FALLON DRAWS A HUGE CROWD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Re: FALLON DRAWS A HUGE CROWD

In Response to Re: FALLON DRAWS A HUGE CROWD:
    [QUOTE]Aw, what happened Patsy? Were you having a nightmare that Deb won the election and woke up at 3:45am to post here? You must be tired of picking on driver so you are now picking on me?   Sure I would be disappointed if Deb doesn't win but you mistake the Fallon supporters as being without the class to accept the VOTERS' choice. If the voters choose to continue with the same people who are running this city into the ground, it's their choice. If they choose to elect someone who is so ingrained into the good old boys network, it's their choice.   At least I can feel I gave my efforts to change this city and instead of compaining and sitting behind a keyboard, I got out and did something! At least, I feel there was a CHOICE for Mayor and a CHOICE for my ward and a CHOICE for At-Large councilor. I can live with the decision of the people. I can shake my head but the political system of democracy won. All those lives who have fought for our freedom to have this CHOICE were not in vain. Malden will get what it deserves on election day, whoever that is. I have made my choice and you have made yours. It is not necessary for you to disrespect our CHOICE by calling us zombies and whatever ridiculous spew that comes from you and the others from your camp. How about trying to show a little class and we can discuss the real issues we have in this city? 
    Posted by AnnieOMalden[/QUOTE]

And you show class with your attacks and rumors? Browne Jr High has more class then you and they are gone. You have to be one of the biggest babies in the city when things do not go your way. You have been like this for years. You are not trying to better the city. You are trying to get back at Kinnon for something he did to you. It is all about Kinnon with you.

Now you guys are playing dirty. More names are coming on here with the same IP numbers. Starting lies that the papers are starting to cover. Like the debate date on how Gary set it up and did not tell no one. You know thats BS. Thinks you all tell the people while out going to door to door. Having the Sex Offender vigilante group help MAKE A CHANGE FOR A SAFER MALDEN.

Your big nose is so far far up Debs behind you can smell the crap she says. Im done with it.

I do not fear DF getting into office. I know GC will. While DF was off milking cows in NH and trying to run a campaign for CAT in Swampscott, the "GOOD OL BOYS" where here in MALDEN busting there tails off trying to combat crime, make new parks to keep kids off the streets, and work on a budget that was going down the drain. And we are still standing!!! They did pretty darn good. You can bash the city all you want. But what do you do other then the Blue bags? YOU CRIED AND COMPLAINED.

Dont talk to me about respect. I can go on and on about you and what you have done for the past 5 years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

buddy: When I first heard of this project I was excited about it. As a concession worker I could see the opportunity for jobs of many different typesbeing available for people as there are many people necessary to run an operation like that. The problem as I see it is there is not enough good jobs created here.

An event driven facility is at the mercy of obviously, the ability to host profitable events. Do you have any idea the competition out there? The Pavilion in Southie holds 5,000 and the Garden holds 19,000. Both those places compete with the South Shore Music Tent, CitiWang Centre and Comcast Center. The House of Blues holds 2500 along with the Orpheum and places like the Agganis arena to mention a few who all compete for the limited amount of events out there. Without a dome, this place will be unusable for how many months during the winter?

With the upcoming renovation of the South Maplewood park, Pine Banks and the charter Athletic Facility how many parks do we need? What about MacDonald Stadium? Didn't we pour a bundle of money into renovating the Jenkins Auditorium?

As far as colleges like Emerson, Tufts and MIT being interested in using our facilities, I don't believe that either. It would be awesome if we could count on that kind of support and participation. Have you visited these schools? Only Emerson is on the Orange line. They don't play football and have a baseball field near campus. Unfortunately, unless you can show me signed contracts, that is only a discussion and wishful thinking.

We need more local shopping. Real stores. Not dollar stores. Real year round jobs. Jobs where the people come in, spend a few dollars and go home somewhere else on the T.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Patsy: You're still grumpy since you didn't get much sleep and were posting comments at 3:45am! No bm today either? When you bash me, I know you're not able to stick to the issues I raise and want me to stop. I don't care if you don't think I do anything or if all I do is complain. Seems to me, once the citizens started to wake up and start complaining, changes started being made here. I know you like things the way they are. I am sure many of your friends are in those cushy little "consultant" jobs this city pays a bundle for. Or about to get those jobs. If Gary gets in he claims he will put the entire budget online for people to look through and Deb feels the same - either candidate, I win again! It just comes down to who I trust more. DEB FALLON FOR MAYOR!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

BuddyK---The Park is foolish because it will take at least 5 years for it to be started and finished, than find someone or teams to play there, and who will pay the expense of building it. Than you have Traffic Problems , Crime , etc. who pays for that security.

AnnieOMalden----Deb Fallon is a One Issue Candidate and she Failed

on that one but her supporters are blind or do not understand the

process, First--when the city was awarded the Safer Grant neither her or Gary made any noise on why it was taking so long to hire the

Firefighters --SOLUTION  could of been an emergency council meeting to bring the mayor infront of them and explain why itis taking so long. Than the Chief two weks ago is ask the civil service for the list of names available for hiring 10 firefighters. My Question is why wasn't that list available immedately not 11 weeks

later--Where were the Candidates on this not one word, all the other cities had this list available the week they got the award. This is the   same old game bowing to the Mayor or we are on Vacation everything can wait till September. This not a way to Run a city but

when the City Council is as corrupt as the Mayor's office nothing

changes not even the candidates for Mayor.

Public Safety is not important to this City or its residents only thing

they care about is their friends.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1775andStillaDemocrat. Show 1775andStillaDemocrat's posts

Buddy you wrote: listen annie o- this is'nt any old park proposal. this is for pro-baseball. we are talking a 7000 seat ballpark.

This is not the minor league level baseball, affiliated with Major Laegue Baseball- like Pawtucket or Portland. Those communities will never let them go to another New England city. The Northern and Independant Leagues, all seek a geographic area, where baseball is not a major focus in the area. Where is Fenway Park, again? This is also baseball and Red Sox nation.

I do believe that a domed multipurpose athletic/convention/event facility would be more appropriate for the community and the other entities that you mention in your post.

This is so when the minor league, unaffiliated team that might not draw well here after a few years. Does not leave us with a white elephant that we have only a few uses for it. Sell us on that and more people will support it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

[QUOTE]listen annie o- this is'nt any old park proposal. this is for pro-baseball. we are talking a 7000 seat ballpark. just think how many people would be employed to run this park. just think how many people would come to eat in malden before the game, or after. would they fill the parking garages along the route 60 corridor to see the game? while here, purchase from the adjacent stores and business'.  they could come by bus, by t, or walk from some of the closer neighborhoods. does the word prestige come into play? eat your heart out melrose, medford, everett, etc. in addition, i believe the plan includes malden high school getting a locker room for both their baseball team, and football team in the fall. how will this make the teens and their families feel, to utilize such a state of the art facility? further plans for nearby colleges, emerson tufts suffolk, m.i.t., to use park are already being discussed. this project, when completed, is a probable vehicle  for concerts, festivals, and an assortment of other than athletic events , for the citizens of malden.  just a park? i think not. if done right this is a major win-win. keep your fingers crossed it comes to fruition.
    Posted by buddykerr[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldengal. Show Maldengal's posts

[QUOTE] This is not the minor league level baseball, affiliated with Major Laegue Baseball- like Pawtucket or Portland. Those communities will never let them go to another New England city. Posted by 1775andStillaDemocrat[/QUOTE]

How do you know that?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Maldengal------Take your head out of the sand, ballpark will take 5
    years to put in Place, than to have concerts it will need ability to hold more that 20,000 concert goers. Please the property could be used as a full time economic business site.
      Arenella for Ward 7 councilor---voice for Ward 7
      A Voice for the Citizens of Malden:

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1775andStillaDemocrat. Show 1775andStillaDemocrat's posts

Maldengal:

Dec 21, 2010 –
    Is Malden the future home of an independent league baseball team? A group of investors led by Alexander Bok think they can build a ...

Read the rest:

http://malden.patch.com/articles/play-ball-will-baseball-have-a-new-home-in-malden

Baseball, I know that sport very well and we are getting a possible loser right from the start. Take a look at the cities in these leagues and the top ones, draw between 3,500 to 4,500 without any Major League city within 20-50 miles from them. This is why I am not opposed to it, heck there are businesses in my opinion already making plans for it. We as a community, should really question what resources are given to this project, as the whole community would benefit more from a mult-pupose, domed facility.

Baseball in the inner-city, urban setting, is dead. Malden Little League is down to two leagues of 250+ players, when 10 years ago there were 1600+ kids in four programs. I operated one of them as President. Then took the girls softball from them with their blessing, to create an all-city program of 475 ball players-those numbers are now half. The other cities around us have the same issues with the sport.

Have fun reading the story and think about who is benefitting from this project.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KaysieMae. Show KaysieMae's posts

If we can't staff the police department now, how will we ever be able to staff police outside and inside a sporting facility for crowd control, traffic, etc.  You would be tying up Route 60, the very main interchange, into Malden.  Can you imagine traffic with a major event?  You might as well just cut off Malden from doing any kind of business just like City Hall cutting off Pleasant Street!  Put it down by the river by the DPW in that open space.  Someone should have their head examined on this new venture! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

KaysieMae:

I agree with your opinion, however, I am totally opposed to having a ballpark, period, in Malden altogether. I think there are better plans to help revitalize downtown Malden, without resorting to this particular project, and I've shared my concerns with my ward councilor on this issue, and hopefully, this project never sees the light of the day.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GetActive. Show GetActive's posts

Anotherman: is there something else, besides the ballpark, you would like to see built in that spot instead?