Holding Pattern

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

Holding Pattern

With the incumbents all back in city hall(except for the retirees), everyone is now hoping that something will be different, especially with Howard gone.
    As a parent of multiple small children in the Malden Public school system, one of the biggest gripes is the rampant expansion of apartments in the city.  The rapid growth of families in the town limits is overburdening the current public school infrastructure, which is under orders to not turn any students away.
    I sure hope curbs on apartment expansion gets enacted somehow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from buddykerr. Show buddykerr's posts

Re: Holding Pattern

In Response to Holding Pattern:
    [QUOTE]With the incumbents all back in city hall(except for the retirees), everyone is now hoping that something will be different, especially with Howard gone. As a parent of multiple small children in the Malden Public school system, one of the biggest gripes is the rampant expansion of apartments in the city.  The rapid growth of families in the town limits is overburdening the current public school infrastructure, which is under orders to not turn any students away. I sure hope curbs on apartment expansion gets enacted somehow.
    Posted by Gutclencher[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from buddykerr. Show buddykerr's posts

In Response to Re: Holding Pattern:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Holding Pattern :
    Posted by buddykerr[/QUOTE]

with the population of the city staying within a couple thousand people for the last SIXTY years [56,000-59,000]; with the average family decreasing in size for those same 60 years; with the building of allthe new schools a decade ago; with the addition of mystic valley charter school; with cheverus school; with malden students in large number attending malden catholic high school, northeast vocational highschool, pope john h.s. arlington catholic h.s., st. clements h.s.; with the increase in home-school teaching, how can the malden public schools be overburdened in the classrooms?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding Pattern : with the population of the city staying within a couple thousand people for the last SIXTY years [56,000-59,000]; with the average family decreasing in size for those same 60 years; with the building of allthe new schools a decade ago; with the addition of mystic valley charter school; with cheverus school; with malden students in large number attending malden catholic high school, northeast vocational highschool, pope john h.s. arlington catholic h.s., st. clements h.s.; with the increase in home-school teaching, how can the malden public schools be overburdened in the classrooms?
    Posted by buddykerr[/QUOTE]
    Buddy, don't you know how section 8 housing works? Those two, three and 4 bedroom units will have that building crawling with inter city youths affecting our classroms. Gut, your concern is valid. The hood flocks to malden.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

TOO ALL  ----WHAT IS NEED IS A COMPLETE VOTER/FAMILY
    REGISTRATION WHERE AUTHORIZED PEOPLE GO TO DOOR TO DOOR AND GATHER ALL THE IMPORTANT INFORMATION SUCH AS
    NUMBER OF PEOPLE LIVING IN SAID HOME WHICH THAN WILL
    GIVE THE CITY A COMPLETE NUMBER OF PEOPLE LIVING IN THIS
    CITY.      ALSO THIS COULD ALSO GIVE US EXACTLY HOW MANY CHILDREN ARE LIVING IN MALDEN. THIS COULD BE DONE IN THE SPRING AND SUMMER MONTHS BEFORE THE NEXT ELECTION.
    FINALLY THE FEDERAL/STATE COULD PAY FOR THIS COST!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KaysieMae. Show KaysieMae's posts

I would think the US Census which was just done recently within the last two years would have taken care of this count at the city level.  Why wouldn't this be acceptable?  Followup is done door to door if there has not been a mailed in reply.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fugghedaboutit. Show fugghedaboutit's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding Pattern : Buddy, don't you know how section 8 housing works? Those two, three and 4 bedroom units will have that building crawling with inter city youths affecting our classroms. Gut, your concern is valid. The hood flocks to malden.
    Posted by fscib52[/QUOTE]

Not to mention how the housing affects the neighborhoods. Decrepit houses, depressing neighborhoods, unkempt homes..absentee landlords need to be accountable. I go back and forth all day long, stay, leave, what to do?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

There is no over crowding. The kids are just over weight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BackRoomDeals. Show BackRoomDeals's posts

Im not sure about the elementary school in the city, but i know when talks about renovating Malden High were going on one of the biggest concerns was that the building was to large for the number of  that attend malden high. I remember reading somewhere that Malden High is the largest per square foot per student school in that state. This doesnt seem to be over crowding to me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BackRoomDeals. Show BackRoomDeals's posts

In terms of the High School there should be no need for space to be made, when that building was built in the late 70's early 80's Malden high was graduating about 600+ students a year. They now graduate about a third less than that with the class of 2010 being around 450 students.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BackRoomDeals. Show BackRoomDeals's posts

We're not talking apples and oranges, and thats my fault for not making my point clear enough. What I was trying to get across is that Malden has had more students enrolled in its publics school in the past than they do now. and ill have to search around for the article but earlier this year there was a rumor that the Forestdale school was going to be shut down because not enough students went to school there. If this is the case how is there a problem with the schools being overcrowded, when one school isn't even at capacity.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BackRoomDeals. Show BackRoomDeals's posts

Correction to my previous statement the Closing of the Forestdale school was an option to dealing with the $8.2 million deficit. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BackRoomDeals. Show BackRoomDeals's posts

Yes I read the same article a few min. ago, which is why i corrected myself. but clearly over population couldn't be a problem if the closing of a school was even discussed. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Gutclencher---At least you have a councilor who cares, The Councilor in Ward 7 Is again AWOL  ---Streets need repairs, double
    poles, sidewalks needing to redone and a ward meetings. Maybe he is on the Malden River patroling it  Hahahahahaha what a joke he is />

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

Clencher would have to see the number of teachers and then the number of students.  Hard to believe the schools are overcrowded.  One word of advice don't be quoting or pointing to the teacher in that article she lost all credibility when she had her recent crazy outburst at a city council meeting.  How many kids are in your kids classes?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Your so slow