens the way it is going now. This city has so much untapped potential. All the current admin wants to do is build more apartments! Over 200 apartments are being proposed on the old Super Fitness site. There is a request to change the ordinance for parking spots for a building just to accommodate this building plan. Most of the council was on board and it wasn't until the citizens caught wind of it to put a stop to it was it tabled. If it could have slid by, they would be breaking ground for that now! A ball field at the National Grid site? For what - 60 games (if that) a year? How about a real development like Station Landing? We have a T stop that only attracts the druggies to come in and do their thing at the drug treatment centers we also seem to attract. You would never know the police station is right across the street. Just ask the junkie that broke into the Mayor's car in the garage under the police station! Yes, I am tired of the same old, same old and sorry if the shoe fits but we need a champion for the people, not the friends and family.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]Now you're catching on! Who has been running this city all these years? We need change and those who have been there have not brought it. If the voters choose to keep the same people in charge, then why would we expect anything different? We need fresh blood in this admin and council.   It hasn't been working for the citizens the way it is going now. This city has so much untapped potential. All the current admin wants to do is build more apartments! Over 200 apartments are being proposed on the old Super Fitness site. There is a request to change the ordinance for parking spots for a building just to accommodate this building plan. Most of the council was on board and it wasn't until the citizens caught wind of it to put a stop to it was it tabled. If it could have slid by, they would be breaking ground for that now! A ball field at the National Grid site? For what - 60 games (if that) a year? How about a real development like Station Landing? We have a T stop that only attracts the druggies to come in and do their thing at the drug treatment centers we also seem to attract. You would never know the police station is right across the street. Just ask the junkie that broke into the Mayor's car in the garage under the police station! Yes, I am tired of the same old, same old and sorry if the shoe fits but we need a champion for the people, not the friends and family.
    Posted by AnnieOMalden[/QUOTE]

Change is needed, that is for sure!  Christenson is that change.  If I saw anything that Fallon has completed or enacted for change since she has been in office, I may buy she wants some change.  Example: claiming to be "for" having the public speak at council meetings, yet not sponsoring a paper or anything to get it done.  There is a long line of these types of promises, but nothing gets accomplished.  This is time for people who get results.  I agree with you on a couple of things, we do need change, and we do need people who are for hiring qualified personnel and not friends or family.  
    Gary Christenson feels the same way.  This is why he brought about the new committee on nominations so nobody could not be hand picked.  They must present before the entire council and be interviewed and all is read to the public at meetings so the citizens are aware.  This is why he voted twice against hiring Simonneli (sp?) 
    Gary is the people's advocate.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from buddykerr. Show buddykerr's posts

listen annie o- this is'nt any old park proposal. this is for pro-baseball. we are talking a 7000 seat ballpark. just think how many people would be employed to run this park. just think how many people would come to eat in malden before the game, or after. would they fill the parking garages along the route 60 corridor to see the game? while here, purchase from the adjacent stores and business'.  they could come by bus, by t, or walk from some of the closer neighborhoods. does the word prestige come into play? eat your heart out melrose, medford, everett, etc. in addition, i believe the plan includes malden high school getting a locker room for both their baseball team, and football team in the fall. how will this make the teens and their families feel, to utilize such a state of the art facility? further plans for nearby colleges, emerson tufts suffolk, m.i.t., to use park are already being discussed. this project, when completed, is a probable vehicle  for concerts, festivals, and an assortment of other than athletic events , for the citizens of malden.  just a park? i think not. if done right this is a major win-win. keep your fingers crossed it comes to fruition.