Fallons Exp in Schools?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Re: Fallons Exp in Schools?

And who cares if Howard got the memo or not. We are talking about Gary vs Deb. Gary has more exp in the city plain and simple. More knowledge hands down. We need to vote in someone that can help the people. And Gary is the Peoples Advocate

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenrezident. Show maldenrezident's posts

WalkDon'tTrip: No, the Sherrif did not just bring the bus in according to the Mayor himself. He publicly thanked Gary for being instrumental in the Sherrif devoting the resources to this city. He made it sound like without Gary, the Sherrif would have ignored our plight. Please don't think we fall for that bull. Get your facts straight before you go defending your candidate with made up denials. Makes you less believeable the next time you speak.

A grandstand vote is when Gary voted against the Mayor knowing it wouldn't matter as it was going the Mayor's way. Much like he voted against the trash tax but never stepped up and worked to get people out to vote against it. Not that the others did either. Gary has become the People's Advocate since when? The meals tax? The parking sticker?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

The Sheriff brought in the Bus because he cares about Malden. He lived here you know.

Want to talk about grant stand votes Annie? Look at Deb.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Hey rez.  Yea Councilor Christenson is the people's advocate. Who voted four times for the residential tax exemption which gives us homeowners over 800 bucks break each year?  Who voted to move it to 30% this year.  Yes that would be Gary.   You know who voted agaisnt that??   Yes you got it Councilor Fallon.  Explain that one please.  Your complaining about what twenty dollars a year to fix up our city and your candidate votes against a couple hundred dollar break for us homeowners.  Please. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

BOOM!!! He helps the city. Fallon just moved to the city!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

In Response to Re: Fallons Exp in Schools?:
    [QUOTE]educated maldonian or shall I call you adam, or school commitee member. I get it, You think your buddy gary will be in office in november. Boy are you going to be suprised. I think you are dead wrong. Getting his mug in every picture is getting old it reminds me of "WHERES WALDO". I have also been around town and I find that for every one gary supporter I find two or three Fallon. Keep up the bashing maybe it makes you feel better but it will get you no where.
    Posted by NavalAcademyGuy[/QUOTE]

What town are you in? lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

Incorrupt- Can you please go to my post above and point out where I was being nasty and insulting?
    You keep saying that and I am looking, but don't see it.  I can certainly pull some up on yours.

You must understand that because people don't agree with you it doesn't mean they are insulting.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WantOutofHere. Show WantOutofHere's posts

Well, you have it backward. Malden';s school are what anyone would call the best, especially under team Howard/Christianson. How has Gary helped, when 400 students are on the Charter School's waiting list? This is not to mention that many familes have left Malden over the years under Howard/Christianson in search of better educational opportunties for their kids.

So, again how does his experience help? Sounds more like hurts.

In Response to Fallons Exp in Schools?:
    [QUOTE]I would like to know, how much exp does Fallon have with the schools? Gary has many years exp. And between the two of them as Mayor I would trust Gary over Deb to run the Schools as Mayor. So I ask, does Deb have ANY exp with the schools?
    Posted by WalkDontTrip[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Given Malden's ranking in the state released today, apparently, no one in this community has the "experience" to effectively educate Malden kids. 119 out of 135 is pretty abysmal.

So, this thread is probably moot at this point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]Kinnon had no experience before running the charter school. Aren't they the 4th highest school? We have a Superintendant who has been carefully selected to run the other public schools. The Mayor's position on the school committee doesn't require a masters in education so what's your point?
    Posted by maldenrezident[/QUOTE]

Wow!  Maldenrez is now a fan of Kinnon and Howard!  All you do is bash these two and say how horrible they are- maybe it's because they didn't have experience like your friend Fallon.  Maybe experience does matter unless you are willing to say they have done a fine job.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]WalkDon'tTrip: No, the Sherrif did not just bring the bus in according to the Mayor himself. He publicly thanked Gary for being instrumental in the Sherrif devoting the resources to this city. He made it sound like without Gary, the Sherrif would have ignored our plight. Please don't think we fall for that bull. Get your facts straight before you go defending your candidate with made up denials. Makes you less believeable the next time you speak. A grandstand vote is when Gary voted against the Mayor knowing it wouldn't matter as it was going the Mayor's way. Much like he voted against the trash tax but never stepped up and worked to get people out to vote against it. Not that the others did either. Gary has become the People's Advocate since when? The meals tax? The parking sticker?
    Posted by maldenrezident[/QUOTE]

"makes you less believable" - you must have really liked this argument when I used this line on your misquided information.  Too bad it is true in your case.  
    A vote is a vote- is Gary now supposed to be a mind reader and know how each candidate is going to vote so his can be  "grand stand" vote.  This would be considered one of those "back door deals" you are always whining about.  

If the Sheriff thanked Gary that is his right to do so and if you think" it made it sound like..." that is your own thoughts and sorry you can't brainwash everyone to your way of thinking.  When I met the new sheriff he had nothing but WONDERFUL things to say about Gary and his personal and business work ethics.

Gary is THE PEOPLE'S ADVOCATE! There are many people who think the meal tax and the projects it is going towards is a good thing.
    Gary voted AGAINST PAYT.  Gary is actively working on a plan to make PAYT a much better program by listening to the citizens of Malden.  
    The Resident's parking sticker program is tabled because they LISTENED to the citizens of Malden! HELLO- would you please do some research before spouting off.
    I am getting tired of having to constantly correct you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]educated maldonian or shall I call you adam, or school commitee member. I get it, You think your buddy gary will be in office in november. Boy are you going to be suprised. I think you are dead wrong. Getting his mug in every picture is getting old it reminds me of "WHERES WALDO". I have also been around town and I find that for every one gary supporter I find two or three Fallon. Keep up the bashing maybe it makes you feel better but it will get you no where.
    Posted by NavalAcademyGuy[/QUOTE]

I just saw this post- Now I am Adam? Or maybe some other school committee remember?  I love it!  I will take those as compliments, and I am also flattered by the amount of times people have tried to guess at who I am.  AND, for the LAST TIME, please point out where I have BASHED anyone?? I would like a specific quote.  I have asked and asked from everyone that has said I am bashing and so far no comment.  I may have actually done so at one point and would like to read it for myself. I really do try hard to point out just the facts and state my opinions without personal bashing or foul language like many others on these blogs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fallons Exp in Schools? : What town are you in? lol
    Posted by Pats2012Champs[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.  Fallon supporters are so out of touch they don't realize we live in a City?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

Pats2012 is a Gary supporter and you can keep him. You are being very snarky in your comment as usual. Yes, I would consider that a bash.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

maldenblueskies: I can't believe you just totally wrote someone off who you don't even know IRL (I'm assuming anyway) because they support someone you don't for mayor.

My landlords have two campaign signs posted at our house, both for candidates I decidedly do NOT support. I still love them to pieces though.

This hate and discontent on both sides is appalling. Such a friendly, welcoming community I'm in - AS LONG AS I MARCH IN STEP WITH EVERYONE ELSE...Muahahahaha! Well, that's the vibe I'm getting here anyway. Ick.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

I don't think educatedmaldonian is Adam, I think he is activemaldonian who hit the wrong button in the middle of a post! Now who is the multipleposter? You're the one saying Deb only has a few people out here posting! I am making this decision based on facts, too! So which one are you? Or how many others? Are you Jullii too? Pick one and stick to it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fallons Exp in Schools? : What does being snarky and bashing mean anyway?  Posted by activemaldonian[/QUOTE]

Snark (from the Urban Dictionary): A combination of "snide" and "remark".

Bashing (from thefreedictionary.com):
    3. Informal To criticize (another) harshly, accusatorially, and threateningly: "He bashed the . . . government unmercifully over the . . . spy affair" (Lally Weymouth).
    v.intr. Informal
    To engage in harsh, accusatory, threatening criticism.

Yep. There's actually a pretty big difference between being snarky and bashing someone in the verbal sense.

Just figured I'd help out since a lot of posters on the forums don't, in fact, know the difference - but I won't name names lest I get accused of "bashing" them or, in the cases of those with remarkable spelling/spellcheck skills, "basing" them. (That, BTW, was a snarky statement! See what I did there?)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

Hey! What happened activemaldonian? You deleted that post pretty quick! Too late.

hellgirl: I'm sorry but Pats2012 is a bully and a jerk. If he is anything like he posts, I don't want to know him IRL. There are many Gary supporters who are fine people and I ask they agree to disagree. I am looking for change as I am stuck in this city for now and want to make it better. I find it exciting to think the community is motivated enough to demand change and want to be part of it. The past 16 years have had good parts but we are now in the bad parts. The current Mayor has "sown his seeds" of relationships and as a real estate developer mentality sees this city has plenty of potential he cannot profit from as a sitting Mayor. With a wink and a nod there are several opportunities just sitting there waiting to be put into motion. What is this passion of his to make this city one big apartment building? That has to stop. How about taking care of what we have before building more? The city is about to lose people like yourself who want better for their children and themselves. How many people who have roots here have left already? I feel like I am a stranger in a strange land when I venture out of my house. No, don't take this in a racial way but I hear less and less of English being spoken and only wish I knew the other languages so I could interact more in a neighborly way. So I don't like the way things are and want change so my vote goes to DEB FALLON FOR MAYOR!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

maldenblueskies: I agree that Malden desperately needs change. My biggest issue with many of the Fallon supporters on these forums is that they've yet to concretely answer a single question I've asked here. And I've tried to contact Deb herself with no response forthcoming.

Hence, my write-in vote this election season (and dear God no IT WILL NOT BE FOR DRIVER54! LOL).

Like you, I'm saddened that our neighborhoods are so...cloistered. Most of the families in my area are from one of two backgrounds:
    1. Non-English speaking immigrants who have kids my daughter's age but NEVER come outside or, if they do, don't interact with anyone outside of their own ethnic communities (even when we've tried)...

or

2. Malden families with roots here who already know everyone they want to know and are cooly polite but rarely if ever welcoming to newcomers, especially those newcomers who choose not to buy a home.

Our closest friends within the city are another couple who rents like we do and are not native-born Maldonians (nor are they planning on staying in Malden as they want to start a family). Other than that (and of course, our landlords), we have a few acquaintances we never see. There's not a whole lot of community in our ward if you're not part of an immigrant enclave or the olde guarde.

Unfortunately though, I don't think ANY candidate can change those mentalities. That particular sort of change that you noted at the end of your post and that I agree is needed must come from within the neighborhoods. It has to come from consensus amongst residents that things NEED to be different and then from action.

I've seen it in other communities that have a lot more per capita income and a draw for artists and activists, but that energy isn't here, and neither mayoral candidate is bringing it with them. :(

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

HELLGIRL---MAYBE IF PEOPLE STOP AND READ WHAT I SAY IT MIGHT MAKE SENSE. IT HAS BEEN OVER 2 MONTHS SINCE THE CITY
    WAS AWARDED THE SAFER GRANT TO HIRE 10+ FIREFIGHTERS AND THIS CITY COUNCIL AND MAYORAL CANDIDATES TOOK THE SUMMER
    OFF--INSTEAD OF PUSHING FOR THESE FIREFIGHTERS TO BE HIRED
    AND IN THE ACADEMY AND GETTING READY TO JOIN THE FIREFIGHTERS THAT ARE WORKING INSTEAD THIS ADMINISTRATION
    DID NOT ON THING --THEY COULD OF CALLED FOR AN EMERGENCY
    MEETING BUT THEY SAT ON THEIR HANDS. THE SCHOOL COMMITTEE
    AND THIS ADMINISTRATION KNEW THAT THE MALDEN EDUCATION SYSTEM WAS POOR BEFORE IT BECAME PUBLIC LETS SEE IF ANYONE BRINGS UP THIS ISSUES TONIGHT AT THE COUNCIL MEETING.
    LETS SEE IF GARY OR MS FALLON SPEAK OUT.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think educatedmaldonian is Adam, I think he is activemaldonian who hit the wrong button in the middle of a post! Now who is the multipleposter? You're the one saying Deb only has a few people out here posting! I am making this decision based on facts, too! So which one are you? Or how many others? Are you Jullii too? Pick one and stick to it.
    Posted by maldenblueskies[/QUOTE]

Wrong AGAIN- I never post about who is blogging here. I could care less - I only care about the content of the post and the facts.  
    I challenge you again to find a post where I am asking who is who.  
    This is why I don't believe a word you are saying.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

activemaldonian: You were commenting as educatedmaldonian and in the middle realized you were under the activmaldonian name. You mistakenly posted instead of deleted. Before I finished my post you pushed the "edit" button and deleted your comment. Of course I am not going to find such a post! You were caught and now for the cover up. No, it is YOU whose word I don't believe. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]activemaldonian: You were commenting as educatedmaldonian and in the middle realized you were under the activmaldonian name. You mistakenly posted instead of deleted. Before I finished my post you pushed the "edit" button and deleted your comment. Of course I am not going to find such a post! You were caught and now for the cover up. No, it is YOU whose word I don't believe. 

WRONG Again- I said find a post where I asked or even cared who was blogging.  I could care less who is blogging, what I care about is the content of what is being blogged. 

I don't care about who or what you are talking about.  I am on here to state the facts.  This is what matters and I will continue to do so. I suggest you research and do the same. 
    You could be ten people on here and I would answer each one with facts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

So you do post under educatedmaldonian AND activemaldonian? Just answer the question truthfully.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]So you do post under educatedmaldonian AND activemaldonian? Just answer the question truthfully.

I find it funny how obsessed you all are to figure out who people are!
    Can I ask you why it would matter?  I think I have answered this question at least 5 times on all these blogs on different names.
    Keep em' guessing....