firefighters out of maplewood.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

firefighters out of maplewood.......

they're out....gone to overlook....hold your breath if you're in maplewood, i'm sure they'll get there...eventually.......who thinks that the way the firehouses are spaced out now is adequate?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Re: firefighters out of maplewood.......

Yes. The station from Malden Square can respond along with Overlook. Just like it would have taken time for Laurel Street to respond to the Linden Area.

Better station. I think it just has one engine, Laurel had three trucks in last night.

I think its better for the firemen. This was a smart short term move. Malden still needs a station in the middle and in the Maplewood area.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

WalkDon'tTrip---Good news  ----now lets put more firefighters back on the Job -----The feds have Money for cities to hire more Firefighters -----this does not include the Safer Grant.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver-8. Show Driver-8's posts

WDT Laural st might have had 3 trucks in it last night but only one is manned....as far as responding from Malden Sq. or from Linden as a matter of fact down Salem st or Eastern Ave when students are going to or from school Good Luck. But you are right We do need a firestation somwhere in between The High School and Revere..That's only be in the works since the 1940's 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenrezident. Show maldenrezident's posts

At the risk of sounding like Frank, what has Counciler Kinnon done in his years on the council to get a new fire station for Maplewood?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Driver-8

I know what you mean. Parents at Salemwood should have to park on the side in my opinion. I see some double and triple parked at times.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

MaldenResidzent---want to find out about Grants and Federal Funding -----here is the Web-Site  WWW.WHITEHOUSE.GOV
    It provides you alot od Avenues to go too for Grants and Federal
    Funds which this Administration ignores. That is one of my sources.
    It Open my Eyes to what is out there;
    Tell me if you like it. This for everyone to look at and to comment on.
    Also tomorrow the President is having a TownHall for all it is going to be on FaceBook at 1PM

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Go on and ask about grants.

Frank you do not get it. If the City and state denies a grant...the President is not going to walk into Malden and force us to get a grant. They have reasons for not getting many grants. They think 5 to 10 years ahead of time. Yes grants are a great thing and help us in many ways. But some grants we cannot take for certain reasons. Its up to you to call the Mayor and ask him. So instead of us asking to call him, why don't you? Or are you so well known to cause trouble he will not talk to you?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

forget the grants..that time has passed, complaining about NOT getting them is useless and a waste of energy....efforts should now be put into the "what now?" issue.......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

The WHAT NOWS are long term. 4-8-16 years. You always need to look to the future of any deal you make, grant of no grant. Either way we are in hot water for years to come. The next mayor will have a lot to do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Walkdon'tTrip ---First---the city has not applied for the grants that I mention--so I asked if they apply now what happens and it goes through the process and if approved the city receives it at the end of the process. I was in the state house today and again I talked to

different departments and they have said that this city has not applied for these three grants since 2004. These are the Grants that they can still apply for but understanding what these people told me that this city does not have a professional grant writer they use people in the Malden Redevelopment Authority who they feel do not

know what Grants are available and how to apply for them. 
    This council should ask the Human Resource Department if they could hire or does the city have a position for a Grant Writer .

This person could also look for Grants for Malden School Department,

Police Department, Fire Department and also grants to fix our streets

and sidewalks in this city.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Well lets try again.  Firemen are out of Maplewood just as I predicted.  Thank Deb Fallon and the Concerned "  "  guess I can't use that anymore but they created the hysteria against MV this closure was forgone conclusion and now Firemen in Reeeveaaaa.  Fallon bought her own phony mold analysis report.  Where did she get the mold?  Well it could have been anywhere as the Co. that supposedly did this analysis is from Florida.  Did they fly up here? No. Did they even mention Malden Fire Dept in there report or where the mold came from?  No.  For all we all know is it came from Fallons neighborhood firehouse in Salisbury NH.   Oh yea it was mailed to her PO Box there.  Don't believe me go on the Malden Patch its posted.  Faked Phony report to cause hysteria. I know where the mold came from it must have been Roosevelt Park swamp that's where she and the Science Friends put it in a petrie dish and mailed it to Florida. What  a Farce. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenrezident. Show maldenrezident's posts

MVCSparent: No, it is your own Kinnon who caused this dilemma. He did not keep his property in shape nor did he do anything about getting the fire fighters a proper station over the years he has been in office. It took Deb Fallon to get the rest of the councilers who have sat on their butts while all this has been going on for years to finally do something about this issue. You may want to thank Deb for saving millions in law suits for forcing these workers to continue under these conditions. Give it up already. Kinnon got caught. Admit it and move on.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

mvcsparent i am thinking you are clearly delusional....you're right, this is one big huge conspiracy to make the charter school look bad.the fire chief, commissioner, councilors and the mayor are all in on it....the inside of the station is pristine, but shhhhhhh.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

As far as I know;  SQUAT, Nada, Your guess is as good as mine, Who the heck knows, Nothing apparently, Can I buy a vowel

In Response to Re: firefighters out of maplewood.......:
    [QUOTE]At the risk of sounding like Frank, what has Counciler Kinnon done in his years on the council to get a new fire station for Maplewood?
    Posted by maldenrezident[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver-8. Show Driver-8's posts

TO MVC Parent I quess the city councilers that showed up a the Charter School (no longer a fire station) along with the board of health and other city depts did not see the mold or other building code violations when they toured. Now you say that the mold samples did'nt come from the building...AS I suggested in another post which you agreed with the school and the city should have shared in the cost to take air samples and send them in....all I know is if this was any other public facility and what they say is or potentially in the air in that building those building would be closed and decontaminated as was a public school in merrimack mass this past year, and in Everett a couple of years back......Now the real questioned  what is the MVCS going to do next...are they going to test the air in this building to protect their students and what about the Maplewood school....you as a parent of these students should be asking this..you know what they say lawyers, guns and money, cant get you out of this the s*** has hit the fan although we can do without the lawyers or ex-lawyers 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenrezident. Show maldenrezident's posts

Does anyone have any idea if the exhaust system which sucks out the diesel fumes would also have this "bad air" mixed in? I have often wondered when I saw the open windows of the school next door if those noxious fumes found their way into those windows where the children are. This has never seemed a great idea to have a fire station so close to a school. Now thankfully the fire fighters are no longer held as a pawn by the board chair. Too bad the counciler wouldn't think more of our first responders to ensure they had a proper station. Where have the At-Large Councilers been? All they can do is come up with schemes to tax and spend our money. These bad actors do not deserve a vote this fall. Only Deb Fallon who has been villified stood up for the people and the fire fighters. Remember that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

no, hoses hook right up to the trucks directly and it is sucked/blown out through ductwork....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Frank I hate to break it to you. But you did not discover the whole GRANT thing. I am sure the city goes over every grant each year. You just cannot get a grant and thats that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

I suppose, that since Kinnon wasn't there for the walk through, he is chairing a committee to find out "why" the firestation was closed.  Amazing.
    I'm going to be recovering from a medical procedure that afternoon at Melrose/Wakefield.  If any one on here could attend and let the rest of us know what Kinnon, Fallon and Christenson say, I would be mighty appreciative.  Thanks in advance.
    April 26 @ city hall.

PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE – 6:30 P.M. – COUNCIL CHAMBER

Councillors: Kinnon (Chair), Fallon, Christenson, Spadafora and Murphy

The committee will meet with the Fire Chief to discuss the following:

· Response times on the East Side of the City;

· How/Who made decision to close Maplewood Fire Station

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

they're going to discuss response times? the topic will get so off track the public won't know what the heck they are saying, as usual.....without a firestation in maplewood, response time go up to an unacceptable arrival time..are they going to debate how unacceptable it is? lol..classic, this ought to be funny..and....who cares who made the decision...hmmm, looking to lay blame i think..the commissioner did......so what? had to be done..shouldn't they be discussing what do to about another fire station rather than discuss the obvious? maybe it's me....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

It's not you.  Kinnon's shenanigans don't just affect us in his ward.  He likes to spread the blame around, anywhere but himself.
    Oh crap!!  I'm starting to let my true feelings show...

In Response to Re: firefighters out of maplewood.......:
    [QUOTE]they're going to discuss response times? the topic will get so off track the public won't know what the heck they are saying, as usual.....without a firestation in maplewood, response time go up to an unacceptable arrival time..are they going to debate how unacceptable it is? lol..classic, this ought to be funny..and....who cares who made the decision...hmmm, looking to lay blame i think..the commissioner did......so what? had to be done..shouldn't they be discussing what do to about another fire station rather than discuss the obvious? maybe it's me....
    Posted by goindownswingin[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

people get surprised when politicians act like politicians....come on, it takes a certain breed...as well meaning and good hearted as they may be, they are still politicians.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxplayer. Show taxplayer's posts

response times... this is not rocket science. response times get increased to maplewood. response times go down for the people that live near the Revere station. now the people on that end of town get the faster respone time that maplewood had. this should be about health conditions for fireman and students, not revenue lost for the charter school. the dog and pony show should stop. Kinnon sitting at this meeting. sure sounds like a conflict of interest.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Taxplayer----Two Points  First----Did you read the Herald today about Lowell ----Malden is next to explode with corruption and conflict of Interest Charges coming down the Line.
    Response times should be null if the Firefighters were at full staffing
    and all the engines available--but because of the Mayor's and Certain Councilors that we are understaffed ---Ask these Councilors
    about the Safer Grant--where it at----Ask Councilor Bucci, Councilor
    Murphy, Councilor Anderson, councilor Nestor and especially Councilor Kinnon these are the Councilors that kiss the Mayor's butt the most and make backroom deals with him.
    I just stating the Facts ---ask these Councilors why they will not
    force the the mayor to accept the Safer Grant.

Sections
Shortcuts