Hypocrisy at the Oak Grove Community Building

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AMaldenSeniorCitizen. Show AMaldenSeniorCitizen's posts

Hypocrisy at the Oak Grove Community Building

I was thrilled to hear the city was allocating 100,000. for the Oak Grove Community Building. I thought finally the city would be making the building accessable for people with disabilities. Instead, I recently learned that they have no intentions to make the building accessible - but they are putting in new windows. Those windows appear fine to me. I have also heard that they intend to change the valuation of the building so that they may circumvent the requirement set by the architectural access board that would require accessability to be achieved when the city spends 100k. The other issue is that they intend to spend under the threshold so that again they may circumvent the universal access requirement. It looks as though certain people in this city are going out of their way to discriminate against the disabled. Just look at the names involved with the committee for the Oak Grove Community Building and how they are voting and what these people are proposing and you will learn of the great hypocrisy going on in this city right now. I would like to add if you hear they can not afford it -  Just rememer -it is only in name only.                      
    8/26/2012 1:32 PM EDT

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaldenPride. Show MaldenPride's posts

Re: Hypocrisy at the Oak Grove Community Building

In Response to Hypocrisy at the Oak Grove Community Building:
    I was thrilled to hear the city was allocating 100,000. for the Oak Grove Community Building. I thought finally the city would be making the building accessable for people with disabilities. Instead, I recently learned that they have no intentions to make the building accessible - but they are putting in new windows. Those windows appear fine to me. I have also heard that they intend to change the valuation of the building so that they may circumvent the requirement set by the architectural access board that would require accessability to be achieved when the city spends 100k. The other issue is that they intend to spend under the threshold so that again they may circumvent the universal access requirement. It looks as though certain people in this city are going out of their way to discriminate against the disabled. Just look at the names involved with the committee for the Oak Grove Community Building and how they are voting and what these people are proposing and you will learn of the great hypocrisy going on in this city right now. I would like to add if you hear they can not afford it -  Just rememer -it is only in name only.                       8/26/2012 1:32 PM EDT
    Posted by AMaldenSeniorCitizen

Nestor has got to go...He is useless!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AMaldenSeniorCitizen. Show AMaldenSeniorCitizen's posts

In Response to Re: Hypocrisy at the Oak Grove Community Building:
    In Response to Hypocrisy at the Oak Grove Community Building : Nestor has got to go...He is useless!!!

How True.  But not just Nestor.  Take a look at the composition of the committee and their connections to the Mayor's office. This is the height of hypocrisy. These people are going out of their way to block access to the building.  The way I see it is that it is not much of a community building.  The only committee people doing the right thing is the  Oak Grove Improvement Assn.
    Posted by MaldenPride

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldenlady. Show Maldenlady's posts

I didn't realize that ADA could be circumvented in this way.  Good to know -- also troubling...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AMaldenSeniorCitizen. Show AMaldenSeniorCitizen's posts

I agree the sitiatopm is extremely troubling.  I recently read how the mayor has proposed dropping more taxpayers money for hidden cameras and police in response to crime in the city.  What is ironic about all of this is that it was an elderly woman who was a victim of a violent  home invasion who was one of the first proponents of universal access for the Oak Grove Community Building.  She walked with a cane and had difficulty entering the building.  This sweet lady who has since passed saw involvement with the community as key to her safety.  I agree.  Without a strong community the only thing you will have is crime no matter how much money is spent on hidden cameras and police.  It is also ironic that these politicians are attempting to circumvent the law at the same time that they are making alot of noise about crime.  And I am saying "attempting" because it does not mean they will succeed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AMaldenSeniorCitizen. Show AMaldenSeniorCitizen's posts

Regarding previous post I meant to say that the situation is extremely troubling.

7. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts