If you are against Charter Schools don't watch The Lottery

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrew25. Show andrew25's posts

Re: If you are against Charter Schools don't watch The Lottery

Let's not confuse useful information with useless opinion and propaganda. An example would be the bus issue(useful info) and the lip reading software post(absurd,useless propaganda).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxplayer. Show taxplayer's posts

Andrew....Really?????for you to say that it seems to only effect woman.  I cant even post here what I would like to say to a LOSER like you. If you had a clue, which you do not, anyone who has or had children in that schools knows that without someone like Carol always fighting for what was right and promised  and, was always right in what she was fighting for, children would not be getting what they are supposed to get regarding special ed. I am happy for you that you child or children do not have or needed  it but Carol forced  the school to do what they were supposed to.Oh, BTW, I am a better man than you will ever be. I can say that by just reading your post. Why dont you have Kinnon kiss you on the lips to break the spell you seem to be under.... Response to Re: If you are against Charter Schools don't watch The Lottery:
    "I truly did walk away from that school once my child graduated." Really? You expect me to believe they didn't offer your child an opportunity to repeat K-12!?!? I have to admit I've yet to have a child graduate from high school but let it be known...if I'm not invited back at least twice a year I'm going to be pissed! Carol, have you had the pleasure of meeting my friend AnnieO. She seems to have had a similar experience. I like to call it "the Kinnon Spell". You're put into a deep trance until your child graduates with an exceptional education then you wake up screaming like a maniac that you were forced into the whole time. I'll have to be careful but it seems to only effect women at this stage. BTW... if you have information that parents should be aware of it's not "professional" or "doing the right thing" not to disclose it. It's a disservice to the children at the school.
    Posted by andrew25

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxplayer. Show taxplayer's posts

Hey malden2010....I am happy for you that your child is getting everything they deserve. As a parent with a special needs child, and besides what you may read or hear, without Carol fighting the system to get special needs where it is today at the school, your child would not be receiving the proper special needs education thats in place now at the school. I hope you and your child have a great school year and never have to deal with the administration concerning any problems....... n Response to Re: If you are against Charter Schools don't watch The Lottery:
    Useful information can also be deemed useless propaganda when only half-truths are put out to make the school look like they're doing something wrong. On that note, I'm looking forward to another fantastic year at the school and interacting with all the wonderful faculty and staff, particularly the Special Ed. department that really goes above and beyond in their concern for my kid. They have been a huge help. In Response to Re: If you are against Charter Schools don't watch The Lottery :
    Posted by malden2010

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrew25. Show andrew25's posts

Loser? LOSER? In the
    words of our most famous citizen-Meet me down
    at
    city hall you yellow-Bellied son of a chicken.Dingady ding dang Bang bang bang

What exactly does "taxplayer" mean anyways?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxplayer. Show taxplayer's posts

Go ask a woman....If you can find one to talk to you........n Response to Re: If you are against Charter Schools don't watch The Lottery:
    Loser? LOSER? In the words of our most famous citizen-Meet me down at city hall you yellow-Bellied son of a chicken.Dingady ding dang Bang bang bang What exactly does "taxplayer" mean anyways?
    Posted by andrew25

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxplayer. Show taxplayer's posts

malden2010. I never bashed the school in any of my posts but commented on something I have knowledge about. TheSpecial Ed training and IEPs that go along with it.. If your child is receiving the required special ed requirements then yes, I would give accolades to Carol for pushing for that. As far as my post saying "The school is wonderful and doing a great job, worthy of all the honors it is receiving". Those are your words not mine. I wouldn't make such comments about something I do not have that much knowledge about As far as who should receive the credit for the fine points of the school, there were many staff and parents in the begining years that deserve the credit. Please dont twist my words. I never said it was a torture chamber. Again, I never bashed the school ......n Response to Re: If you are against Charter Schools don't watch The Lottery:
    taxplayer: Thanks for the well wishes, I appreciate it. I have to admit some confusion here. I started posting about the school because I was so annoyed with all the negative comments regarding the different departments, but I see that I was wrong. According to your post, there is no disagreement. The school is wonderful and doing a great job, worthy of all the honors it is receiving. The only disagreement is regarding who should receive credit for it. O.k. I get it now. Thanks and best of luck to you and your child as well. In Response to Re: If you are against Charter Schools don't watch The Lottery :
    Posted by malden2010

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxplayer. Show taxplayer's posts

And as I stated before, I did not slam the school. I am still singing the same tune. the only one that brought up credit or recognition was you.If you can find the post that I was slaming the school please send it out so I can see it. enjoy your run................n Response to Re: If you are against Charter Schools don't watch The Lottery:
    Not too many posts ago people were complaining about how awful the school is. Now, the tune has changed to how wonderful the school is. That's fine with me. As long as we all realize that it is a wonderful school. And let's stop maligning it and scaring families off of the school by posting comments that do not apply to the school. I'm sorry that the appropriate people didn't get the recognition....oh, wait, no one's looking for recognition. Right? Yeah, its clear from the last few posts, nobody wants any recognition. How big of you all. And with that, I'm off for my run!
    Posted by malden2010

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

"I happy to not share information that I have."

Then you shouldnt have said nothing in the first place.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Get our hopes all high thinking they are building Nuke weapons and now you back out. Such a let down!!! Give us a hint.....Do they have a bomb shelter for Doomsday?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Wait. There are no nukes?! Boo. What did I bother to come back and read for then?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Yea thats what i am saying. They should be making WMD in that school. She needs to expose them!!! Then we can all be on TV. (In full anti nuke get you sick suits)

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

And I just read an interesting Op-Ed piece in the Globe about how the Montessori system has actually produced the most innovative and successful students to-date. While I am out and undecided on how I feel about Montessori, I can certainly see the numbers...and "teach to test" is just, well, silly.

The piece also noted that a growing number of Charter Schools were taking the Montessori Model from inception. MVCRS appears to be teaching from an increasingly passe model...although the test numbers are positive in comparison, what does that mean for the real world and for fostering innovation? How have graduates compared to Montessori peers and to others? THAT is what I would like to know before making such a decision.

FTR: It's clear that MVRCS is maligned not for it's academics but for it's Figurehead. But ultimately, I want to know what happens to the students afterwards...even after college. How do they fare?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Make sure you check the data.  MV is a truly classical education and it is not in vogue today but the results are amazing.  You should take a tour and talk to people there.  This school would not ever have existed without the Board and would never have gotten to where it did without them.  People clawing to get in and very few leave that is all one really needs to know about any product.  Some people by Mercedes and are not happy.  There is nothing wrong with that nothing is perfect.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

MVCSparent: Where did you get your education? Are you, as other posters assert, actually affiliated with the school in a board/faculty capavity? I'm not being combative, please don't mistake the question as such...but I am curious.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shoes-MeLikey. Show Shoes-MeLikey's posts

Hellgirl:  From the very few people I know of who have gone on to college, they haven't had any really issues.  I think going from a small school environment and being with the same 70+ kids to 500+ would be overwhelming. I also know they have tested out of most pre-req classes..some even taking 3rd year year classes instead.  Read up on the IB program the charter offers. 

Sections
Shortcuts