How people go through your recycling bin after you place it out for pick up?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WantOutofHere. Show WantOutofHere's posts

Re: How people go through your recycling bin after you place it out for pick up?

Are you talking about the apartment building next to the court house? There are so many shopping carts right on the corner of Summer and Lincoln that i thought that Stop and Shop opened up another store.

In Response to Re: How people go through your recycling bin after you place it out for pick up?:
    [QUOTE]overthere: Amen, brutha. Our pickers never leave a mess or come on to the property (that I've seen anyway - if they have, there's no evidence of it) before the recycling is sent to the curb. As for that "horrible rattling of carts that are obviously stolen"...there's a house around the corner from us that always has carts parked out front. THAT is unsightly, and I know those tenants. They're not pickers. They're just too cheap and lazy to get a wired basket to take home their groceries. Their yard is all mud now because of the pack of half-feral dogs they keep there, and there's always trash and dog doings all over. I'll take the rattle of a respectful picker's cart coming down my street over the mess of our neighbor's any day. But then, it IS a city. Cities tend to not be oasis of suburban silence at dusk. Get over it.
    Posted by hellgirl[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Re: How people go through your recycling bin after you place it out for pick up?

WantOutOfHere: LOL! :D No. I'm talking about a triple decker on Webster Street, dead center between Myrtle and Laurel. There used to be a lawn there, now it's a dirt patch with a Beware of Dogs sign hanging from the fence, junk all over the place, the stench of dog doings when you walk by - and at least two shopping carts either parked by the porch or on their side out front at any given time.

We've made it into a game: Count the Carts. The most parked out there was 4. There's only one family in that home too, so we know who it is. They're disgusting and at least two of their dogs have attacked several neighborhood dogs and 3 people that we know of.

But, they're Section 8 so it's rather like having diplomatic protection. Everytime a complaint is lodged, nothing happens. Hooray for blight and trash!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

In Response to Re: How people go through your recycling bin after you place it out for pick up?:
    [QUOTE]WantOutOfHere: LOL! :D No. I'm talking about a triple decker on Webster Street, dead center between Myrtle and Laurel. There used to be a lawn there, now it's a dirt patch with a Beware of Dogs sign hanging from the fence, junk all over the place, the stench of dog doings when you walk by - and at least two shopping carts either parked by the porch or on their side out front at any given time. We've made it into a game: Count the Carts. The most parked out there was 4. There's only one family in that home too, so we know who it is. They're disgusting and at least two of their dogs have attacked several neighborhood dogs and 3 people that we know of. But, they're Section 8 so it's rather like having diplomatic protection. Everytime a complaint is lodged, nothing happens. Hooray for blight and trash!!!

hellgirl:

I sympathize with your plight. 
       On the one hand, we have absentee landlords in this city who don't care about who they rent their properties out to and let these tenants trash them.
       On the other hand, we have a city that does not enforce the existing ordinances, and try to come up with new laws and regulations (which I doubt will be enforced): but who am I kidding, this is Malden after all, not a "W" town, right?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

hellgirl: So glad your calls to your kouncilor have made a difference! I think it's been at least three years since you've made him aware of this problem house. I guess he's been a little busy tho trying to redo parks for the charter school to use or building an athletic facility for the school to worry about real problems in his ward. Some things never change!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVInsider. Show MVInsider's posts

Annie -
     Are you referring to your soon to be friend Kinnon? Oh yes, LastMaldenite made a comment under his submission about you and Kinnon becoming friends in the near future ('you are coming around to Kinnon....'). It may have been deleted but was quite entertaining!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

[QUOTE]hellgirl: So glad your calls to your kouncilor have made a difference! I think it's been at least three years since you've made him aware of this problem house. I guess he's been a little busy tho trying to redo parks for the charter school to use or building an athletic facility for the school to worry about real problems in his ward. Some things never change!
    Posted by AnnieOMalden[/QUOTE]

LOL! I stopped reporting long ago. What's the point? Nothing is ever done and nothing was done then either. Calling Public Health and Animal Control? Yeah. Good luck getting them out there.

I'll never forget my old LL calling the Malden ACO to get rid of a pitbull a tenant residing in his former property had illegally obtained (she wasn't supposed to have it). Our LL drove to Malden several times to meet with the ACO at the house, but the ACO never showed up.

When the fecal matter hit the fan one day and she nearly burned the place down, the dog attacked responders and the ACO had the AUDACITY to threaten my LL with criminal charges for allowing the dog on the property. HE DIDN'T ALLOW IT. HE TRIED TO GET YOU TO GET RID OF IT! FOR MONTHS!

And the entire time? He was in the process of trying to evict her (she came with the property when he bought it). It took over a year and a near disaster before she finally left of her own accord (after the aforementioned incident). Malden Housing, the ACO, the courts...none of them helped him in the end. They only bankrupted him and he lost the house.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

anotherman: I think the landlord of that property is a Malden resident! Several people told me a firefighter bought it. But as I mentioned to AnnieO above, in a previous place, all of the reporting in the world didn't resolve any of the issues we'd experienced and it wasn't out LL. It was the city's own inaction.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

hellgirl: Yeah, LastMaldenite is in the koolaid kloud! Reports of me in a "love fest" with Neil are a delusion of a koolaid soaked imagination of someone who desperately needs Neil to kontinue whatever handout LastMaldenite is in fear of losing if his master loses this election!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3gnmw. Show 3gnmw's posts

[QUOTE]anotherman: I think the landlord of that property is a Malden resident! Several people told me a firefighter bought it. But as I mentioned to AnnieO above, in a previous place, all of the reporting in the world didn't resolve any of the issues we'd experienced and it wasn't out LL. It was the city's own inaction.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3gnmw. Show 3gnmw's posts

I know that house on Webster. I go by it every other day.
    They have what looks like a great dane/pit bull mix? giant dog.
    As far as going through the recycle bin?
    On street, off street, they don't care.
    I have seen can people go house to house to house.....
    Didn't matter where, they are going in anyway.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

3gnmw: They have some sort of huge hound that's attacked other dogs as well as at least 2 people, a mild mannered elderly black lab, and that pit bull/dane mix thing that seems to be taking cues from the hound in terms of temperment. They never clean up the dog s**t on the sidewalk either when they do walk them - and half the time, one or more of the things is off the lead. No one in the neighborhood can stand those animals or the owners, but calls to ACO have apparently gone unheeded on that one as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

hellgirl:

They better keep a leash on their dogs... The owner of that house, its tenants, and the City of Malden (through the ACO) better watch out, because this is a lawsuit waiting to happen against all of them, if those dogs ever cause bodily injury or death

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

What is the big deal.  Poor people trying to make some money.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

I like the Southeast Asia feel of my area on trash day

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawthorne3. Show hawthorne3's posts

When i was a kid in somerville, we occassionally would find a stop and shop carriage and play with it, until the cops came to my house and wanted to arrest us for stealing.  aah the good old days!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

An honest days work at least not holding people up.