Fallons Exp in Schools?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Fallons Exp in Schools?

I would like to know, how much exp does Fallon have with the schools? Gary has many years exp. And between the two of them as Mayor I would trust Gary over Deb to run the Schools as Mayor.

So I ask, does Deb have ANY exp with the schools?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

Re: Fallons Exp in Schools?

that's why there's a school committee i think...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

the mayor is the chairman

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

point being one person doesn't set policy...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

Yes. The answer is yes.  She has dealt extensively with the budget.  She is in contact with teachers, parents, and administrators concerning our schools and the issues they face on regular basis.

Gary is a groomed candidate, not a better candidate. 

He will be greatly influenced and supported by the current administration and councillors who have been in office during  embezzlement of taxpayer funds, corruption by his boss and supporter at the sheriff's dept, embezzlement charges by the FBI of the mayor's special assistant and crafter of the Roosevelt Park underhanded deal, other secret back room deals out of the public eye, the bonding of pet projects, all the while our infrastructure has been falling apart depleting public safety and quality of life in Malden.

Councillor at Large Fallon has the experience to run all aspects of this city with transparency, honesty, and integrity.  She has the determination to bring this city back to a great community of working class people.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

1. What extensive budget dealings has she had with this city?

2. How does contact with schools/parents/teachers equate to experience? I can contact people too and I can give platitudes as well, but it doesn't mean I have a history of understanding and working with the system or a track record of issue resolution.

I'm not attacking your response, but I am raising the same questions I've been raising for a while so I can learn more about Ms. Fallon. Nothing I've seen so far has shown me that she's budget savvy, education system savvy, response savvy or anything else.

Obviously, no one is awesome out of the gate. She's a junior councilor with no proven track record. And that's fine - as a councilor. We all have to start and learn somewhere. But that would have been like me pinning on my E-3 stripes and a year later demanding I be made an E-9. I may have learned a few things in that year and started honing certain skills, but it hardly qualifies me to be a Chief.

And I do agree with you on Christenson. He's groomed - not better.

But what is this experience Fallon supporters keep talking about? Nothing on her indicates ANY - and she's implemented zero changes so far for this city. Just a lot of talk.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Talk all Fallon is is talk.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

I am very involved in the public school systems and know of nothing that Deb Fallon has done to help the schools.

Goindown says "one person doesn't set policy" you are correct and that is what truly worries me about Fallon.  She alienates everyone and cannot work within a team.  How will she set policy or get anything done with this type of personality?
    I have personally been on the other side of her wrath when you don't agree with her.  I know many, many people who have had the same experience, this is not a trait of a leader.
    I actually listened to her on her first campaign and liked what I heard at first.  However, true colors came out when having to actually deal with her and I was volunteering my time!  I ran as fast as I could in the other direction.

Call Gary groomed, but at least he can work with people to get things done. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from devilindisguise770. Show devilindisguise770's posts

Fallon spends plenty of time with constituents.  She is not only listening to the concerns of citizens, she is actually helping the citizens who are ignored, demeaned and demoralized by councillors who were voted in to serve the citizens and not their own agendas.

Fallon is listening and helping the Trafton Park Residents who received no help from any other councillor, including gary, despite their pleas, they were ignored.  Constituents with valid issues should be listened to.

Fallon helped stop the backroom deal which was ready to give away our parks.  No one on the council, including gary, had the guts to say this was wrong.

Fallon brought forth the deplorable conditions at the Maplewood Fire Station. No one on the council, including gary, did anything about this even when these conditions were well known for a long time.

Fallon has the guts to stand up against Kinnon and his network. Gary, on the other hand is part of that network. Gary is supported by Kinnon.

Fallon supports the children in our schools. 

Fallon has spent time listening and offering her support.

Fallon supports the teachers by supporting their dedication to our Malden students and their hard work. Fallon is supportive of municipal workers right to fair and equitable collective bargaining. 

She steps up to help the neediest school in the district when no other councillor EVER steps forward to help these kids.  Instead they turn their back along with the school committee member who no longer is allowed to be involved in the school they represent. You want to talk about wrath and payback for having an opinion.

Fallon is the sister of an educator and the daughter of parents who were both teachers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Julii. Show Julii's posts

devil, you're as credible as the National Enquirer!

To repeat, Fallon stood alone to fight to take away the money Set Aside For the Schools, for the Teachers and Students (the ones she supports). She called one of her meetings to fight giving the schools that money the council had set aside for them. She was the Only councillor to "forget" that this money was earmarked for the Schools (the ones she supports) and wanted to give it to the......guess who.....I'll give you one guess...the Firefighters. So, once again, yes, Fallon supports the firefighters, but that's about it. She Does Not support the schools, the teachers, or the students, as she Proved clearly with this stunt.

Having relatives that were teachers.......that's her experience in education?

Let's not even refer to the parks situation as helping the public schools, because we missed out on getting our park Cleaned Up due to Fallon and her "concerned citizens" handful that were so militant, but didn't bother to get All the Information, per usual! We could have had an improved park for Our kids to use, silly!

Devil, have you ever thought of reporting for the National Enquirer? I think with you samples on these blogs of lies and slander, you just might qualify for that "news" publication! Go for it!!

devil, you're setting such a poor example for your kids on these blogs. Very disappointing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

devilindisguise: With all due respect, you still haven't outlined any actual action taken. I support people too. I listen to people. I support the fire fighters, the schools, the municipal workers. But you say that in her role as councilor-at-large, her actions to assist these groups is simply by "supporting" them ("Fallon supports the teachers by supporting their dedication to our Malden students and their hard work.")

OK. Great. I support the teachers' dedication to our students too. So, how has this directly improved the lot of the schools, the teachers', and the education environment in Malden?

What has Fallon done? You still haven't answered that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

lies? slander? poor example for kids? really?.....he/she may not answered some questions...but was it malicious?  just their opinion, and in their mind, they're right so yes, let's insult them...talk about poor examples..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

So far I haven't seen anything about her actual experience with the schools, that was the question.
    Devil- "Fallon helped stop the backroom deal which was ready to give away our parks.  No one on the council, including gary, had the guts to say this was wrong."
    You have to keep in mind most of the stuff you write is your opinion.  Just because you this it was wrong, doesn't mean others do/did.
    These are not examples of something accomplished.  It's just examples of listening to people (which is good and her job), but until she accomplishes something to actually help them, it's nothing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

I still see no exp in schools.
    The question is not answered.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldengal. Show Maldengal's posts

I do believe that Fallon stands up to Kinnon, but it almost seems to be a personal thing at this point. Why is she only taking on issues in HIS ward? Have you noticed that???? Roosevelt Park, Maplewood Fire Station, Trafton Dog Park... it almost seems like she has some kind of vendetta against him. She seems to be continuously on the attack with him. I could be wrong and its only my opinion. What is she doing citywide? She is councillor at large and seems to be fighting with everyone on the council. What are the positives that she is doing? You can argue that the positives are that she got the firestation closed, or stopped the park from being sold, but I am talking about positives such as..... maybe volunteering at Bread of Life.... speaking at a school.... and kind of charity event.....cleaning up the river on earth day...  anything really. Thoughts?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from devilindisguise770. Show devilindisguise770's posts

Julii, Julii, Julii...you are so angry, namecalling, and very defensive.

Maldengal...A personal vendetta??? You are really grasping.  Kinnon supports Gary.  I would not want that support if I were Gary.

Do you call helping preserve our parks from being leased away not positive? No other elected official representing this school stepped up strongly to support the citizens who knew the effects such a lease would have on the poorest kids in our community. Not even the school committee member who represents this school because this person is not allowed in the building they represent. (FYI: Roosevelt is in Ward 5.)

Do you call helping individuals who have valid concerns surrounding the dog park not positive? These concerns are about noise nuisance, health issues, lack of neighborhood input and quality of life issues for these residents and for a resident abutter who is wheelchairbound and homebound due to disabiliti. Reaching out to these citizens is not positive?
    All other officials including Gary and their own ward councillor, Kinnon, shut them out. It's not politcally correct I guess to listen to the citizens and voters with valid concerns.

Do you call supporting our firefighters and closing down a dilapitated building which taxpayers are paying rent for is not positive?

Fallon has volunteered in the high school helping implement programs in the health classes dealing with relationship violence.

Fallon served on the board of the Bread of Life.

Fallon is a member of Zonta for years, a service organization.

Fallon has volunteered with the Citizen Schools program.

Fallon supports the MHS band as a councillor but also as a former band member.

Fallon has recognized and met individually with students raising funds for the American Cancer Society and the Jimmy Fund.

Fallon services citizens in our community on a daily basis who are faced with domestic violence.

Fallon is a PUBLIC SERVANT.  She is not a servant to the politicians who have run this city into a sad state of affairs.

Fallon stands up to Kinnon and his crew.  That takes guts.  Guts no one else has on this  council.  Instead they live in fear of his bully tactics.

Unlike her opponent, Fallon isn't looking for photo-ops by showing up at every activity to make the newspaper.  Instead she meets with citizens one on one.

Fallon leads with the voice of the people, the voters who voted her into office when she topped the ticket.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

You can argue:
    -That she got the firestation closed with a phony report that was all staged to say she did something.  Staged to  drive a wedge between people, using Charter School as the scapegoat.
    - That by getting the firestation closed before any real study was done she believed that  it would force the City to build a brand new Station making her a hero to the firemen.  Not a bad plan if it happens.  If it doesn't they will hate the day they met her when they sit in Revere for the next twenty years.
    - That if the city builds a new station she will have cost the taxpayers five to eight million dollars 
    -That she stopped Roosevelt Park from being completely renovated without a dime of city money, in order to stop Mystic Valley kids from being able to play two hours a day on that park in a lease deal. Pretended that the park was being sold. Total fake as she saw an opening which she could exploit with a faction of the population that hates MV.
    - When its all said and done she will have tricked the Firemen into believing in her like she tricked the trash bag foes into believing in her.  Once elected she will quickly come up with a story as to why her hands were tied and how she can't actually afford to build a new station.  She will scapegoat someone or something when that happens.
    - Has begun now begun to fight against the Trafton Park dog park as she see's another opening to exploit for her gain.  She might even help these people for now but once elected she will forget all about them.  And if she gets it closed for some technical reason to heck with all the dog owners and the kids on the baseball field they can go back to stepping in pop.
    - She will not be elected as the people of Malden are smarter than this and are beginning to tire of her act.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from devilindisguise770. Show devilindisguise770's posts

You are grasping at straws MVparent

All councillors except 2 Kinnon (MV chairman of the board) and Nestor AGREED that the fire station should be closed.

Roosevelt Park agreement was an illegal agreement using HUD funding improperly.  Leasing a park during prime time to a regional school (MVRCS) who uses no other park space in any other community except Malden. Malden is the poorest of their sending districts and the 6th most densely populated city in the state.  Taking advantage of the poor to build your park. Now that's ethical.

Trafton Park residents have valid concerns about noise, health, and quality of life of disabled abutters. 

Helping citizens is the JOB of a councillor.  A city official using their post for personal gain shows a lack of character.

What is the common thread here?  Kinnon.  He has a personal agenda and ignores the pleas of his constituents with an arrogant response.

Kinnon supports Gary.  Gary will be more of the same.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from voteforme. Show voteforme's posts

" A city official using their post for personal gain shows a lack of character."

So true!! That is why she won't be elected!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from voteforme. Show voteforme's posts

"Fallon leads with the voice of the people, the voters who voted her into office when she topped the ticket."

Actually, I heard that people thought they were voting for Chris Fallon, not Deb Fallon!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

phony reports, lol.....can't we just all agree that the nasty living conditions were real? after that argue all you want as to who did what..as for "sitting in revere for the next 20 years"....in the end if it is decided that the firefighters are to stay in overlook and no eastside station is to be built, well let's just say i think they will respond from wherever the higher ups decide, it may just take longer....remember, although i new station is needed on the eastside, it is manpower , and how fast that manpower gets on scene that is the deciding factor..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

going down swingin look at the post that says Grants---than call Ms
    Fallon and Mr Christenson and tell them both that there is Federal
    Funds for a new fire Station and to fix up the streets and sidewalks of this city. But read the Post it is educational;

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

You Gary supporters are getting very nasty and defensive with you namecalling.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from voteforme. Show voteforme's posts

incorrupt, look who's calling the kettle black!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

Still can't figure out why the gc supporters are always to obsessesed with an opponent that they keep proclaiming has no chance? 

Care to explain?

Sections
Shortcuts