Gary Christensons Platform

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Re: Gary Christensons Platform

Everyone thinks they can walk into office and BAM!!! they can change everything. Or they think they can call these people and get it done the next day. So much goes into it. And GC knows how to do it. DF still does not know how.

She still has not come out with a platform and we have 70 days left?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GetActive. Show GetActive's posts

In Response to Re: Gary Christensons Platform:
    [QUOTE]Not sure if I can trust him to make the changes necessary to make this city of the people and by the people. He's not a changer. He's had a chance all these years and is part of what the problem is in this city. His vote against the Mayor was never a deciding vote. If you want more of the same, good for you. Many of us do not. It's great he has the wonderful education he has but I know a lot of people with plenty of degrees I would not trust to run a lemonade stand.
    Posted by maldenblueskies[/QUOTE]

BlueSkies--You say Christenson is not a changer but he is the reason the budget is posted on the city website/ he is the reason city jobs are advertised citywide with open interview process, as well as appointed positions/ he is the reason owner occupied homeowners get 20% discount on their real estate tax. These are all changes that Christenson has worked on and seen through to benefit people of the whole city not just his ward.

Howard doesn't have a computer on his desk. Fallon doesn't have a working website or answer email.

When you really think of it, who is the mini-me of Mayor Howard?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CuriousMaldonian. Show CuriousMaldonian's posts

It is funny how one minute Christenson is being blamed for all the problems in Malden and then the next minute he is accused of not having enough city wide experience. I find this really ridiculous especially when he is being compared to his opponent who decided to run for Mayor after being a councillor for ONE year and has NEVER passed a piece of legislation in Malden.

It is true that Christenson has been a Ward based Councillor, but Christenson passed legislation to benefit ALL Malden residents. Christenson's plans for the downtown are to OPEN up Pleasant Street and get NEW businesses. Christenson is the only person with the experience, relationships, and understanding to accomplish changes in Malden. When discussing the CHRISTENSON platform (the ONLY platform I have seen) I think his vision is well thought out and more importantly attainable.

If you have concerns or questions about the Christenson platform please contact Gary directly instead of writing on an anonymous discussion board he may never see. Gary is and always has been available to hear from ALL the Malden residents. He has a great plan and his follow through is excellent.

I am still feeling exactly the same way...
    Christenson for Mayor!!
    Smile

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

Gary's good with the fluff stuff. Promo photos, happy activities around town.

No conviction. No fortitude to the right thing in the difficult situations.

He's turned his back on the firefighters who filled the council chambers. He left to go on MATV. 

When fire houses were falling down under the direction of his supporter Kinnon.  Gary turned his back.  He walked away.

When a group of people had to join forces to stop the give away of a public park because no one in gov't wanted to stand up to Gary's supporter, Kinnon, Gary turned his back and said nothing.

You want fluff and puppet strings. More of the same. Go Gary

You want Conviction and Fortitude from a Mayor who will stand up for what is right when our children and public safety workers are being used as pawns in a political chess game then there is only ONE CHOICE
    Vote FALLON for Mayor!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fiveof5. Show fiveof5's posts

GC has worked hard much harder than DF and in my opinion will win the race easily - BUT - he will more than likely be another Richie Howard, he learned at his hand, he openly praises him and holds him up as a role model when he speaks at his campaign events. Same old same old.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

Incorrupt:
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....

I see you are back to your OLD stuff.
    Don't you get it? No one buys your ideas (with exception to the 6 people supporting her on these blogs).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

Conviction and Fortitude never get old. Sadly, that bores you and the Gary supporters. Gary is more like Nero who was partying while Rome burns. And we all have the pictures to prove it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

Sounds more like sour grapes to me!  If you can't beat him, knock him!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Name one thing DF has done that is positive in this city. Other then talking, I want to hear of just one thing she passed that helped malden.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

Really Activemaldonian? Seems you are the one who are doing the knocking. Sour grapes? The election isn't over. Don't be counting those chickens yet. Makes you and your friends look very petty. Actually, keep up those attacks. Gives people a chance to see the differences.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Oh but DFs people do not attack or make threats right?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

Sorry- where exactly is the knocking?  I am very confident about this race.  Not enough to slow down, but it's ok to be confident and I don't get how that makes you look petty.
    Imagine teams, businesses, candidates etc. going into a race with "well, I guess I can win, maybe I will do a better job, I hope I am experienced...."

It certainly wouldn't get my vote.  I don't think Fallon is telling people she isn't sure she can do it.  I return to "if you can't beat him, knock him"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

They will attack GC for months now. Slader and threats as always. If GC wins by 80% they will demand recounts for a year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawthorne3. Show hawthorne3's posts

I am giving my vote to Gary, but if this city is not turned around in 2 years, i am out of here.  I've been waiting to long to just bail out at this time, but I will only wait 2 more years to see some improvement or it's bye bye...  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

Hawthorne3 Stick around!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

hawthorne3: We're not waiting that long. We had the "last straw" a little while ago and we're planning a move within the year. By this time next year, I'll hopefully just be a bad or non-existent memory in the Malden Forum. And at this point, it wouldn't matter who won the mayoral election. We're so done. :(

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimfd1315. Show jimfd1315's posts

Vacant store fronts, vacant  foreclosed private homes, vacant lots, dollar stores, pawn shops,dollar stores, blue trash bags, dollar stores, increase in crime city wide, less cops, less firefighters, less students, dollar stores, incompetent folks in made up jobs, or jobs they have no experience to be performing, indicted pals still on pay roll,dollar stores, city owned property sold at bargain prices, more apartments, city facilities falling into disrepair because of a lack of concern for those that work in them (teachers,firemen, city hall, dpw) dollar stores, increase in violent crimes against persons, more apartments,   water bills that dont add up, fuzzy math problems,vacant store fronts, vacant commercial properties, back room deals in every aspect of city business....what Malden  needs is term limits, citizen review boards, new visions,voices and direction. If nothing changes......nothing changes. We dont need, nor want professional politicians with egos larger than Mr Ks, there just isnt enough space left. Im not sure the current field of players is what Malden needs, as most of you know...each persons needs and wants for this City are very different and that might be half the problem. I dont believe the future for this city is bright, the lights have been dimming for years now, and that is why there is a sign on my front stoop. Its over for me and my family, we are the last to leave after 168 years of being Maldonians.  There is a memorial of flowers on the street corner near here for a shooting victim.......nuff said!  Good day, and good luck. 

You can have your "platform" back Ms, Miss, Mrs, PatsWink.......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Ok thanks. I needed it back anyway.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CuriousMaldonian. Show CuriousMaldonian's posts

Incorrupt: "fluff stuff" I don't think so.

Christenson is the one getting legislation passed.
    Christenson is the one with a solid vision for Malden.
    Christenson is the one out talking to the residents of Malden. Christenson is the one answering the hard questions.
    Christenson will be the next mayor of Malden.

Christenson for Mayor!
    Smile

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

[QUOTE]hawthorne3: We're not waiting that long. We had the "last straw" a little while ago and we're planning a move within the year. By this time next year, I'll hopefully just be a bad or non-existent memory in the Malden Forum. And at this point, it wouldn't matter who won the mayoral election. We're so done. :(
    Posted by hellgirl[/QUOTE]

hellgirl:

Remember our conversation on another thread about moving away from Malden? Guess what? I have a plan in progress to do just that, and I hope you have one up your sleeve too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gary Christensons Platform : hellgirl: Remember our conversation on another thread about moving away from Malden? Guess what? I have a plan in progress to do just that, and I hope you have one up your sleeve too.
    Posted by anotherman[/QUOTE]

I do remember, anotherman! And congratulations! We're starting our to put our plan into action too. It'll take some time (a year at most), but...yeah.

The only bummer is that when I came home tonight, our LL's who are essentially family made me remember why I love the place behind the gate so much. :( Argh!

BUT - gotta think of what's best for all of us. Besides them, there's nothing here for us and we've had too many bad experiences now to count. So...the plan is being set in motion.

Hooray for you! Keep me posted on your progress. :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawthorne3. Show hawthorne3's posts

I can't bail out just yet.  I've lived in malden most of my life and still love this city.  I hate what's it's become, but my heart is still a Maldonian. 

JIMFD1315, you are so right!  Good luck.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

Don't worry, there are more of us here willing to fight the good fight!
    My entire street is filled with New Maldonians who stayed after college because they see the potential.  Thank you for your years of fighting in the past, we will take it from here!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrew25. Show andrew25's posts

Perhaps you missed Hellgirls post on her toddler picking up dirty needles in her backyard. You can "fight the good fight" all you want but I would hope it wouldn't be at the detriment of your child. My son picked up a dirty needle while he was at one of our lovely public parks and I wanted to kill someone for weeks over it. Fortunately I can't  look over my fence at the person endangering my children.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

Andrew and hellgirl-Sorry to hear that.  On a family vacation in California, that happened to me, so I understand your frustration.
    My friend in Danvers also has been fighting with police about a gang related house two doors down and I would never want to imagine going through that.

Thank goodness we have had nothing but positive experiences in this City.  I have lived in a lot of places in my life, through colleges and work, and there are challenge every place you go.
    Instead of picking up and leaving, I will work to make things better. Believe me, if anything ever caused me to be concerned about my kids it would be a different story. 
    Good luck to you and your family.

Sections
Shortcuts