High Price for High Rock

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

High Price for High Rock

$231,250/acre? On a rock, what kind of deal was that? Who recieves the 1.85K. Is it the Somerville developer. Is he one of Driver's friends?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

Re: High Price for High Rock

LOL Driver must have been involved with his pal whitey.  But in all seriousness how many house lots in an acre.  I think there are 40,000 sq ft in an acre?  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Fscib52-----My Friends are not that Greedy Check with Councilor
    Kinnon and Mayor Howard they are the the Thieves of this city.
    Be gone most of day have a few things to do that does not concern
    Malden and it's corrupt politicans, Maybe the Next Mayor will clean
    up city hall. Hope your not on their band wagon 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

In Response to Re: High Price for High Rock:
    LOL Driver must have been involved with his pal whitey.  But in all seriousness how many house lots in an acre.  I think there are 40,000 sq ft in an acre?  
    Posted by LastMaldenite

My lot in malden is 1/8 of an acre. If my house burned down tomorrow, I could probably sell the lot for $150,000. As far as i know, there is no ledge on the property. Who came up with that number, and who recieved 1.85 mil?
    CRAZY

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

Fscib52-----My Friends are not that Greedy Check with Councilor Kinnon and Mayor Howard they are the the Thieves of this city. Be gone most of day have a few things to do that does not concern Malden and it's corrupt politicans, Maybe the Next Mayor will clean up city hall. Hope your not on their band wagon 
    Posted by Driver54

Drive, you have a nice day today.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

Last, I forgot to mention, for that $150,000, you get a granite curb out front, concrete sidewalk with a tree, water/sewer, gas, and electric lines to the building, on a flat buildable lot.
    Did our tax payers pay too much?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrew25. Show andrew25's posts

fscib52-

8 acres@43,560 per acre=348,480
    348,480/6,000=58 house lots
    58x150,000=$8,700,000.00

Bottom line is this seems like a fair price for the property. Don't forget the developer did not make 1.85 million because I'm fairly certain they have extensive money wrapped up in that land.

BTW... if your house burned down tomorrow the land would be almost worthless. It's not a conforming lot size.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrew25. Show andrew25's posts

For the record... I would have let them build the houses.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Just curious: Are the citizens allowed to hike or go there? Is there public access to this area? The view looks fabulous!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

fscib52- 8 acres@43,560 per acre=348,480 348,480/6,000=58 house lots 58x150,000=$8,700,000.00 Bottom line is this seems like a fair price for the property. Don't forget the developer did not make 1.85 million because I'm fairly certain they have extensive money wrapped up in that land. BTW... if your house burned down tomorrow the land would be almost worthless. It's not a conforming lot size.
    Posted by andrew25

Drew, to develop a site like that, my guess is $3 to $4 million.
    You are drubbing/clearing, drilling/blasting, extending water/sewer, gas, electric, roads for the 58 lots. There are engineering, permitting, bonds, insurance. Great view, but my guess, useless to the city.
    Again, who owned the property, and what did they buy it for? Who ever had that parcel knows, this is not the time for development in this area. And funding would be another issue.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

What a waste of money.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

What a waste of money.
    Posted by WardWatch

I agree Ward, but why is everyone smiling in the photo. I don't get  it. There has to be more to this.
    Is this what driver was talking about, back room deals?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

If this is considered "parkland" does that open the door for the charter school to try and buy Roosevelt park again as it can be replaced with this parkland? You know, they buy it and lease it back to the city for the Salemwood school to use? Just asking a question here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Fscib52---Yes this what I mean---The Money spent could of gone to
    Public Safety ( Police & Fire Departments) But again looks who in the
    Picture---Yje mayor and Councilor Kinnon--which tells me something
    is in the Pipeline that the People/taxpayers will have to pay for.
    Again this how this City Council Works ---It is so corrupt that it stinks ---I hope the New Administration is more open and transparent to the citizens of malden.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrew25. Show andrew25's posts

Anniie-

Exactly when was the school going to buy the park? You should try to keep your BS agenda toned down until after your candidate joins the ranks of unemployed!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

A25: If you didn't know, there was a clause in the contract which allowed for the charter school to have first crack to buy the park if it were to ever be sold. Not like we haven't sold city property before, right? As the park abuts the new athletic facility it isn't much of a stretch to imagine they would be interested in such a deal. The Mayor refused to omit that clause regardless of how much pressure was put on him to do so. Who would have ever believed the city would sell a fire station and then lease it back for 8 years? I am not the one selling the BS. What council members allowed that travesty to go on for all those years without lifting a finger? Sure wasn't Deb.

BTW: Opening night for the Bruins will be fabulous-will you be there?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrew25. Show andrew25's posts

I am aware of the right of first refusal clause that was in the contract but I could swear you said the school was trying to buy the park. My reading comprehension skills must be fading in my old age.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

A25: Are you trying to tell me you had a premature exasperation? Bashing before thinking?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Andrew25&Fscib52&&Annie---do me a favor read the two statements

made one was by the Occupy Wall Street Protest and the Other is

From the Boston Occupy which has tents on the rose Kennedy Walkway as of tonight.Maybe it is time for the citizens of Malden to

make a statement by doing something that will wake up our City

Government. Please read the statements and see what is being said,

Second today we lost a Genius in Steve Jobs without him what and

where we would be with out his Inventions. Everyone lost a friend

in this person because of inovations and never knowing what was next in the Internet tech field. Hope you all agree. I have a IPad boy

it is a great tech product.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

58 House lots?  Well if its only 40 and they are worth 50 thousand each thats $2,000,000 conservatively.  Sounds like the city got a good deal.  One thing you can rest assured is that the Ward Six Councilor did not get ripped off on a real estate deal.  Say what you want as I have said before he is delivering for his Ward.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

58 House lots?  Well if its only 40 and they are worth 50 thousand each thats $2,000,000 conservatively.  Sounds like the city got a good deal.  One thing you can rest assured is that the Ward Six Councilor did not get ripped off on a real estate deal.  Say what you want as I have said before he is delivering for his Ward.  
    Posted by LastMaldenite

Maybe, but the cost to develope the area and cost of land could be 6 mil. That brings the cost of each lot at $150,000. Ok, that sounds ok, but we don't plan on developng the site. Maybe a park.
    No body is developing parcels like that anymore. Too expensive. I would like to know more about this deal. I was not paying attention until we gave 1.8 mil away for a potential park.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

Bobby M, i'm sure you could add some logic to this. Please put my mind at ease.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Thats a ton of money. And for that money it better be open to the public. I want to go up to high rock on the 4th of July and have a party!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

Thats a ton of money. And for that money it better be open to the public. I want to go up to high rock on the 4th of July and have a party!!!
    Posted by Pats2012Champs

Where have you been Pats. I was affraid the driver had you shut down.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

I was with Whitey. I'm starting my winter baseball program and we needed snow shoes. He gave me a ton of money to hide and also slid over a 20 for me. Laughing

Sections
Shortcuts