Guardian Angels- Helping or Hurting Malden?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaldenCrimeWatch. Show MaldenCrimeWatch's posts

Guardian Angels- Helping or Hurting Malden?

The Guardian Angels- Helping Malden or Hurting Malden?
    For the past month Malden residents have seen the red beret wearing Guardian Angels on patrol in the Maplewood area of Malden. The New York based Guardian Angels have been around for decades as the eyes and ears of the community. Once a force of well trained members, they have now seen a decline in enrollment for the past few years, most notedly failing in Boston.
    I spoke with the Guardian Angels in Malden, New York and Florida. Each sold me a great story of bringing the residents together and keeping the streets safe. When asked about a background check, they seemed to be hesitant to provide details. I had many reasons for asking this question. One was mostly for the residents of Malden, knowing we have well mannered, respectful people with no prior criminal record. One Guardian Angel in Malden stated, "We are trying to get gang members to join our gang." That comment puzzled me. Another reason why I asked this question is because the fall of the Boston Chapter of the Guardian Angels is still fresh in many people’s minds. One of it’s members, 34-year-old Erich “Pitbull” Kennedy, pleaded guilty to indecent assault and battery of a child in 2002. The Level 2 sex offender was kicked out of the Angels and the group folded. The Guardian Angels are very determined to start a Malden chapter.
    James “Nitro” Steel, the leader of the Davenport Chapter, was arrested and charged for breaking an Iraq Veteran’s arm. It was later discovered that Steel had a long criminal rap sheet for violent behavior. The Guardian Angels leader states that they do a “rigorous” background check from local police. Do the Guardian Angels of Malden (who are part of the Brockton Chapter and who are also the ones who got kicked out of Boston) have anything to hide? As of yesterday they have not checked in with the police department or met with Chief Holland. So I can almost bet we have six men patrolling the streets, and we have no clue who they are.
    The Guardian Angels have failed to do proper background checks on thousands of members across the world. They have failed in almost 90% of the cities and towns in Mass. They have failed in almost every major city in the US.  Law suits, harassment, assault, stalking, and, most of all, attracting more crime.
    These are facts that can be found on many news sites on the internet. In my opinion, they might make people feel more comfortable but we are dealing with the same people that were kicked out of Boston. They not only make our city look more dangerous than what it really is, but they show total disrespect to the city by marching in with no care to check in with the Malden Police.  This is what has MANY Malden residents mad.
    We think we know who we are dealing with. But do we really know who we are dealing with?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Re: Guardian Angels- Helping or Hurting Malden?

Malden Crime Watch
    First----Bring in the founder of the Guardian Angels and have a sit
     down with him;
    Second----Where are are Community Policing ---I know it works
      but this mayor and police chief will not support it because it
      means putting more hiring of police;
     Third----Maybe invite or ask for help from the state police for their
     expertise in fighting crime;
     Fourth --set up foot patrols so the residents know the police working in their neighborhoods;

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaldenCrimeWatch. Show MaldenCrimeWatch's posts

OldmanPops- Frank

No one can see your posts. To my understanding no one has been able to see your posts for some time. You can see what you post but we cannot see it.

Thank You.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

Talked to them at the ward 8 meeting for about ten seconds.  Don't have any warm and fuzzies about the GA.  Can't see how they would work well with local citizens any way at all.  The actual concerned citizens just don't think the way they do.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SatnNLace. Show SatnNLace's posts

One of the Guardian Angels that are out there right now actually walked around the Mobile Home Park with a Baseball Bat and Chains at one time. If you were at the Ward 8 meeting then you saw the kid from the GA's with his sleeves rolled up addressing the Mayor, that is totally unacceptable. They were asked by the Neighborhood Crime Watch not to show up, but they did anyways again, totally disrespectful to what we are trying to accomplish. If they were truly concerned about this city they would go and check in with the MPD and introduce themselves. I doubt that will happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from enough. Show enough's posts

Imagine you are a young couple starting out and looking for a City to raise a family. How many people in their right mind would move into a City where the are bunch of former delinquent wannabees (aka Guardian Angels) are patroling the Streets. What a sad commentary on this City.

If our Community Leaders had not mismanaged the City's Fiscal affairs over the past couple of years - we would not be in this mess.
    Rather, we would be able to hire (like Revere, Melrose, Somerville and Everett) additional Police Officers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaldenCrimeWatch. Show MaldenCrimeWatch's posts

We cannot focus on the past. We need to look torward the future. The basis of my story was to alert the public of the lack of backround checks within the Guardian Angels. Do we have former criminals in red walking the street now? I am not sure. Rumor has it one is a leveled sex offender from Malden. THis might and might not be true. But why not check into the Malden Police? They had enough time.

I have talked to the GA's many times. I noticed some are very rude and feel they run the streets now. I talked to Curtis Sliwa and he told me the GA's are the only ones who know how to combat crime, and it would take a lifetime for us to get rid of them. Also they want to start a chapter here in Malden.

I will not stand for a Chapter in Malden. It makes us look bad. Let our growing crime watch handle our own.

Also Frank I do not think you understand. But we CANNOT see what you post. But if you enjoy posting things we cannot see, type away.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

First--MaldenCrimeWatch is only two people--If they were true to
      their beliefs---the following would happen;
     Do research on Type of Federal Grants that are available to increase
      our Police Force and their Equipment, this also Grants for the Fire
      Department and getting them more equipment. (Rescue unit)
      The present situation is that there are Grants that this Administration (Mayor) will not apply for because of the conflict with the Unions of Both Departments.
       This Crime Watch Program should of been in contact with the
     State Police and see if they could be part of the Community.
       But when your friend (the Mayor) will not invite the Guardian
       Angels to a sit down----It means he does not care about the
       residents and their concerns; Happy to see him go.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SatnNLace. Show SatnNLace's posts

Driver54 aka Frank, Give it up already. The Neighborhood Crime Watch is going well, it's neighbors watching neighbors. We are not a vigilante group like the Guardian Angels. All we do is educate people on how to be more vigilant in their neighborhoods. Frank, just a little advise, if you are using a different name you should change your wording a little. People are not that dumb.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scootcha. Show scootcha's posts

In Response to SatnNLace:
    Driver54 aka Frank

"THEY'RE BA-ACK!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH-B6A04iK0

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaldenCrimeWatch. Show MaldenCrimeWatch's posts

Frank we are much more then 2 people. And it is not our duty to look into Fed Grants. That is up to City hall. We have no say in that.

When it comes to the Guardian Angels the police does not have to chase them around the city. No one invited them. And by rights they should have checked into the MPD so backround checks could be done on each of them.

Please do you homework on the Malden Crime Watch. And stop attacking, Making threats and sending out foul emails.

Thank you

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Malden Crime watch-----It is everyone right to help this city, even
       if it means finding Grant Money than all the help is good.
      Understand that this city/Administration does not have a
       professional grant writer, I have friends who show me how to do
       research---I never knocked the crime watch programs we had
       them and still do in Somerville.
       I am talking about Community Policing --Officers walking the beat
       meeting the residents---sub stations ---bike patrols in the spring
       and summer. Lets work to put more police on the street and fire
       fighters back in the fire houses and open the closed station
       maybe even find a way to put the rescue unit back in operation.
        Those are my Ideas -----

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Scootcha---Look at my ideas maybe I am thinking outside the
      scope of what the intelligence of this Administration has;
      We need more Police and firefighters now-----
       Lets work to get them back to work;

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

Frank, the state police are to patrol the highways, parkways and state buildings. Not to do community policing. I like the effort though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

wardWatch----It was an Idea -----Back in the 70's & 80's we had
      the MDC Police help Somerville when they had the Gang problems,
      By asking they could send in undercover patrols until the City finds
      a way to Put More Police on the Streets (State Police) Thank You

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scootcha. Show scootcha's posts

In Response to Re: Guardian Angels- Helping or Hurting Malden?:
    Look at my ideas;
    Posted by Driver54

Nope, it gets very boring seeing the same rants posted over and over again.

You are now the target of my first use of the 'Ignore User' button.

Buh-Bye.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaldenCrimeWatch. Show MaldenCrimeWatch's posts

Frank like I said in another post. We need all the police we can in cars. But we did get money to put a walking cop in Maplewood.

Look under the story about the Mayor. I do not want to repost the same stuff again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Malden CrimeWatch---Foot patrols work and sub-stations work it is
       building trust in the neighborhoods, Again it knowing the facts and
       with research and asking other cities what they do and wher they

received the Money from.

In the Spring,Summer,fall weather permitting It makes people feel

safe whenthey see police walking in their neighborhoods, also

citizens get to know those officers and can talk openly with them.
       Even the Young adults and teenagers become friendly with them
       they get involved. Police in cars do not meet the residents only
       when they are called. I did the Research -------and I also grew
       up knowing the cop in my neighborhood we have to go back to
       fundementals.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Hey vendetta---I know who you are my niece from harvard with
      help found out your real name and address ------
      But I will keep it a secret -----oops you gig is up;
      MaldenCrimeWatch----One person foot patrol---I talking about
      having them accross the City not one area.
      Can I ask you a few questions----How many Cities have you visited
      and talk to the police officials about Community Policing, how they
      found the money, how the officers were selected and what it has
      done to the crime rate or has it been a bust?
      2nd---How much research going to Law libraries finding out where
      to look for Federal Funds, Foundations to support or provide funds
       the Police in the cities, even foundations to help the Educational
       System in our City have you personally done?
      3rd---How many Elected officials Offices have you visited to hear
       and ask questions?
      I know I been to Sen.Kerry Office a few times, Sen Browns Office
       about 5 times, State house different staff just trying to find out 
       how to have our city find the money to fix its problems.
       I have written to the White House on our problems and have
       received information on funding which I gave to each Councilor
       and only two have tried to use the Information,
       Again when 9 councilors( including Bucci) are puppets to this
       Mayor---Nothing will happen unless he gives the okay they can
       over ride all his decisions on the Budget and financial matters.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaldenCrimeWatch. Show MaldenCrimeWatch's posts

I for one use to like seeing the motorcycle cops driving around. As a kid we would run up to the cop and check out his bike. They use to do speed traps at the end of my street.

Then I liked the moutain bike cops. Those guys could get around fast and chase you down the tracks with no issues.

But we dont have that many cops to do all that. I hope one day we can get that all back again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

MaldenCrimeWatch---Do your Homework--Your City councilor has
      voted with the Mayor on the Budget that cut Police and firefighters
      in this City --She never tried to figure could we cut in other areas
      she is in step with this mayor over the last 3 budgets.
      Ask her about the Quinn Bill, Ask her about the Safe Act, ask why
      she let the mayor return 758,000 dollars that was for the
      firefighters that would of kept open a closed fire house and maybe
      restored the rescue unit.
      It is called protecting jobs for relatives and friends ask councilor
      Kinnon,ask her why the city never had a national search for a
      police chief, and why wasn't there a search for a qualified police
      commissioner.  She is a PUPPET tell her I said so.( my Opinion)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaldenCrimeWatch. Show MaldenCrimeWatch's posts

Frank I am sorry to inform you. But Malden cannot have police walking all over Malden. If you have that then you have no Police in cars and they will have to run to the calls. Then people will complain "Why are the police not in cars." We do not have the manpower Frank. I get your idea, but at this time we do not have the man power.

Now, I have been to so many police station the past couple years. All the cities and towns around us. I have helped with those cities Crime Watches and we had meeting with the chiefs. You will be shocked, but not many cities have alot of walking beats anymore. You might see one or two men out...but it is something these cities cannot afford. Malden is not the only city with money issues.

Now when it comes to looking up funding and grants, that is not my thing. It might be yours but do not attack me because i do not do that. My bag is educating the residents on how to keep themselves safe, aware and work as the eyes and ears for the police. I let city hall worry about the money issues. I am a resident helping residents.

You can look up what ever you want to and present it to the city. All the power to you. But I am about teaching residents. I know you do not like my program. You said it many times. You feel we have to find funds and so on. That is not what the Crime Watch is about Frank.

We are about community unity and bringing people together. You asking me to do that is like asking Jerry Lewis to start funding to make a new spacecraft for NASA.

You work on the Funds and grants. I will work on the crime watch.

I have to ask you. When you went to all these offices did you sit down with Kerry and Brown? What did they say to you?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaldenCrimeWatch. Show MaldenCrimeWatch's posts

Do my home work about what?

Why do I have to tell/ask Judi? You are at the meetings you tell her. I have nothing to do with what they do at city hall. Im not a reporter.

So call her, or ask her at the meeting. Im noting going to ask no one anything because it has nothing to do with me or my program. You seem to want the answers so you ask.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shoes-MeLikey. Show Shoes-MeLikey's posts

In Response to Re: Guardian Angels- Helping or Hurting Malden?:
      Hey vendetta---I know who you are my niece from harvard with   help found out your real name and address ------   But I will keep it a secret -----oops you gig is up;   MaldenCrimeWatch----One person foot patrol---I talking about   having them accross the City not one area.   Can I ask you a few questions----How many Cities have you visited   and talk to the police officials about Community Policing, how they   found the money, how the officers were selected and what it has   done to the crime rate or has it been a bust?   2nd---How much research going to Law libraries finding out where   to look for Federal Funds, Foundations to support or provide funds    the Police in the cities, even foundations to help the Educational    System in our City have you personally done?   3rd---How many Elected officials Offices have you visited to hear    and ask questions?   I know I been to Sen.Kerry Office a few times, Sen Browns Office    about 5 times, State house different staff just trying to find out     how to have our city find the money to fix its problems.    I have written to the White House on our problems and have    received information on funding which I gave to each Councilor    and only two have tried to use the Information,    Again when 9 councilors( including Bucci) are puppets to this    Mayor---Nothing will happen unless he gives the okay they can    over ride all his decisions on the Budget and financial matters.
    Posted by Driver54

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shoes-MeLikey. Show Shoes-MeLikey's posts

Frank,
    Please stop with the over posting again!  geez.  Go "help" Somerville.  They have people shooting police officers there, I think they could use your "expertise" more than Malden.

Thanks!!

ps..what does your niece going to Harvard have to do with finding out vendetta's real name?  It can be done easy enough without a Harvard degree. 

And the ignore button will once again be used by me to ignore you!!

Sections
Shortcuts