Gary Christensons Platform

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Gary Christensons Platform

This is a mayoral platform. This is taken straight from GC's site.

http://www.christensonformayor.com/issues.html

This is DF platform (Missing Platform). Taken right from her site.

http://deborahfallonformayor.com/

So I ask, who is running the better campaign?
    Lets look over GCs Platform.

Downtown Revitalization

Gary understands a redesign of City Hall will strengthen the heart of Malden’s commercial district.

• Gary proposes to redevelop City Hall site into residential office and retail space similar to Station Landing and Oak Grove Village
    • Gary will reinvest proceeds from the sale of City Hall site to offset costs of essential municipal projects such as a new Police Station, East Side Fire Station and Public Works building
    • Gary will relocate City Hall departments to vacant office space in the downtown area

Public Safety

Gary is dedicated to public safety by ensuring that Malden is a safe and healthy place to live and raise a family.

Police Department:

• Gary pledges his best efforts to build a new Police Station in a central location to improve access to all points in the City
    • Gary will make it a priority to put more police on the streets and increase patrols
    • Gary subscribes to the “broken windows theory” and will ensure that graffiti, debris, street lights out, etc. are addressed in a timely manner
    • Gary will enforce laws against illegal apartments, rooming houses and hold code violators accountable
    • Gary will empower neighborhoods to organize into effective crime prevention coalitions, and help citizens create their own watches

Fire Department:

• Gary will work to hire more firefighters and upgrade firefighting equipment
    • Gary will dedicate funding to make repairs to and maintain defective fire hydrants across the City
    • Gary will look to realize Fire Dept. savings by exploring:
      • elimination of outdated fire alarm street boxes
      • integrating Fire Department technology into City IT infrastructure

Changing the Culture of City
    Government

Gary will improve City Hall communication and accountability.

• Gary will enhance the City website to post contracts, bids, and other information to fulfill his pledge of Government transparency
    • Gary will update residents with relevant information and listen to their input on City matters through:
      • Social media
      • Email updates
      • Comprehensive e-newsletters
      • Traditional channels of communication
    • Gary will establish a tracking system for citizen issues (e.g., potholes, streetlights, etc.) to improve accountability, achieve resolution, and, most importantly, deliver quality service
    • Development of “311” City Call Center to direct constituents to the right dept. when calling City Hall.
    • Gary will propose flexible City Hall hours to improve customer service
    • Gary will be a “Mayor on the Move” by regularly working remotely throughout Malden to interact with citizens more directly

Malden’s Waste and Recycling Program

Gary recognizes the importance of a clean and attractive city.

• Gary will develop a modified trash pick-up contract, where no PAYT bag is required until after the first 33-gallon barrel is filled
    • Gary will work to implement ‘single stream’ recycling
    • Gary will seek outside funding to provide covered 64-gallon recycling containers
    • Gary champions lowering the minimum voter threshold necessary for ballot measures, such as the repeal of the blue bags, and will continue to listen to the voices of his constituents

Families/Community

Gary is committed to caring for residents and their families by ensuring a positive community environment.

• Gary will enhance natural resources and green spaces throughout the City with projects like Bike to the Sea, River Walk and playgrounds and will continue with tree plantings around the City
    • Gary will work with local youth organizations to provide quality teen programs
    • Gary will focus on the appearance of the City by launching an anti-litter campaign
    • Gary will promote the pride, spirit, and community of Malden by sponsoring such events as movie nights, concerts, and parades
    • Gary will work to expand the Residential Tax Exemption Program that rewards homeowners who make their home in the City with an annual property tax reduction
    • Gary will continue to promote Malden into as a desirable community for artists and will strive to establish a community arts center

Quality Education for our Children

Gary worked hard to maintain high standards and a sound budget to provide a quality education for Malden’s children, preparing him for the Mayor’s role as chairman of the committee.

• Gary will maintain optimal classroom sizes for students and teachers
    • Gary will continue to support after-school programs like Partnership for Community Schools
    • Gary will partner with the Parents’ Advisory Council on Special Education issues
    • Gary will work to ensure preservation and upkeep of our multi-million dollar investment in our schools
    • Gary will pursue Energy Performance Contracting to guarantee annual energy savings
    • Gary will recreate the partnership between Malden Police and the School Department to restore school resource officers
    • Gary will work to increase traffic enforcement during drop-off and pickup at Malden Schools

Business Development

Gary is adamant that supporting and strengthening Malden businesses is crucial to creating jobs and getting our economy back on track.

• Gary will solicit new businesses to open in Malden with streamlined permitting and business networking opportunities
    • Gary will make it easier for existing businesses to grow their operations by creating a one-stop business office to help navigate City Hall requirements
    • Gary will work on the development of neighborhood business districts such as Maplewood Square and Linden Square
    • Gary will work to improve parking, crosswalks, and signs that will encourage our citizens to utilize Malden businesses

Alot more work then DF has done in the time she announced she would run. 

She has asked in the past for $100 a plate at some fundraisers. She has not shown up for campaign meetings and even blew off some of her fundraisers. She was asked to speak at different events that she was directly involved in, and never showed up. Left meetings that concerned public safety and her team has posted numerous threats.

Is this the type of person we want to run our city? One who will not return an email?

Where is the money she has made going to? Not many firemen back DF. The union does. The FM that live here that are not buying into the hype of DF have openly showed support for GC. They know money is not there.

Imagine the mess she will be in if she becomes mayor with the other unions when the next budget comes around? They will say "Hey you gave so much to the FD, we want the same." Then she will have to cut jobs in important areas to do this. And we will be in a bigger mess. This goes beyond the SAFER grant and what ever other grants. Grants are an added bonus. IF THE CITY DOES NOT HAVE THE MONEY, PEOPLE NEED TO BE CUT. That means, Police, Teachers, DPW workers and so on. The next mayor needs to be fair across the board. And who is talking more? Who is out in the public more? Who is on shows talking? Who is reaching out more? Who is more active and showing they want to be your next Mayor? Christenson is.

Now you can attack me all you want. But the squeaky wheel gets the oil (Votes). And the city has spoken. His fund raiser broke the record for most people in Anthonys big hall. Butch was the last one and had less people but held the record for most people.

The people of Malden have spoken. And they will speak again at the polls. Malden is better off with GC then without.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Re: Gary Christensons Platform

When will DF show us a platform? Is it coming soon or never?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Can we have an "other" option in the poll? Right now I'm doing a write-in vote.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustinApinyen. Show JustinApinyen's posts

It looks like she gave up, and I was truly rooting for her.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

In Response to Re: Gary Christensons Platform:
    Can we have an "other" option in the poll? Right now I'm doing a write-in vote.
    Posted by hellgirl

I think I will write in the driver.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

fscib: With tax as the Lt. Deputy Mayor?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

fscib52:

I hope you are joking on this one. Driver54? Really?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

anotherman: Don't worry. fscib is actually one of the sane ones with a sense of humor on here. Yes. It was a joke. ;)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Oh let me add something more.

DF supporters talk about the "Good Ol' Boy Network". I am pretty sure that the Fallon name has been around longer then the Christenson name. And her uncle and father were part of that network. Am I wrong? Fallon has a big name in the city. How is that working for us? Not very well if you look at how things are ran at this moment.

Christenson has been in Gov. for some time. He paid his dues over the years. I trust him then someone who comes out of another city after so many years, wins at large then wants to be Mayor right away. I heard a rumor that she lived in Swampscott and NH for years before coming back. I want someone who has been through the ringer and knows what is going on in the city.

This is like JFK going against Putin. Who has lived here longer?
    (Both did and have done great things for the country they rep.)

If DF wins we lose someone who has fought so hard for the people.

If GC wins we lose someone who just moved here.

DF can talk a good one. She has what it takes to talk and sound like she cares. An I am sure that she does care about the city. But she is not the one that can beat GC. Luecy can. Chris Fallon can. But not DF.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldengal. Show Maldengal's posts

Butch had just as many people as Gary did, or somewhat. How did that turn out for him? .... Don't count your chickens Pats. Just sayin....Wink

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

Scary, but true Maldengal, which is why Gary and his team has never slowed down.  Even if I didn't agree with him on so many of his platform points, I would vote for him just because of his motivation and drive to fight for the position of Mayor. It is quite obvious he is passionate about Malden.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

Scary, but true Maldengal, which is why Gary and his team has never slowed down.  Even if I didn't agree with him on so many of his platform points, I would vote for him just because of his motivation and drive to fight for the position of Mayor. It is quite obvious he is passionate about Malden.
    Posted by Educatedmaldonian

Yea, so isn't the driver.
     Hey hell, how about a driver/pats ticket. Would be better than abott/costello, or martin/lewis or cheech/chong.
    it would be better than rich/charlie

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

In Response to Re: Gary Christensons Platform : Yea, so isn't the driver.  Hey hell, how about a driver/pats ticket. Would be better than abott/costello, or martin/lewis or cheech/chong. it would be better than rich/charlie
    Posted by fscib52

lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

fscib: OMG. That is pure. Genius!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Butch had just as many people as Gary did, or somewhat. How did that turn out for him? .... Don't count your chickens Pats. Just sayin....
    Posted by Maldengal

Albert said the turn out was bigger then Butch's. He never saw the hall that packed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

In Response to Re: Gary Christensons Platform : Albert said the turn out was bigger then Butch's. He never saw the hall that packed.
    Posted by Pats2012Champs

How many of those were voters in Malden?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

I am not sure. I was not able to ask everyone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldengal. Show Maldengal's posts

It scares me to think that Deb Fallon could be Mayor of Malden. Seriously.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

It scares me more that Gary would be just a continuation of Mayor Howard. He wants to build more residential units on the City Hall land! We don't need more apartments! Yes, he states he would put office space but I don't see the office space being sold out yet in Malden. Don't get me wrong, Gary seems like a nice guy but it makes me wonder why and where he has been on all these issues he's promising? He's been a ward councilor and has no experience on city wide issues. Again, he's a hard worker but I just don't see the changes I want to see in this city.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Do you know the plans he has for city hall?

He has no city wide Exp because he is a ward councillor? Are you serious?

They work all over the city....Im not going to get into it. Learn about city hall before you jump on others.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

Maybe if you read the very first paragraph of the platform YOU posted you would see his plans for City Hall. Apology accepted.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

And you do not know of the plans he has. Store fronts, Parking, opening it up for people. Not just plain ol apts. Your sorry, it is ok.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

The hall was packed with voters in Malden.  Everyone signed in at the door and there was over 95% Malden addresses.

Blue Skies- Being a Ward Councillor gives you great experience for running city wide. You are much closer to the community and learn the nuances of how things are run so you can apply them to the city on a larger scale. I believe some of the councillors at large are out of touch with the residents- in particular, Deb Fallon.  She barely shows up to city wide events, how would she know what is really going on in this city?  
    Combine this with his experience managing a 60 million dollar budget, the completion of his Masters Degree program in Public Administration and Suffolk University Law School, and you have yourself one heck of a Mayor!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

Not sure if I can trust him to make the changes necessary to make this city of the people and by the people. He's not a changer. He's had a chance all these years and is part of what the problem is in this city. His vote against the Mayor was never a deciding vote. If you want more of the same, good for you. Many of us do not. It's great he has the wonderful education he has but I know a lot of people with plenty of degrees I would not trust to run a lemonade stand.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

Your opinion is your opinion.  
    This is not the Gary I have come to know.  If you think you can be in politics and just "make changes" and implement policy because you think it's the way things should be, you are sadly mistaken.
    You have to work things out with the other councillors, the Mayor, and most importantly, the citizens of Malden.
    The changes he has made over the years have been good ones, but wait until he is Mayor and has more of an advantage point to implement the changes wanted by the people of Malden.  He is an advocate for his constituents and this is why people love him.
    The opponent does not have the skills to bring any changes to Malden.  She may have ideas, but she falls short when it comes down to implementing them.
    She lost my vote years ago.  I really thought she may have been a good thing, but I was mistaken.

Sections
Shortcuts