Investigation into Sheriffs Department

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Re: Investigation into Sheriffs Department

Educated/activemaldonian: The fact I state I am not sure means I am not sure about Gary's involvement. I love how you think you can tell me how I feel about things when you don't even know me. If you want to say these things about me, go ahead. Talk about predictable responses! Keep twisting my words and use them for your own purposes. The investigation is open and ongoing--that is the real facts of the matter. Do I believe Gary was involved? I have no real way to know. He and the Sherrif know, though, and one of them is not talking. Do I want to believe Gary is involved? No, that would be a shock as I do believe he is a decent, hard working man even though we disagree politically. So, can I be shocked or not? If you don't think so, then you don't think I believe Gary is a decent, hardworking man. Do I think he knows the direction this city needs to go in? No, he clearly does not. And that's a fact! Deb for Mayor!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

How do you know what Gary does at work?

Think we should expose Deb and how she spends her money at her non profit? No we won't do that until after the election.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Educated/activemaldonian: Oh, you didn't know? She has a successor who will continue to run Portal to Hope. There is also a Board of Directors who oversee the operation so rest assured, there is continuity. It is not just women who are victims of domestic violence, you know.

Gary has never had to think about where the money is coming from for the Sherrif's Dept. Over 75% of the budget goes to salaries and benefits and he manages the paperwork and does not make major decisions as to where the money goes. This city has been tanking during his tenure on the council. How much money has been lost due to not actively pursuing it like Deb knows how to do? This council has turned back a $762,000 grant and not taken the whole $2.2mil SAFER grant. This admin and council doesn't know how to take money that is GIVEN to them! How much money has been lost due to theft and incompetance while on Gary's watch? Time for change. Out with the amigos and in with fresh ideas and new voices of the people! GO DEB!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

In Response to Re: Investigation into Sheriffs Department:
    Educated/activemaldonian: Oh, you didn't know? She has a successor who will continue to run Portal to Hope. There is also a Board of Directors who oversee the operation so rest assured, there is continuity. It is not just women who are victims of domestic violence, you know. Gary has never had to think about where the money is coming from for the Sherrif's Dept. Over 75% of the budget goes to salaries and benefits and he manages the paperwork and does not make major decisions as to where the money goes. This city has been tanking during his tenure on the council. How much money has been lost due to not actively pursuing it like Deb knows how to do? This council has turned back a $762,000 grant and not taken the whole $2.2mil SAFER grant. This admin and council doesn't know how to take money that is GIVEN to them! How much money has been lost due to theft and incompetance while on Gary's watch? Time for change. Out with the amigos and in with fresh ideas and new voices of the people! GO DEB!!!
    Posted by AnnieOMalden
    Good for her- she is a real advocate for domestic violence!  
    I wonder why she takes 50% of the donations from the victims as her salary?  Can you imagine how many more people/victims she could have helped with that money?  With a salary of $87,000 a year, why does she need a second job?  That doesn't sound like very smart financial planning.
    Just sayin..
    We all make choices in life and she chose her career for whatever the reasons and you know what the job entails and the money you will make before entering.  You cannot use this as leverage and justify taking such a huge salary from such a small nonprofit.  It was also Gary's choice to spend his hard earned money working two jobs and put that towards his education.  He worked his way through his education and careers.  Just as Ryan's Family Amusements where he worked for years!

Both are well earned and respectable, but you cannot use people's choices against them.  You make it sound like you both are envious of Gary's job and the salary he makes.  You still have time to make career moves if that is what you are looking for. It sure seems like Fallon is going for a pay increase!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Patsy: Gary is a budget director, plain and simple. He pushes a pencil and uses a computer. Maybe he has a meeting or more, coffee, lunch and sometimes a dinner here and there. I didn't say he doesn't work hard but again, you cannot compare what they do for work.

Educated/activemaldonian: Maybe Deb isn't in this job just for the money. She needs a second job because she is not a trust fund baby and has bills to pay like the rest of us. She understands how you need to cut back when you have less to spend and how to get the most out of the money you have to work with-not going to the citizens or the legislature for more money to cover the overruns. She doesn't "take" from victims, rather she "gives" to the victims! Again with the twisting to a negative.

FYI: I thought since you were so "educated" you would know the difference between "for" or "against" domestic violence! Just sayin... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

Patsy: Gary is a budget director, plain and simple. He pushes a pencil and uses a computer. Maybe he has a meeting or more, coffee, lunch and sometimes a dinner here and there. I didn't say he doesn't work hard but again, you cannot compare what they do for work. Educated/activemaldonian: Maybe Deb isn't in this job just for the money. She needs a second job because she is not a trust fund baby and has bills to pay like the rest of us. She understands how you need to cut back when you have less to spend and how to get the most out of the money you have to work with-not going to the citizens or the legislature for more money to cover the overruns. She doesn't "take" from victims, rather she "gives" to the victims! Again with the twisting to a negative. FYI: I thought since you were so "educated" you would know the difference between "for" or "against" domestic violence! Just sayin... 
    Posted by AnnieOMalden

She "takes" a large percentage of her donations given to her nonprofit for her victims and "gives" it to her salary. Plain and simple. When you are confronted with facts and common sense, you start mixing things up and making inferences.
    Who in their right mind would ever say they are for domestic violence? And if it was said, it had to be a mistake or taken out of context.

I raise a family on less then what she is taking in from her small nonprofit's budget, so do not go down that road with me.  Who do you know that is a trust fund baby? I need to start hanging around in your crowd!
    This is where I end...when your irrational rants begin.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Educated/activemaldonian: Your words: "Good for her- she is a real advocate for domestic violence!"

Why do you expect Deb not to receive a salary for what she does? Gary takes a 100% salary from the state! His salary comes from the taxpayers, you know, right? I sure don't know any trust fund babies in Malden-that was my point. 

If you are raising a family on less than what you think Deb receives as her salary I don't understand why you aren't more upset with the tax and spend amigos on the council. Gary considers moving city hall and "appearance is everthing" over the safety and welfare of our city. How many years has he sat on the council and knew we needed a new fire station when we sold the Maplewood station to the charter school and rented it back from them? He thinks food trucks are the next best way to bring business into this city!

If you don't think he will support the parking sticker his amigo Kinnon is determined to force upon us, think again! Do you want 200+ apartments at the Super Fitness site? More on the city hall site? How many more deals will be done in the back room if Deb isn't there to stop it? The amigos fought her and anything she wanted to push throughf because she stands up for the citizens, not the friends and family. Don't you get it? Wake up! We will get more of the same with Gary and not the change we so desperately need!

DEB FALLON FOR CHANGE!!! NOT MORE OF THE SAME!!!  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Annie---Question  for You---If and when Ms Fallon Loses what will you do on here---because you will a lonely person. I Just hope she
    wins so she can find a place in her administrtaion because than maybe common sense will come to these forums.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Tell you what, driver: if Deb Fallon loses, I will stop commenting here. Malden will have spoken and gets what it deserves. I will survive, I do not need any job from her or anyone else. Regardless of who wins, they will fix PAYT so I win! 

After the PAYT lost on a technicality, I was disappointed in those who complained about PAYT and didn't vote. Certainly it wasn't the fault of those who did. Yet, I accepted the terms of our defeat and had my eyes opened to how things work in this city with the amigos in charge. When Mayor Howard said he was stepping down I got renewed hope there was a desire for change in this city. 

Hopefully, those who did not vote in the PAYT election now realize how every vote counts and are as hungry for change as I am. If not, I have done my part to effect change and cannot do it alone. I accept the will of the people however misguided I may feel it is. Somehow I doubt I will be a lonely person as I have made more friends in this city by knocking on doors and talking to people for the past 3-4 years.

The bigger question is, what will YOU do once the election is over? Will you keep harrassing people with your nonsense and alienating those who might actually help you if you didn't act so kooky? Don't worry about me, driver. I will be fine. Seriously, I have a nice life for myself already and don't "need" any of this. Instead of just complaining nameless and faceless on these blogs, I actually get out there and DO something about it. The people will speak on Nov. 8 and I will have no problem with what the people decide. Even if they elect Kinnon! LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaldenResident. Show MaldenResident's posts

This entire discussion has gone to fantasy land. It's pure coincidence that Christenson is in the news because of the scandal at his work, and that these two candidates didn't have another debate. Seriously doubt that he had anything to do with whatever happened at the Sheriff's department. At the same time, Fallon went to the state with a $150k budget for her non-profit; they approved her with $100k. Over a two year period, she uses $87k for her salary. That's pretty good and very frugal for a non-profit director. 

Both of these candidates have offered their own good ideas on turning Malden around. You should be voting on those items and not making whales out of goldfish.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongTallSally. Show LongTallSally's posts

So how much does Gary get for a salary?  Did I miss this Class 101 Budget Manager?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

What does that have to do with anything? I am pretty sure he doesn't get the majority of the Sheriff's budget.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongTallSally. Show LongTallSally's posts

I was wondering what his salary was and now found out.......gee, Debi makes a lot less than he does and all of you criticize what she makes when doing all the things she does for her non-profit organization.  Shame on you all for critizing her for that.  Fifteen years and still making under $100,000.  Maybe this is the time for her to move on......on to the new office of Mayor for Malden!  Vote Deb Fallon on November 8th.  Without a doubt she is the best candidate for change for this city. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Long Tall Sally ---Your comparing Apples and Oranges and there is a difference----It is called experience and Knowledge on how to read a Budget and Put one together.

I still have not made up my mind but favor Gary who still shows Flaws but My question to you and Annie will Ms fallon hire friends and relatives for jobs or hire the best qualified people.

Finally will she hire a professional grant writer to go after all the

Federal Funds and Grants available to this city lost under this current Mayor.

Unanswer question if she loses will she attend any more Council Meetings or just Fade away.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

driver: ok, who's the butt kisser now? Why do you think Deb Fallon is running for office? This city is a who's who of friends and family who have lined their pockets. Deb's sister may work for the city yet she is highly qualified for her job as City Solicitor. She is actually a lawyer who has passed rigorous testing to qualify for her law degree. Can you say that about the rest of the employees? Gary and his amigos have the most to lose if Deb is elected--business as usual will be history.

Perhaps you missed the part of the debate where Deb said she will scour every opportunity to receive grants instead of taxing the citizens to the poor house. Gary doesn't believe in grants and not only did he agree to turn back $762,000 this past spring, he won't agree to accept the entire no strings, return to the citizens of our federal tax dollars $2.2mil for the strengthening of the MFD. Accepting grant money frees up the taxpayer money to do other things, right?

I can't answer for what Deb would do after completing her term if the citizens of this city fail to seize this opportunity to change and take our city back from those who have run it off the track. I would not blame her if she washed her hands of those who continue to want more of the same and allow the amigos to continue the smoke and mirrors they like to call Malden City Council and doing their business as usual.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

driver: ok, who's the butt kisser now? Why do you think Deb Fallon is running for office? This city is a who's who of friends and family who have lined their pockets. Deb's sister may work for the city yet she is highly qualified for her job as City Solicitor. She is actually a lawyer who has passed rigorous testing to qualify for her law degree. Can you say that about the rest of the employees? Gary and his amigos have the most to lose if Deb is elected--business as usual will be history. Perhaps you missed the part of the debate where Deb said she will scour every opportunity to receive grants instead of taxing the citizens to the poor house. Gary doesn't believe in grants and not only did he agree to turn back $762,000 this past spring, he won't agree to accept the entire no strings, return to the citizens of our federal tax dollars $2.2mil for the strengthening of the MFD. Accepting grant money frees up the taxpayer money to do other things, right? I can't answer for what Deb would do after completing her term if the citizens of this city fail to seize this opportunity to change and take our city back from those who have run it off the track. I would not blame her if she washed her hands of those who continue to want more of the same and allow the amigos to continue the smoke and mirrors they like to call Malden City Council and doing their business as usual.
    Posted by AnnieOMalden

This is a bunch of crap and you all know it. Gary isn't for grants- stop being so condescending to the voters- it's what is so off-putting about your whole crew anyway.  
    Gary Christenson is the ONLY choice for Mayor with the experience and dedication to get things done.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

educated/activemaldonian: Huh? "Gary isn't for grants"??? Are you serious? You actually admit that? You think that is a good thing? Do you think taxing people is a better way than accepting grants? You do know what a "grant" is right? Why hasn't he been getting more done in all the years he's been on the Council? He and his amigos are the reason we're in the trouble we're in! Wake up and smell the Korruption! DEB FALLON FOR MAYOR!! BRING THE CHANGE WE NEED NOW!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GetActive. Show GetActive's posts

educated/activemaldonian: Huh? "Gary isn't for grants"??? Are you serious? You actually admit that? 
    Posted by AnnieOMalden

Educated was repeating what you were saying AnnieO, not making a statement about Gary. Learn how to read.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongTallSally. Show LongTallSally's posts

A professional grant writer?  Are you kidding me?  We don't need a professtional grant writer!  I have a book called "grant writing for dummies".  I picked it up here in Malden at a yard sale for $0.50.  I'll give it to the incumbent!  All it takes is a few smarts at what you're looking for and where to find the monies.  For sure I thought you would know.  That's why we're paying for that special assistant to  help get those monies!  Aren't we?  LOL!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Getactive: I beg your pardon. Sometimes it is difficult when reading something to get the "tone" of sarcasm. You don't have to be mean. I think I know how to read. I was answering a question posed to me by driver and educated/active maldonian poked his nose into the conversation.  

educated/activemaldonian: Sorry if you feel I am "condescending" to you and your amigos. What is condescending about pointing out the fact that Gary has turned back grants and isn't pushing to find more? No, taxing the residents by rolling out Kinnon's parking sticker and building apartments is where Gary will finance his pay-back to the Mayor by building a new city hall. I just don't understand why you don't see the obvious and it is not Gary for Mayor. Deb Fallon is the only one who will bring about change in this city! FALLON FOR MAYOR!!!  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

LongTallSally----time to do your Homework---Find out what it takes to write a Professional Grant---Than see what the steps are needed to get to Washington and people that have to be contacted.  why does Cambridge use the Students from Harvard ( Grant writers courses ) under a Co-op Program that the College sponsors. Than Look at Tufts and see what they have to Offer for programs and Co-Op programs that could help this city. I read that book and it was so short sighted it was Funny---When Congressman Capauano was mayor of Somerville he asked harvard and Tufts for their expertise in this
    field and look what Federal Funds and Grants they receive every year by using the colleges around this city. Neither Candidate will ask for help and the city loses every time.
    when the Stimulus Money was available look at what Cambridge, Medford, Somerville, Everett, Boston, Winchester
    received by having a Professional Grant writer on their staff and look what we received. Than I told both Candidates that
    the Leary Firefighters Foundation wanted to help this city but
    neither made contact also neither did the mayor, but Boston
    and Cambridge and Everett received donations from the leary
    Firefighters Foundation the city of Malden received zero but
    Grants and federal funds keep going to other cities but not here
    why?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

lONGTALLSALLY---fyi-----I AM PRETTY WELL IN TUNE WITH WHAT IS GOING ON POLITICALLY HERE AND IN THE STATE AND
    HAVE DAILY UPDATES FROM OUR TWO U.S. SENATORS AND ALSO
    A FRIEND IN THE WHITE hOUSE. SO READ YOUR bOOK ON GRANT
    WRITERS AND BELIEVE IT, THAN CONTACT A FEW OF OUR LOCAL
    COLLEGES ABOUT GRANT WRITING PROGRAMS AND HOW THEY
    BENEFIT THE CITIES THAT ASK FOR THEIR HELP. BUT THAT WOULD SHOW YOU WHAT IT REALLY TAKES TO BE A GRANT WRITER. 
    FINALLY COME NOV.23RD HOW WILL THE MANDATORY FEDERAL 
    CUTS WILL AFFECT THIS STATE AND CITY. I TALKING THE YEARS
    2012,2013,2014 -----I HAVE SOME KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT IS GOING TO BE CUT AND POTENTIALLY AFFECTING THIS STATE AND CITY. IT IS NOW BOOT STRAPPING TIME.
    ELIMINATED   

Sections
Shortcuts