Helping Malden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheVendetta. Show TheVendetta's posts

Helping Malden

To start off fresh id like to ask the residents on here, what do you think Malden could do to better itself? And how can we all help in a mature way?

You worried about the Charter schools? Maplewood Highlands? Trash in the streets? Crime?

What is it that bothers you? Because if many come together and ask the Mayor in a MATURE manner, I think he will do his best on helping out. Or he might not. But you cannot say you did not try. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThreeStooges88. Show ThreeStooges88's posts

Re: Helping Malden

1. I think for one we need to get all members of the council on the same page and to realize we have problems in which we ALL would like to solve and that we are not there to hurt them or to critize them, but to offer an opinion on something.
    I think that two heads are better tan one and that some of the residents have some great ideas (maybe something we say and they say could come to gether as a great way to solve something).

2. I think that in order to eliminate any future plans with the Charter School regarding our parks/fields we need not to have a member of the coucil also be a board member of the MVRCS, it's double dipping to me. Being on the council he has a huge advantage with the plans he has in place and I in my own personal opinion feel it's a conflict of interest.

3. We need to really figure out this budget before we can move forward, something is not right. I do understand we are getting less from the State in funding, but we should still not be robbing Peter to pay Paul and we should not be forced to eliminate any Police or Fire jobs.

4. We need to have the Council members hold more individual Ward meetings to keep us updated and also so we can share our thoughts and concerns. We can help them to be updated on things we see taking place in and around the ward and city and they can let us know what if any steps are being taking to resolve it.

5. I think we need to change the rules just like the president and only allow a Mayor to serve an 8 year term. (Mayor Howard has been in office to long) and because we can not find anyone to take his place we are not doing so well as a community. If he only had 8 years to serve someone would have to step in and we might be in a better position. We need change, change works, just like with the US Predisents. Sometimes the change may not always be the best, however sometime it is only for the BEST. I think the same should go for the council members. Year after year it's the same people and I feel like this is why things are not getting done as well as they should.

6. The meetings should be made public all the time, nothing behind closed doors. We are taxpayers, we are the ones who provide for this budget, we are the ones who are paying for all of the crazy additional fees (PAYT, Grill permits, parking permits etc). We should have a right to see, hear and comment on how the money is being spent for the city. Without peoplke living in malden and paying taxes, water bills etc they would not have any money.

7. I don't know I could go on and on and on

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Three stooges88 Your right but I feel the Mayor and city council
       have their own agenda and do not care what the citizens think or
       say. the only thing is for the citizens to vote for a different set
       of councilors with the understanding and listening to it citizens.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThreeStooges88. Show ThreeStooges88's posts

Farenella:
    We can vote but the problem is the same people are voted in because no one wants to clean the mess up. Until we set some rules and guidelines about how long you can serve in office we are going to see the same people time and again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

threestooges88 i just found out that the state has a new open meeting laws and that all meetings held within this administration

city council, malden housing authority, mayor Office has to be posted

for all its citizens, also is that all the minutes of these meeting must be posted for the citizens to read;

It is called the Massachusetts Open Meeting laws.
     to read it Go to www. Massachusetts General Laws.gov
       than look for Open Meeting laws
       it is time to make a change;
    Oh I still waiting for Vendetta to show up for our meeting, he is a
     puppet for one of the Councilors;

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheVendetta. Show TheVendetta's posts

I think your right Three on all your points. I think that if we confront the Ward Reps and ask them to hold more meetings in a public forum, more people will become intrested in helping. But it has to be done in a Mature manner.

I do not agree with Kinnon being a Rep and a chair person of Mystic Vally. I think he should leave one post since MV has such a hold over Malden. Just like Howard had to quit work for Melrose. Its a monopoly that is a huge conflict of intrest.

I do not think anyone should be laid off. But in this economy it will happen. It is not just Malden. Do I think they should cut other jobs also? Yes. I am quite sure they made up some crazy jobs to put family and friends in place. Like Asst to the asst who looks out the window. Something crazy like that.

I also agree with a shorter term for mayor. If no one runs against him then someone under him takes over. Just like with the president. If no one ran against obama, they would not just keep him in office. Not that that would ever happen, but its true.

I believe we need Aux Police and Fire even if no one is laid off. I believe in City Crime Watches. I believe in Safe houses for kids. I believe in foot patrols with citizens. I believe in alot of things other states do to get the people involved. And not just helping out at the 4 of July. People want to see a change and be part of it. Get a group and pick up trash on Salem street one weekend. Then Eastern Ave. and so on. Set up city trash barrels all over like in Everett. Recycle and Reg trash.

So much we as people can do. Better then bickering at the reps for things that are going to be ignored.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Vendetta---Your right things have to change, it starts with the Council who votes on all the actions the Mayor Submits to them.
     I know for fact that Councilor Kinnon should be ask to resign from

being the Chairpersonof the Charter school because it is a conflict

of interest---the city Council should ask him to do that now.
     Again if the Clerk of Committees will not post the all the meetings
     and the minutes of said meetings she should be replaced.
     I asked in an e-mail what is the City doing for National Night out
     on August 3rd ---other cities already have banners and have made
     city wide plans! (Cambridge, Boston,Medford, Everett ) I sent the
     e-mail yesterday to all city councilors and Mayor's Office

waiting for a response (lmao) 
     I might be rude and maybe nasty but I care for this city it is what
      I was taught going up in Somerville and did the same thing there
      I am persistant with and how I care for this city.
     Maybe if I was treated by the City Councilors that I had a brain and
     knew what I was talking about some of my ideas might be getting
     done. When you have better ideas then them they feel insulted! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

How about the city councilors that we elect doing what the people in their wards want. Being clearly told by the people they are supposed to represent that people don't want to be taxed twice for trash pick up and voting it in anyway means you don't get to be voted into office again. Voting in a budget to cut public safety jobs and allowing former counciliors

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

WardWatch--your 100% correct---But you need Councilors with Backbones and a Brains which these 9 who voted for the Budget,did
      not have.
     Those 9 should be identified by name and voted out of office!
     But again this City under Mass. General.Laws/open public Meetings
      now has to post all their meetings in public places and the
      minutes of every meeting posted on their Web Site.
      The Website is WWW.CITYOFMALDEN.ORG
       if you open it up if gives Each Councilor E-Mail Address and also
       when meeting are being held times and places.
       List every office in this administration----with phone Numbers

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

WardWatch---open the Page and go to either Clerk of committees or
      City Clerks Office and ask for the minutes for the last three council
      meetings and a copy of the New Open Public Meeting laws which
      went into effect on July 1st 2010.
      See what both tell you. It is State Law it overrides City Charters:

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from YouDidMeWrong. Show YouDidMeWrong's posts

Open Meetings Law is nothing new. Revisions were made starting July 1, 2010. You might all be interested in what it says, it seems some people are just beating a dead horse.

The Open Meeting Law does not give the public a right to participate or comment during open meetings. As a matter of practice, however, governmental bodies often allow members of the public to comment during public meetings. No one may address a public meeting of a governmental body without permission of the presiding officer, and all persons must be silent upon request of the presiding officer. See Mass Gen. Laws. ch. 39, § 23C.

Under revisions taking effect on July 1, the 35-year-old law will undergo sweeping changes.
    While support is universal for shifting enforcement to Attorney General Martha M. Coakley, critics said legislators also watered down a long-standing provision for the only financial penalty – a fine of up to $1,000 for public boards that hold secret meetings in violation of the law. Under the change, the law now requires violations to be "intentional" to carry a fine.

The insertion of "intentional" creates a new legal standard that means it would be almost impossible to prove violations in court and impose a fine, said Robert J. Ambrogi, executive director of the Massachusetts Newspaper Publishers Association and a lawyer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Youdidme wrong---per the sec.of state office your right but if it is

not posted they are in violation-----it has to be posted in areas

that could be seen by the public. You can attend these meeting an

request to speak going through the Clerk of Committees Office

who than notifies the President of the Council who can accept your

time to speak or refuse you.

( the reason you go through the clerk of committees because most  councilors do not post their phone numbers)  
       Understand this administration does not post any of

the minutes of any meetings which is again a violation of State

Law.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from YouDidMeWrong. Show YouDidMeWrong's posts

The City of Malden Web Site has all the scheduled meetings on the Calender..Also, all the Minutes of past meetings are on that site under "Meetings and Minutes"
    I called City Hall and they gave me a schedule of all meetings right thru December. City Councillors have always had their e-mail info and phone number listed on the website.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Wardwatch---I was just on the website----under meetings and minutes  only things scheduled was for July---than it show past
     meetings when held--could not find one page of minutes.
     Now Look at these laws MGL CH39 section 23A&B
                                             Ch34 section9G
                                             ch30A section11a.5
                                             Ch30A. Section 11 1/2
        again They do not post the minutes ---tell me where i look on       
                                       whole site; teach me! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThreeStooges88. Show ThreeStooges88's posts

Bottom line here in all of this is that the City Council & Mayor are not doing the job as well as they could and should. I don't put all the blame on them however because we do continue as residents to vote the same people into office over and over again. If we all let the ballot blank then maybe they would get the point we don't want them in office.
    Clearly they are getting the votes from residents though look back and you will see there were not that many blanks.
    We can complain all we want, but as residents we need to make the change if they are not going to and that means in the next election we blank them and remind them we don;t need nor want them there.
    Stop voting the same people into office. I blanked my Ward Council as well as one spot for C/L...
    We need to hold the Ward Council Members accountable the only one that I hear of time and again holding meetings is Bucci and to be honest I don't think may people go to her meetings, but at least she is holding them.
    Kinnon, promised to do a better job and I have not heard about one meeting from him. Fallon held a few, but now that is not taking place anymore either.
    Anderson, Dipetrio, Nestor, Murphy, Lucey where are you???? And the rest of the crew.
    Spadafora is to busy running for State Senate to bother holding any type of meeting in his Ward or for the residents of the city. He is out and about in Wakefiled, Lynnfield, Melrose and wherever else every night off the week with fundraisers. His focus should be on Malden because that is the job he is being paid to do.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from YouDidMeWrong. Show YouDidMeWrong's posts

In Response to Re: Helping Malden:
    Bottom line here in all of this is that the City Council & Mayor are not doing the job as well as they could and should. I don't put all the blame on them however because we do continue as residents to vote the same people into office over and over again. Posted by ThreeStooges88

ThreeStooges, I could not have said it better....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

ThreeStooges88---First Councilor Anderson is playing captain on his
     yacht----Like I keep saying these councilors are Spineless and do not
     have any Backbone;
     Understand Councilor Anderson was appointed Harbor master--for the
     Malden River; I asked this city council does he get reappointed every
     year without it being made Public. No one answered the Question
      He is not registered with the Massachusetts HarborMaster Assoc.
       Like to know his qualifications  (LMAO)
      E-Mail him--ask him what is his qualifications are see what he says
       nanderson@cityofmalden.com

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheVendetta. Show TheVendetta's posts

Ward and Three I agree with your points. And You Did Me Wrong ty for that law.

I believe all Ward reps should have a monthly meeting. Talk about anything. Most of all bring the residents together. Go for walks with the residents and point out areas that need repair, or maybe a new sign. The more its done more people will come out.

I also think the Mayor should have a Bi-Monthly meeting in different wards. Explain his plans and answer hard questions. I also think that a large public meeting should take place so we can question them all on WHY they do the things they do.

We do not work for them, they work for us. And they need to be reminded of this. Hell will freeze over when they realize it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Vendettaa---you hit a Home Run but again this Administration and the City Council do not care for its citizens they do not want to
     listen to good solid ideas. vendetta go to www.CityofMalden.org
      and find any minutes posted---please ask YouDidMeWrong where

the minutes are posted.

Finally when do you want to meet and where any place&time;

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from YouDidMeWrong. Show YouDidMeWrong's posts

In Response to Re: Helping Malden:
     and find any minutes posted---please ask YouDidMeWrong where   the minutes are posted. Posted by farenella

Minutes are posted under "Minutes and Meetings" on the Malden Website......Here are just some examples!!!

Traffic Commission Minutes

January 26, 2010 (5:00 PM)

City Council Minutes

February 2, 2010 (7:00 PM)

Traffic Commission Minutes

February 16, 2010 (5:00 PM)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThreeStooges88. Show ThreeStooges88's posts

STOP VOTING THE SAME PEOPLE INTO OFFICE LEAVE YOUR VOTES BLANK, RUN AGAINST THEM IF YOU NEED TO AND TEACH THEM WE ARE NOT GOING TO PLAY THE GAME. THE MORE YOU BLANK IT THE MORE THEY WILL GET THE POINT. I WOULD RATHER SEE THEM MAKE IT BACK IN WITH MORE BLANKS IS NO ONE IS RUNNING AGAINST THEM THEN FOR PEOPLE TO VOTE.
    WE CAN MAKE THE CHANGE BY NOT VOTING FOR THE SAME PEOPLE TIME AND AGAIN.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheVendetta. Show TheVendetta's posts

Three I agree with you. But blank votes will not do much. If they get 1 vote it keeps them in. And these people in office do not care about the city, im sure they dont care about the votes as long as they are in.

Does anyone know of right now who might be running against the Mayor or ward Reps? And Rumors you might be hearing?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

vendetta---Why would someone announce now if they are running
       for any Office to early.
       Electionis not till September 2011 or November 2011 depending
       what party your with. (Republican or Democrat) Too Much Time---

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheVendetta. Show TheVendetta's posts

Frank some people will toss in a rumor that they are running. LIke im pretty sure Christenson said he MIGHT run for Mayor. And Murphy Hinted at it. And a couple former ward reps said they might come back.

These are just rumors that go around that political figures will put out to see if they get a following. Not offical. But they just put it out.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

THE VENDETTA----MAYBE I RUN FOR WARD 7 COUNCILOR
                 I HAVE SOME BACKGROUND TO RUN FOR OFFICE;

Sections
Shortcuts