Help me out. How did the Blue Bags Deal go down.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

Help me out. How did the Blue Bags Deal go down.

I commend Bob M for pushing the removal of this form of Obama Care. How was it implimented and with the majority of the people against it, why isn't it a bigger issue.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Re: Help me out. How did the Blue Bags Deal go down.

Basically, right after we moved here in 2007 the city proposed this as a way to cut costs on waste removal. It was briefly reported on and then dropped as an idea, only to be revitalized again later.

The council voted on it although no public vote or consensus was ever sought after - and voila! We have mandatory rubbish bags now.
    There's a lot of history in the archives of Wicked Local Malden if you want to Google it.

It was actually put to vote for repeal last election but failed to meet the required number of total votes (although the numbers who did vote for repeal far outweighed those that didn't).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

Drive, do we have the councilor's names who voted for this and who voted against?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

fscib52:

From what I am able to dig up from Wicked Local Malden's website, at least I know that councilors Judith Bucci and Gregory Lucey voted for the Blue Bags initiative from Mayor Howard...

http://www.wickedlocal.com/malden/news/x1789528024/Voters-soon-to-decide-PAYT-fate#axzz1WiKsiiqA

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurie19. Show laurie19's posts

It's become a stale long issue that has lost interest. It was a good fight but now it's time to move on, people have accepted the bags as awful as they are.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

Really laurie19? I don't think so. Every week I have to use one of those flimsy things I hunted to buy I am angry. Every time I read other cities complain of only having TWO or MORE free barrels I am angry. This was shoved down our throats and was poorly implemented. DiPietro's answer to it was to allow us to buy another barrel to put a sticker on to put our blue bags in it! He admits the animals get into the bags and this is his solution! Good riddance to another dead piece of weight on the council! Maybe no one has thought of this as a health hazard yet. I know for my house I have such problems getting rid of the excess stuff in my house, it's just still there. How many houses are getting overloaded with stuff and it's becoming a fire hazard? Maybe Gary doesn't have to worry about this because he lives in a condo with a dumpster but you can bet Deb feels the pain just like the rest of us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

In Response to Re: Help me out. How did the Blue Bags Deal go down.:
    Really laurie19? I don't think so. Every week I have to use one of those flimsy things I hunted to buy I am angry. Every time I read other cities complain of only having TWO or MORE free barrels I am angry. This was shoved down our throats and was poorly implemented. DiPietro's answer to it was to allow us to buy another barrel to put a sticker on to put our blue bags in it! He admits the animals get into the bags and this is his solution! Good riddance to another dead piece of weight on the council! Maybe no one has thought of this as a health hazard yet. I know for my house I have such problems getting rid of the excess stuff in my house, it's just still there. How many houses are getting overloaded with stuff and it's becoming a fire hazard? Maybe Gary doesn't have to worry about this because he lives in a condo with a dumpster but you can bet Deb feels the pain just like the rest of us.
    Posted by maldenblueskies

I'm with you blue. This is a problem that was thrown at us. Why can't we do something about it?
    I may write in Bob Miller for mayor instead of the driver, he seems to be the only person to stand up against the establishment that goes against the peoples will.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurie19. Show laurie19's posts

Like I said the bags are a piece of crap, I didnt say they were of superior quality.....??? I think it's so funny how easy it is to attack someone from their pc...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

laurie19: You implied the bags were accepted by the citizens and to move on, correct? I hear that talk from those who pushed it or don't want to fight to end them. So, what are you saying?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from overthere. Show overthere's posts

Know what all the cities/towns that get large barrels for their waste and single stream recycling have in common? They don't use JRM for waste removal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimfd1315. Show jimfd1315's posts

the blue trash bags were a scam to make money for the city (TAX). Its that simple. as for separating your garbage into bins to "recycle"....again, =money  for the City and for the trash haulers. The City pays per ton taken away, the blue trash bags off set albeit a little, no matter what fuzzy numbers they put out ...  The city also makes cash by "suggesting "you recycle using the bins, only because they pay less in tonage and JRM makes money selling the AL, paper, ect....  If you visit RESCO, the garbarge is conveyed, scooped into large furnaces and used as fuel.... it is a vicious cycle and in the end the City and the haulers, the utilities and oh ya China all make a little green, what isnt burned is packaged up, sorted ect...and sold. This is the easy version, but you get the picture. When the City spends money to make money, the citizen is on the losing end.  What is a surprise is that the price hasnt gone up yet..... 

Sections
Shortcuts