Kinnon's in the Doghouse AGAIN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

Kinnon's in the Doghouse AGAIN

Seems Councillor Kinnon has won over more of his constituents.  A group of neighbors living in close proximity to the Trafton dog park have had it with the constant dog barking and illegal parking by dog owners.

These homeowners were never notified or invited to voice their concerns before the park was constructed.

These are not anti dog people.  Instead they are residents who would like to enjoy some peace and quiet in their backyards or in their own homes with their windows open on a warm summer night.

Although HUD funding was used to construct the park, the city once again, did not follow HUD procedure by involving citizens in the planning of the park renovations.  The Trafton dog park abutters were never notified or asked for their input.

When Councillor Kinnon was contacted by his constituents, he responded by stating, the park is staying.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Re: Kinnon's in the Doghouse AGAIN

MV/Edukated/et al: I also read the daily Malden Evening News and I am quoting from that:
    "He said (Kinnon) while the park was designed "generally with the idea" it would be used by neighborhood residents, he acknowledged there are people from outside the area using it and said officials are trying to come up with some sort of permit system that would indicate who should be in the park. He said he's also talked to the city's IT director about getting a surveillance camera for that section of the park that would allow police to monitor the area and move people out when they are not supposed to be there.

Permits and the installation of security cameras could be moot however, unless city ordinances are amended. One section of the ordinances, entitled "Nuisance by Animals Prohibited" (Section 9.23) bars among other things, the entrance of animals into parks, playgrounds, school grounds and city cemetaries at all times. A sign posted indicates the hours of operation for Trafton and warns residents of several things including "motor vehicles, alcohol and animals".

Another section in the ordinances (Section 9.17) requires that all dogs "be restrained at all times by a chain or leash not exceeding 6' in length, except when on the owner's property. Most dogs being taken into the dog park are unleashed to exercise them.

Violations of both sections carry fines.

Asked whether these sections mean the dog park is prohibited under current city ordinances, Kinnon said he believes it legally does, but if not the ordinances can be amended.

"Could there be a contradiction? Sure," said Kinnon. "If there is, I'll have it passed by the council next week."

Anyone notice a pattern here?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfd237. Show mfd237's posts

Imagine this they are trying to get a doggy owner surveillance camera for Trafton Park but this city with its IT director can't even get the computers functioning properly in the 3 operating fire stations in the city so the company officers can do reports..What a joke!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

i don't really know the man to well, but mr kinnon comes across as not only passionate,but pompous, condescending and arrogant. and by reading this about the dog park for the first time, it appears it's another case of jumping in with both feet and worry about the consequenses after. and rather than step back and take a look at it fully, he's more willing to stand by his first decision to the end, go down with the ship if you will............on another note...cameras are a great tool to aid police, no doubt, i just wonder how 25 cameras can be monitored effectivley by one policeman, or 2? that's 1 or 2 not on the street.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldengal. Show Maldengal's posts

Seriously? Dogs barking? I am calling the newspaper tomorrow because the streetlight outside my house flickers, the bugs are too loud, a bird pooped on my car, someone from Medford parks in front of my house sometimes and its all Kinnon's fault.   :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

Actually Maldengal.

It's upwards of 10-20 dogs barking from 8AM to 10AM.  Care to build a dog park abutting your property?

No problem with dog defacation fermenting in the hot barrels in the park all summer?

The best part is using $38K to build a dog park without consulting the abutters.  No problem there either?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldengal. Show Maldengal's posts

So what would YOU like incorrupt? Get rid of the park?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Malden Gal,  pay no attention to this.  Any time Mr Kinnon's name is mentioned Annie No will jump in an bash anyway she can its been going on for years.  Incorrupt and MFD usually join right in as MFD is just a mouthpiece and its no secret the Firemen hate Mr Kinnon because he has the backbone to question the status quo no matter what department it is.  There is no question he is not a typical politician telling everyone what they would like to hear but step back and look at the real record and I think if you lived in Maplewood you would be happy.  He certainly seems to get things done over there.  Yes a dog park that seems that most people actually like.  I've been to Trafton during my kids field days its in great shape.  I'd take it over Amerige any day.   He convinced his collegues to by that High Rock piece of land to save open space.  Not sure about that one but if I lived in that neighborhood or his Ward I would be happy about it. No blasting up there now.  And now they are talking about a major overhaul at South Broadway Park I have seen the plans on the Malden Patch.  6 million dollars but almost none funded by the city they say.  Speed bump wiht light in front of Senior home in Maplewood Sqaure.  Just seems as though lots of things get down down there so he certainly gets along with the right people.  Now watch the haters go on the attack but ask them if these things aren't true.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenrezident. Show maldenrezident's posts

MVCSparent: Can you tell us what Counciler Kinnon has done to get the Maplewood fire station replaced? In all the years he has been on the council, what has he done to make that happen? Explain that to us, please.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

I really enjoyed Kinnon talking to the press about how he was a ONE man vigilante squad chasing down criminals in his car around town.  That was classic.  I'm still chuckling remembering that reality TV episode.  Oh wait!!  It really did happen!!  I'm proud.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldengal. Show Maldengal's posts

I like Trafton Park, no I am not an abutter, but I WISH I WAS! The tot-lot is pretty much brand new, fields are great, courts are nice and they took a small area of the park to designate it to dogs. I think its a great place for it. That area was pretty much "unusable" anyways with all the ledge and rock that is there. I take my kids there all the time, and yes, my little dog too! Again, I wish I was an abutter! Anyone selling? :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Id rather have dog nuts in a barrel then on first base. You take the good with the bad. You cannot ban dogs from taking a dump. So put them in the dog park. And most people that use dog parks work hard to keep it clean.

So lets do what Fallons little group wants and get rid of the dog park, put a diapar on the dogs and now she can walk around the park.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

Where does it say that the park has to be closed?  YOU are saying that.  There can be resolutions. 

Resolutions that would make the abutters feel like they are being LISTENED to. 

Perhaps the dog officer could offer an opinion on the matter to help resolve the issues surrounding the park which include noise, fecal matter, and illegal parking on a dangerous corner.

Suggestions are an option.  Disregarding residents with valid concerns, taxpayers, and constituents should not be a option.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

The sticker parking will help with illegal parking.

Im sure you would back the sticker parking if all that money went to the MFD huh?

Deb does not listen to no one. Face the facts. She is just BLAHHDEBHHH.

I like making you mad. You should take a rest and relax. Light a candle next to your DF picture and think of the perfect city she will bring to Malden. Sip on your Kool Aid and exhale.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldengal. Show Maldengal's posts

Maybe the city can hire someone to stand there from 8am-10pm and say ... shhhhhh.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

No anger here Walk.  Your vicious nature must be exhausting to those around you.  Try being nice once in while. 

Actually I already lit my candles with Deb today.  You must be a mind reader vicious.   I hope you don't mind me calling you vicious.

Are you sure you follow the MVRCS mission?  It says they teach their students to be "well mannered".  Namecalling is not well mannered councillor.  You should lead by example.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Julii. Show Julii's posts

Incorrupt: If it weren't obvious paranoia, it would be laughable that if someone disagrees with YOU they must be a councillor or a school committee member or an MVRCS parent!! You really don't have much faith in people to think for themselves! Newsflash!!! There are PLENTY of citizens that disagree with you that don't fit into the molds you've put us in! 

I do find it funny, though, and in some cases flattering! that you like to think we're all public officials! You fit right into Fallon's "them and us" scenario. That's her MO. The main problem with this is that it's truly childish, and unbefitting a campaign or candidate for mayoral office.

Give the "good citizens of Malden", of which I am one, more credit than that!! People can think for themselves and draw their own conclusions, and actually totally disagree with you and Fallon's shenanigans, without being a "COUNCILLOR". Grow up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Julii. Show Julii's posts

Oh, and by the way, Incorrupt and Company: I believe that if I were at all undecided about which candidate was going to get MY vote, I would only need to look at Fallon's representation on these boards to make me see that Fallon and company are NOT a good fit for me, my vote, or my city!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

I am a councillor? Great!!!

I do not follow MVCS lol.

You can call me what you want. Ill call you Sue.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfd237. Show mfd237's posts

That bench get fixed yet at the dog park so I can sit down and watch my dog and all his pals do their business???? Dod the camera catch the perp who destroyed it???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

What do you know.  After church this morning a neighborhood friend, who abuts the dog park, confirmed that residents from Everett, Saugus and elsewhere are pouring in to use the dog park at all hours.  I encouraged them to get involved and let their feeling be known.

In Response to Re: Kinnon's in the Doghouse AGAIN:
    MV/Edukated/et al: I also read the daily Malden Evening News and I am quoting from that: "He said (Kinnon) while the park was designed "generally with the idea" it would be used by neighborhood residents, he acknowledged there are people from outside the area using it and said officials are trying to come up with some sort of permit system that would indicate who should be in the park. He said he's also talked to the city's IT director about getting a surveillance camera for that section of the park that would allow police to monitor the area and move people out when they are not supposed to be there. Permits and the installation of security cameras could be moot however, unless city ordinances are amended. One section of the ordinances, entitled "Nuisance by Animals Prohibited" (Section 9.23) bars among other things, the entrance of animals into parks, playgrounds, school grounds and city cemetaries at all times. A sign posted indicates the hours of operation for Trafton and warns residents of several things including "motor vehicles, alcohol and animals". Another section in the ordinances (Section 9.17) requires that all dogs "be restrained at all times by a chain or leash not exceeding 6' in length, except when on the owner's property. Most dogs being taken into the dog park are unleashed to exercise them. Violations of both sections carry fines. Asked whether these sections mean the dog park is prohibited under current city ordinances, Kinnon said he believes it legally does, but if not the ordinances can be amended. "Could there be a contradiction? Sure," said Kinnon. "If there is, I'll have it passed by the council next week." Anyone notice a pattern here?
    Posted by AnnieOMalden

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

Ordinance Committee is meeting in city council chambers at 5:30PM Tuesday April 19.  The dog park is on the agenda tomorrow!

People who are having issues with the dog park better somehow get to that meeting or make their feelings heard fast.

This is going to get rammed through unless something is done.  Just saying...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

it must infuriate mvcsparent and the likes that dogs get a park and  they (charter school) have to pay...kind of  funny....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

Dog park vote got jammed through unanimously by city council.  Kinnon wants the neighbors to get over it, "the park is there to stay".  The city ordinance is changed and the taxpayers will foot the bill for new signs and enforcement of a dog park, that the abutters didn't want.  Kinnon wants residents to call the short-staffed police to report noise or anyone else breaking dog-park rules.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

i missed something. why does mvcs have to pay ???

Sections
Shortcuts