Has Fallon Done Anything For Malden?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Has Fallon Done Anything For Malden?

Has Fallon Done Anything For Malden other then talk? Her campaign people cannot answer this. This is the only question I want the answer to. And do not say she stood up for this and fought for that. WHAT HAS SHE DONE.

If anyone can give me an answer, I will stop posting about DF.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

Re: Has Fallon Done Anything For Malden?

Deb forced the Mayor to close and condemn the Maplewood fire station. It has been used as leverage by the charter school and the city has had to rent back their own property! The landlord allowed our first responders to live in a dump while the council (including Gary) sat on their hands since about 2003 and did NOTHING to build a new fire station. The economy certainly was much better during those years. Thanks to Deb the East Side Fire Station committee has been resurrected. Thanks to Deb there WILL be a new East Side fire station.

Now shut up about Deb.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

She did not force the close. She went off and got mold samples and sent them off to a fly by night company in Miami FL. ON HER OWN. I have not seen a proposal that was brought up by DF and voted on by the other councillors. Does she think she closed the station down? No she stood by the MFD a great deal and used that as leverage. But she never forced the station down.

I will continue with my posts thank you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

Re: Has Fallon Done Anything For Malden? YES SHE HAS

Fallon has brought accountablity by not being afraid to stand up against the status quo.

Fallon has forced city government to be more transparent by forcing public meetings for decisions which will affect citizens ie. when city officials go behind closed doors to craft a contract to lease away our public parks to the charter school. WHY?

Fallon has should conviction by standing with Malden Fire Fighters and pushing to apply for grants which would add more firefighters to protect your homes and families. The city received 700K grant turned away and now they have rec'd a 2 million dollar grant, that the mayor wants to only take a portion of. WHY?

Fallon pushed city officials to close the Maplewood Fire Station due to deplorable conditions. WE PAY RENT TO THE CHARTER SCHOOL for unlivable conditions. WHY?

Fallon didn't try to sweep the fact that large pieces of concrete falling off a school is no big deal. Do you have children hellgirl? How would you feel if that concrete hit your child?

Fallon has voted no against meals tax, she doesn't support a citywide parking tax, and she has questioned the purpose of pushing to change our city charter ie to install a CFO. Without oversight, no financial structure change will make a difference so why take away power from the elected councillors. Government should be a system of checks and balances. Government is not a corporation THAT is WHY we have rights and a voice as citizens.

Pats-Fallon really gets under your skin. WHY?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

"The landlord allowed our first responders to live in a dump "

A dump? Did you see the dust and holes in the wall? Who do you think did that? If I am a landlord, I expect my tenants to be clean and put up after themselves. So 70% of the blame is on the FM. They are professionals, not a toga wearing frat. You have a handful of FM that make the entire dept. look like morons. Screaming and yelling on TV during meetings, handing out fliers about "WE CANNOT SAVE YOU" during the mayors picnic for the elderly. Calling people names that do not support them. Real winners. Makes the brave FM look bad. And I can tell you, the upper fire fighters do not like how the FM are acting. But no one can speak out on it because it is union. But they will speak at the polls.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

Gary really should put a muzzle on you. I know you read these posts Gary. Is this the kind of person you want out there pushing your message? You really expect only the fire fighters to put a new roof on a building they work in? You want them doing what the Mayor's secretary won't do? When is the last time a non-janitorial employee washed floors and painted walls? Are you for real? These first responders will go into your burning house to save your miserable behind. These police officers who had their detail pay go unpaid for over two months at a time until Deb put pressure on to pay them in a more timely manner would come to your assistance when you pick up a phonel. The DPW workers haven't had a voice in forever until Deb showed up. How long has Gary been fighting for any of them until Deb showed up. No, she didn't show up for the photo ops. She was there when it counted.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

A fire house is cleaned by the firemen. Unless you want to hire a maid. Im sorry, but it is true. You go to any firestation across the country and ask who does the house keeping, they will say "US". If they needed a new roof, then the MVSC has to put it up. And I agree they are wrong for not putting it up sooner. But flushing the toilet can and should be done by the firemen.

Do I think Maplewood is in good condition? NO WAY!!! But it was not Deb that forced it to close. I do not even feel they should make a new firestation. Rebuild in the same spot. Gut it out. It is in a perfect place (Unless you live nextdoor.) Gary wants to put it at Boston Steel. NO!!! Boston Steel is a great company. Debs people talked about behind Marias Pizza, NO!!! To much traffic. The spot it is in is perfect.

I might even make a post on where you all think a new fire station should be built. Because I know people read our opinions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

I say she did get that place shut down. It certainly wasn't Gary. I don't think it was Kinnon. So, be a man of your word and shut up about Deb like you said you would. The school has now put on a new roof. The city doesn't own the building anymore. I say Trafton Park would make a great spot for a fire station. The ball players could move down to the new park they are making at S. Maplewood. There is plenty of room to even leave the tot lot there. That's a nice piece of land already owned by the city.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

Hey Pats

WE DON'T OWN THE BUILDING.  WE SOLD TO THE MAYOR'S BUDDY.  YOU MIGHT KNOW HIM, MR. KINNON. 

HE WAS THE FIRE COMMISSIONER WHEN THE CITY OF MALDEN SOLD IT TO HIS EXCLUSIVE CHARTER SCHOOL AND THEN WE PAID RENT ON THIS BUILDING WITH A LEAKING ROOF WHICH CAUSED THE MOLD.

ONCE THE BUILDING WAS SOLD.  MR. KINNON FIXED THE ROOF AND REHABED THE BLDG.  INTERESTING DON'T YOU THINK?

CONFLICTS, CONFLICTS, CONFLICTS. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

In Response to Re: Has Fallon Done Anything For Malden?:
    I say she did get that place shut down. It certainly wasn't Gary. I don't think it was Kinnon. So, be a man of your word and shut up about Deb like you said you would. The school has now put on a new roof. The city doesn't own the building anymore. I say Trafton Park would make a great spot for a fire station. The ball players could move down to the new park they are making at S. Maplewood. There is plenty of room to even leave the tot lot there. That's a nice piece of land already owned by the city.
    Posted by maldenblueskies

The Fire Chief is the one who closed the station, not Deb. He's the one who ordered his responders out and to Overlook Ridge. Deb only supported his final decision.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Re: Has Fallon Done Anything For Malden? YES SHE HAS

In Response to Re: Has Fallon Done Anything For Malden? YES SHE HAS:
    Fallon has brought accountablity by not being afraid to stand up against the status quo.
    How? Accountability where? How is this evidenced now?

Fallon has forced city government to be more transparent by forcing public meetings for decisions which will affect citizens ie. when city officials go behind closed doors to craft a contract to lease away our public parks to the charter school. WHY?
    How did she "force" this issue? What city legislation did she craft and have approved or bring to bear and enforce that states that the council must do this now?  

Fallon has should conviction by standing with Malden Fire Fighters and pushing to apply for grants which would add more firefighters to protect your homes and families. The city received 700K grant turned away and now they have rec'd a 2 million dollar grant, that the mayor wants to only take a portion of.
    Showing conviction is not, in fact, accomplishing anything. Has she drafted or presented any evidence to the mayor explaining why/how this money may be accounted for under the stipulation of the grant? Has she crafted a waiver to whatever requirements of the grant the mayor objects to?

Fallon pushed city officials to close the Maplewood Fire Station due to deplorable conditions. WE PAY RENT TO THE CHARTER SCHOOL for unlivable conditions.
    Again, the Fire Chief, not Deb Fallon closed that station. And the truth is that now, Maplewood is without first responders. No plan was implemented for coverage before they moved.

Fallon didn't try to sweep the fact that large pieces of concrete falling off a school is no big deal. Do you have children hellgirl? How would you feel if that concrete hit your child?
    OK. So, she acknowledges hazardous conditions in a school. What is she doing to rectify those conditions?

Fallon has voted no against meals tax, she doesn't support a citywide parking tax, and she has questioned the purpose of pushing to change our city charter ie to install a CFO.
    This is one, tangible thing. One in this whole list. And the Meals Tax still went through, and it went through without public input or a vote, so that seems to negate your first point with respect to opening the council decisions to the public.
    Posted by incorruptibility

See my responses in bold font in the quoted piece of this please. Follow up questions, if you will.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

Good Morning Hell

I have been reading about MV/kinnon for a while. I don't know him, but i do know a little about charter schools. I work for a project manager. We where the opm for a charter school in worcester, Ma.
    abby kelly foster charter school. they recieved money from the state, i think it was $13,000/student (400 kids) they had been operating for about 10 years out of an old warehouse in worcester. They were strapped for doe, but they did get financing to turn an old warehouse into a new high school. the cost was 9 mil. their operating pay the mortgage. they now have a great school. they just get by budget wise. I cannot believe the property that is owned by MV. Are they funded differently?
    Annie could answer best.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Good morning, fscib!

Charter funding and rules are different, that much I know. But I think that Google can explain the funding and rules...and Annie O could probably explain the specifics of MVRCS' rather vast real-estate portfolio that has kept them comfortable for a while now.

My child is in pre-school on base where I work, so she's not at all involved in any aspect of the Malden or Charter Public system...and by the time she'll be in Kindergarten, it looks like we'll definitely be out of Malden (hooray!) and probably trying to mortgage our eyeteeth for a private school tuition (boo!).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Hellgirl---Write my name in as Mayor--It should make people happy
    than the cronies at city hall will be worrying about their jobs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfd237. Show mfd237's posts

Actually Hellgirl that maybe technically true that the Chief closed the MW Fire Station but that was after His Honor up at City Hall told him to. The Chief can't tie his shoes without getting permission from the Mayor. Let's be clear on that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

mfd237: Thanks for the clarification. Did Deb Fallon actually get it done as implied here?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

Wow- we are back to the same old fight.  
    Summer must be over.  I was going to chime in, but Pats and Hellgirl are right on target.  
    Can Fallon camp come up with anything that is real?  Council meetings are about to start back up again. Do you think she has time to get one thing passed before she is out? 
    At least she will go down in glory- "The Councillor at large that came and went without accomplishing a thing."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfd237. Show mfd237's posts

There is no question she was a driving force behind it. So yes there is some validity to it. If memory serves the Chief took a few councilors for a tour of the station. One of those councilors was Gary along with Condon, Murphy, and Fallon. Of course the councilor who represents the Ward the station is in couldn't be bothered to make it for the tour but a few days later took his own tour since coincidentally he is Chairman of the Board of the entity that owns the building which is the Charter School and proceeded to make it sound like just some good old spring cleaning was needed to spruce up the old place. Honestly Hellgirl I am not gonna bash either Gary and Deb. Good luck to both. I will give credit to both for having the guts to run for the big job. I certainly believe both genuienly care for the City of Malden.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

hellgirl: Yes, she absolutely did. Gary has sat back knowing about the situation with the Maplewood fire station. I find it is like comparing apples and oranges when you ask what Deb has accomplished in her short time on the council while Gary has been there for how many years? What did Gary do his first year and a half on the council? Nothing I can recall. She stopped the rubber stamping of budgets and brought the citizens into the process of what is done with our money. The truth of the matter is Bob Miller and his group did more for making the council accountable than ANY of the councilors. As it is, Gary wants the state legislature to decide on whether or not we should have a CFO. Why isn't that question on the ballot before we ask for a home rule petition?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

"Gary wants the state legislature to decide on whether or not we should have a CFO. Why isn't that question on the ballot before we ask for a home rule petition?"

Wrong!!! The IRS suggested it after an audit. We do not need it they just SUGGESTED IT because other cities have one.                                  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WantOutofHere. Show WantOutofHere's posts

Well, Chairman Kinnon of the MVRCS didn't want to spend the money on ficing up the building, and City Councillor Kinnon didn't want to spend the money fixing up the building.

"The landlord allowed our first responders to live in a dump " A dump? Did you see the dust and holes in the wall? Who do you think did that? If I am a landlord, I expect my tenants to be clean and put up after themselves. So 70% of the blame is on the FM. They are professionals, not a toga wearing frat. You have a handful of FM that make the entire dept. look like morons. Screaming and yelling on TV during meetings, handing out fliers about "WE CANNOT SAVE YOU" during the mayors picnic for the elderly. Calling people names that do not support them. Real winners. Makes the brave FM look bad. And I can tell you, the upper fire fighters do not like how the FM are acting. But no one can speak out on it because it is union. But they will speak at the polls.
    Posted by Pats2012Champs

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WantOutofHere. Show WantOutofHere's posts

during the budget process in June 2010, she discovered that the school department was hiding money in an account that the school dept. and committee hid from the Council. This was unspent money that was suppose to be returned to the general fund.

I will credit Kinnon on this one, since he came up with the same conclusion on his own.

Gary was clueless on this one.

In Response to Has Fallon Done Anything For Malden?:
    Has Fallon Done Anything For Malden other then talk? Her campaign people cannot answer this. This is the only question I want the answer to. And do not say she stood up for this and fought for that. WHAT HAS SHE DONE. If anyone can give me an answer, I will stop posting about DF.
    Posted by Pats2012Champs

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WantOutofHere. Show WantOutofHere's posts

A good one.

Gary came down after the fact, and got his picture taken for the newspaper.

After the place was closed, Gary decided to leave a city council meeting on the issue because getting seen on MATV was more important than a run down and condemed Fire Station.

Deb forced the Mayor to close and condemn the Maplewood fire station. It has been used as leverage by the charter school and the city has had to rent back their own property! The landlord allowed our first responders to live in a dump while the council (including Gary) sat on their hands since about 2003 and did NOTHING to build a new fire station. The economy certainly was much better during those years. Thanks to Deb the East Side Fire Station committee has been resurrected. Thanks to Deb there WILL be a new East Side fire station. Now shut up about Deb.
    Posted by maldenblueskies

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from buddykerr. Show buddykerr's posts

to the person that wants to 'knock down' trafton park for a fire station and move it down to south broadway----might i remind him trafton is a little league field, and south broadway is a high school field ----2 different sized fields---one 60 foot ; the other 90 feet.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

Aren't there other fields in the city the kids could use? I know the little leagues have shrunk to about 40% of their former size. More kids are into soccer than baseball in this city. It would be wasteful for the city not to use land they have for a fire station and since people like the location of the old fire station, it's as close as you can get. Nice little park but maybe another one could be made just as nice. How about the little leagues rent the new charter school park they're making?

Sections
Shortcuts