Heroin Documentary Featuring Malden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

Heroin Documentary Featuring Malden

While watching television last night I stumbled upon a documentary about heroin. I only caught the last twenty minutes but it ruined my night. The closing scene was a young girl addict speaking. She was standing right around the corner from my sister's house in the parking lot of the Stop and shop on Broadway.
    I haven't posted on here for some time because I think the postings for the most part have become hateful and foolish. But this documentary shows the continued drug and crime problem here. My friend's son was robbed just this past weekend on Broadway by four kids in a car. Now we have people driving up to kids and robbing them? Whoever gets elected in the fall better make public safety their top priority. I want my city back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1775andStillaDemocrat. Show 1775andStillaDemocrat's posts

Re: Heroin Documentary Featuring Malden

Ward-well written and enough said....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawthorne3. Show hawthorne3's posts

I heard Malden has one of the purest quality of heroine and no one is doing anything about it.. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

WardWatch---Been Preaching Walking Beats, Community Policing,
    hiring more Police Officers but our elected officials are sitting on their
    hands and took the summer off. The Same goes for the Safer Grant
    the City received it on July 1st, it is suppose to hire/rehire Firefighters that were laid -off but Now this Mayor can not hire them back because they might get laid-off in two years. That not his decision he is out In January that the decision of the new Mayor. Where are the City Councilors or two Mayor Candidates oh sorry on Vacation when they should be calling an emergency meeting with the Mayor and asking  why?  No they are on Vacation--Maybe we will lose this Grant also? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

Driver, please do me a favor and stop with the blame game and what you have done to fix Malden politics. The problem is crime and instead of crying about who caused it let's fix it. We all know what happened and the issue now is to retake our streets. Call the police when you see something. Call your councilor when street lights are out or bushes are overgrown onto sidewalks where people can hide. Call the mayor's office about the homeless and drug addicts hanging around city hall and the train stations. The amount of energy spent on here could be used in a useful way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

In Response to Heroin Documentary Featuring Malden:
    While watching television last night I stumbled upon a documentary about heroin. I only caught the last twenty minutes but it ruined my night. The closing scene was a young girl addict speaking. She was standing right around the corner from my sister's house in the parking lot of the Stop and shop on Broadway. I haven't posted on here for some time because I think the postings for the most part have become hateful and foolish. But this documentary shows the continued drug and crime problem here. My friend's son was robbed just this past weekend on Broadway by four kids in a car. Now we have people driving up to kids and robbing them? Whoever gets elected in the fall better make public safety their top priority. I want my city back.
    Posted by WardWatch

WardWatch: Do you remember what channel it was on or what it was called?

In another forum I frequent, a woman in Medford put out a plea to return her 6 year-old special needs son's camera - a blue, PixiZOOM kid's affair he'd gotten for his birthday and cherished. It was stolen from her locked car and while she berated herself in her post for leaving it in the car, she stated that she asked the police officer who was taking the report why anyone would possible want to steal a kid's camera. He responded, "Heroin" [to sell the camera for drugs].

In another related line, when we lived at our old place on Webster Street, my daughter who was just over a year found several needles in our yard. I know I recently mentioned this in another posting here, but it bears repeating. We would have to do "police call" (basically a yard sweep if you're military) before we could let her out to play. Then one day, the woman behind us heard me ranting at the world after finding yet another in the grass, two days after my husband found one placed on top of our trash alongside the house. She told me it was her son's insulin needles that must have gotten out of her trash somehow. This woman was a known addict, her live-in boyfriend a known dealer - and last we checked or knew, insulin doesn't leave brown residue.

It's tragic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

Hellgirl,

I'm glad you moved out of your old place and hope that your current surroundings are much better...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

anotherman: We only moved around the corner and it was different/better, but Creep is starting to happen even on to the nicer streets. We see so much male bovine excrement across the street these days...

I really don't think at this point that we're going to stay in Malden much more than another year. My husband and I are having a hard time adapting after being in Medford/Somerville for so long (although we've been in Malden since 2007 and I did live here when I was 16 as well!) - and though we've met a lot of good people and gotten as involved as our schedules allow, it's just not a happy place for us due to the negative experiences outnumbering the positive right now. :(

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

Hellgirl,

My wife and I feel the same way as you and your husband about Malden, and I've lived here almost ten years now in the same place. It's sad but true to say that we've seen this city go downhill over the years. Now, if the incoming mayor and city administration can reverse this trend, that would be great for the residents, but I don't think we'll be around to see that, if it ever happens at all...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

We need to retake out streets. Why allow these jusrks to take over. Fight back. (Not really fight back). But flood the police station with call when you REALLY see something. The more reports, the more help they will need, the more officers will be hired (I think and hope). Ward Watch is right.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

anotherman: I think you and I are not alone. I always feel like I'm coming back to another dimension when I get back into Malden from wherever else it is that I've been that day. :( And it's not a nice dimension either.

Pats2012: I had that same mentality when I first got here. But after seeing the cops never respond to 911 calls for drug dealing, fights, etc. and after seeing change for the worse instead of better, I'm ready to call it quits. Pick your battles was the advice my mum gave me when our daughter was born. It applies to all aspects of life and is quite sound, as far as advice goes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Well I remember years and years ago a guy was breaking into a house. The homeowner called the police. The man go into the house, 15 min later the homeowner called again. The cops said they were in route. 15 min later the homeowner called and said to come get the body of the man. Everyone showed up in seconds. No body was found. The robber got away. But he complained that they would come for that but not a break in?

Again this was decades ago.

I will call the police once. Second time will be for EMTs to help pick the guy up off my lawn. I have a newborn and no one is getting in my home.

Does the Castle Law apply in Ma.?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

It was on the Current channel 254 if you have Comcast. A show called Vangard. Call the police for everything you see that makes your neighborhood a lesser place. If they dont send someone call back and speak with a supervisor. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Like I have said before whoever gets elected needs to make this their top priority and maybe they will hire the cops they are budgeted for. I know they have over twenty less policemen than they did twenty years ago. I also know we have one of the lowest police officer to resident ratios in the state. I don't want to start bashing this city's agenda but how about helping the people who live here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

WardWatch----I mention community policing ---You can go to two
    different sites and see the funding available to hire more police officers for the city of Malden.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Yes Driver is the only one in the city that knows this stuff.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

Driver we are not eligible for these grants due to some previous reported crime numbers. If you know better I suggest you contact the police department and tell them what they are missing out on. Please stop rambling about these so called grants. Community policing grants have gone south years ago.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

WardWatch& All Concerned about their Safety! 
    First---I have not done a detail research on the Community Policing Grants and what the city was available for;
    I was given this information from three different police officers who help put the Somerville Community Policing program together all three
    are retired but still involved;
    The name of the Grants Given to me which I submitted to the City
    Council but never heard a word back from the Public Safety Committee on them;
    (1) Massachusetts Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant;
    ( known as Jag)
    (2) Target & Blue Grants;
    (3) 16/710 Public Safety Partnership&Community Policing Grants;
       the other site I was given COPSRC@USDOJ.GOV;
     Maybe they will respond to you or someone else but first read the
    guidelines for these grants    Hope it is a help:

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Do it yourself.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WantOutofHere. Show WantOutofHere's posts

Well, when I try to google Malden and heroin, one the first things that come up is the Mayor;s Special Assistant Charlie Toomajian, and the charges that have filed against him, which includes..drum roll please...Conspiracy to distribute Heroin.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Pats2012---Why is this Mayor Protecting Charlie -------I will read
    these grants but I am handling a family problem (sister) which is
    more important at this time. Also helping a few people in the neighborhood with some problems and watching my health.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

Driver the Byrne grant is already in place. You can look that one up. The others you mention are like the people you say told you, retired. Stop jumping on everyone's posts with your nonsense please. Quickly looking things up online and giving out the information as your own isn't cutting it anymore. Best of luck with your family and your pursuit of happiness. Now stop blogging and get some rest. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

In Response to Re: Heroin Documentary Featuring Malden:
    Pats2012---Why is this Mayor Protecting Charlie -------I will read these grants but I am handling a family problem (sister) which is more important at this time. Also helping a few people in the neighborhood with some problems and watching my health.
    Posted by Driver54

The Mayor might be protecting him because, no one has said if he is guilty or innocent. I think the guy might be guilty. But if the city fires him and it turns out he is innocent, that does not look to good does it.

How about you call the mayor and ask him.

Wardwatch is dead on. And 1776 mentioned this the other day too. Most the grants are not around anymore. And Malden might not fit in to the requirements of the grants. People do not understand this. And if in fact books have been cooked to make it look like we have low crime, it would make it even harder to gain a grant. Because we have low crime the past 10 years or so.

I do not think you will have an emergency meeting to talk about grants that have been spoke about just because you want that Driver. It is not going to happen. And 99.9% of the grants you read about might sound good, but you are not a grant writer. You do not understand the entire grant.

You need to focus on other things. Because I will be the first to admit you can AT TIMES come up with good ideas. You cannot fight city hall and think you will win and the world will change. You have to work with them.

Fight for bigger recycle bins.

Fight for cleaning up your street. Set up a day for everyone to clean the sidewalks (If you have them)

Focus on your ward. All this other stuff you talk about, is old news every fireman and cop knows about already. You have no discovered anything new. You are not the savior for them. And to be honest you are getting very crazy in your postings.

Focus on one thing and do not jump to the other until you finished the one thing.

You can do it. Show us all you can do it. Don't always ask questions. Show us raw data websites so on. And if you come up with a good idea, I think all of us will back you on it. Prove us wrong Driver. Show us you do care about Malden. Do something positive.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

Thanks Coach

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Wardwatch---OOPs  maybe you should read the Grant 16.710 it is
    still being applied for and it does have it benefits but again I just glanced it over---will read it in full context later today.
    If I have time I will read up on the others but it seems that they are
    available to every community who applies;

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawthorne3. Show hawthorne3's posts

I would love to challenge Fallon and Christensen to just hang out for the day at Malden station, just sit and observe all the drug activities that are going on infront of city hall.  Just one day, that's all I ask and then ask them HOW they plan to turn the city around to the greatness it once was. 

I've lived in Malden my whole life and I am struggling to continue to stay.  I am going to give the next mayor 2 yrs tops, and if nothing has changed I am out of here. 

Sections
Shortcuts